Omega Blue

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
I still truly believe Bamba is the future centre, the problem is it's in 2 to 3 years, vucevic will require a 4 to 5 year deal on at least 20mil, I propose we let vucevic walk and sign brook Lopez on a 3 yr 30mil deal.

I still truly believe Bamba is the future centre, the problem is it's in 2 to 3 years, vucevic will require a 4 to 5 year deal on at least 20mil, I propose we let vucevic walk and sign brook Lopez on a 3 yr 30mil deal.
Not even. I want to see Bamba playing 25+ minutes next season, I'd honestly propose we get Mozgov fit as a third stringer and use Birch as Bamba's main foil. Save the cap space for next season (Moz will also be off the books) and we'll have absoloute stacks to go after possibly 2 max deals

Omega Blue

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Not even. I want to see Bamba playing 25+ minutes next season, I'd honestly propose we get Mozgov fit as a third stringer and use Birch as Bamba's main foil. Save the cap space for next season (Moz will also be off the books) and we'll have absoloute stacks to go after possibly 2 max deals

Yep I second this plan.
Just trying to make the vucevic departure more palatable.

Yep I second this plan.
Just trying to make the vucevic departure more palatable.
His poor playoffs did that for me. He is great, but not worth what he'll get offered by some teams and he'll never be the C to take us all the way.

Looks like we'll be making a play for kemba walker. Us, Indiana, NY and LA in the mix
I saw that, we have the Clifford - Kemba connection too. I just wonder if we're really in the mix? He's eligible for a $220m supermax contract from the Hornets. You'd think he'd either take the supermax or go to a real contender? Not sure what Orlando could do as a small market mid-range team.

I personally expect him to be in LA next year, although would LOVE to see him at Orlando.

Omega Blue

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
I personally don't think we can hold a candle to the offers that NY, LA or Indiana can make.

LA offers LeBron and big market
NY offers potentially KD and big market
Indiana offers a big 3 with oladipo and turner
They can all offer the same money.

Word is Charlotte won't offer Supermax

So we have a keen interest in D'Angelo Russell. I reckon it would work even with Fultz. Fultz is more of a prototypical slashing/passing PG and DA is more of a scoring/spot up type. Fultz is 6'4 and DA 6'5 so could easily play together in the same backcourt guarding both guard spots.

The only issue I have with this is DA will probably be asking for a max contract and I'm not sure he is worth it.

Omega Blue

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
I think they both work, even with DJ for next year. Give fultz more time to find his feet.
Both playmaking guards which is advantageous because our future 3,4 and 5 aren't or don't have to be.
He's worth 21mil a season, I can see is paying that.

I think they both work, even with DJ for next year. Give fultz more time to find his feet.
Both playmaking guards which is advantageous because our future 3,4 and 5 aren't or don't have to be.
He's worth 21mil a season, I can see is paying that.
I'd be happy with that contract. Anything more and we're overpaying.

Any chance he stays at the nets? Even if they get Kyrie?
I can imagine levert and dinwiddie would be happy bench warmers
Definitely hinges on what Kyrie does. He is a RFA so they could match anything we offer anyway.

With both Nasir little and Kevin porter jr on the board we pick a power forward ranked at 33.
Sigh... Facepalm.... Speechless
Don't forget Nickiel Alexander-Walker was the best available SG at that point, a position we are screaming out for.

My only hope right now is Chuma was picked as a part of a trade that hasn't been announced yet. Just mind boggling, I've read phantom drafts that had him as low as a pick in the 50's or even undrafted. The highest I've seen him on a mock draft is pick 31.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don't forget Nickiel Alexander-Walker was the best available SG at that point, a position we are screaming out for.

My only hope right now is Chuma was picked as a part of a trade that hasn't been announced yet. Just mind boggling, I've read phantom drafts that had him as low as a pick in the 50's or even undrafted. The highest I've seen him on a mock draft is pick 31.
Agree he’s not a great fit but he was heading towards being a lottery pick before the acl

So the talk around the NBA seems to be that Orlando will look to move on from all of the pre-WeltHamm players, including Aaron Gordon. This was why we drafted Okeke, who is a very athletic type who can play either Forward position.

This may mean that not only do we not re-sign Vuc or Ross but may even see AG traded this off-season. 2019/20 could be a very different looking Magic team.

Omega Blue

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
I have no issue trading off Gordon, but I need value in return. I'm not talking draft picks or cap dumps I'm taking bonafide players that are of similar age and skill.

I have no issue trading off Gordon, but I need value in return. I'm not talking draft picks or cap dumps I'm taking bonafide players that are of similar age and skill.
I'm often reading stuff about using AG to salary dump Mozgov and/or Fournier for cap space.

Only works if you plan on bringing in a free agent.
Yeah exactly and maybe someone is on the radar? Maybe they're looking at offering some big $$ at Kemba Walker and Khris Middleton or something?

Omega Blue

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Middleton or brogdon would make sense as they were recruited by the bucks by our current regime. I'd be happy with that, Middleton and brogdon for fournier and gordon

Back