Orlando Magic Supporter Clan - Dunk contest winners not welcome

Are any of you guys frustrated with Cliffords rotations? I feel he leaves Markelle out for way too long after his first sub, he comes back in and takes a while to get into the flow of the game again, the future is with this guy so why on earth do we keep splitting minutes with DJ?

I would love to see this -

Markelle 0-8 mins 1st qtr / DJ sub in
DJ 0-4 mins 2nd qtr / Markelle sub in

Rinse and repeat unless DJ is absolutely going off and it's game on the line stuff, even then, DJ would need to be torching things.

I am also completely over this AG experiment, we need JI at the 4, he is so hamstrung with AG in the line up, he only took 7 shots in the loss to Utah, we need him taking 14-15 shots per game and having that 4 spot all to himself. Completely crazy not to cash in on AG's currency, he is a guy who is an elite defender with a very team favourable contract, let's damn move him on whilst we can, this offence is not going to win us anymore than a 8th seed in the East.
I think Markelle will get more minutes as the season progresses. He’s missed a lot of basketball the last few years, this year is all about getting a season under his belt.

Don’t think they’ll trade AG this year unless a deal to good to refuse comes up. Contracted for another 2 seasons there’s plenty of time to trade him.

I still think the future is going to be built around Fultz, Issac and Bamba. Vuce and Gordon are tradable pieces in the future to put the right players around those guys in a few years time.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think Markelle will get more minutes as the season progresses. He’s missed a lot of basketball the last few years, this year is all about getting a season under his belt.

Don’t think they’ll trade AG this year unless a deal to good to refuse comes up. Contracted for another 2 seasons there’s plenty of time to trade him.

I still think the future is going to be built around Fultz, Issac and Bamba. Vuce and Gordon are tradable pieces in the future to put the right players around those guys in a few years time.

I tend to agree about your reference to the future, I am seeing a bit more from Bamba to suggest he may be an important piece, but he still has a long way to go.

I just don’t get why we’d continue with AG, he isn’t a franchise guy and he’s not going to take us past a 7th-8th seed and his minutes at 4 hurt JI’s development.

Fultz has had almost 30 games now, I think it’s enough time for him to start playing 30-32 mins a night. He has so much upside, we’ve really done well with the trade, he has all-star written all over him if he stays healthy.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Some rumours hyping up about a Gordon/CJ McCollum trade, it makes perfect sense for both clubs. Portlands issues arent on the offensive end, they have no high level defenders and AG provides them their best defender and a super diverse player who can get hot on the offensive ends at times but is a lock down defender 24/7.

CJ... Well he fixes an obvious problem for us, he becomes the big wig on the offensive end and will be protected defensively by having elite stoppers all around him, I hope it happens.

Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
CJ is a nice player but not for the money that he's on.

Basketballreference has him on 27, 29, 30, 33 and 35 million from this season to 23-24.

Then there's the chance that Evan walks if we trade for a SG. That would leave us with CJ for Gordon and Fournier... I'm not a fan of the trade.

Omega Blue

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Can't argue we don't need another/an scoring option.
I was against this trade last season, I sighed McCollums she compared to Gordon's, now I'm open to it. We just desperately need a scoring option

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
CJ is a nice player but not for the money that he's on.

Basketballreference has him on 27, 29, 30, 33 and 35 million from this season to 23-24.

Then there's the chance that Evan walks if we trade for a SG. That would leave us with CJ for Gordon and Fournier... I'm not a fan of the trade.

We need a go to scorer, a shot creator and someone who can close. CJ is 28, we get him at his prime for 4 seasons, best case we see him excel as a top dog, worst case he averages 21-22 and we have a knock down shooter.

It’s no a brainer for me, this franchise is destined for mediocrity with this squad.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Fournier can play the small forward spot just as he plays the 2, in modern NBA there’s no difference in the 2 and 3, both are wing positions.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Seems to me he has skipped any significant damage based on his interview, hopefully it's not even an MCL.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
8-10 weeks JI and no structural damage do MCL/PCL or ACL.. Great news

Portland won’t trade McCollum. They finished 3rd in the West the past 2 seasons and made the western conference finals last playoffs.

They are better off trading Whiteside’s $27million expiring contract along with a package of draft picks and future picks to rebuilding teams (Detroit/Cleveland) for Blake Griffin or Kevin Love.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Portland won’t trade McCollum. They finished 3rd in the West the past 2 seasons and made the western conference finals last playoffs.

They are better off trading Whiteside’s $27million expiring contract along with a package of draft picks and future picks to rebuilding teams (Detroit/Cleveland) for Blake Griffin or Kevin Love.

Either way we need to do something, our offence is completely inept.

Either way we need to do something, our offence is completely inept.
Totally agree our offence needs help. I also don’t think we need to be rushed into a trade though. We aren’t going to contend this year so I don’t think we need to trade by the deadline.

Bamba, Issac and Fultz in my opinion are the future but have plenty development ahead of them. Vuce and Gordon are under contract and can be traded for the right pieces in future seasons.

Of course if someone becomes available then we should go for it, just don’t think Portland would be keen to trade CJ as much as the media are reporting.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Totally agree our offence needs help. I also don’t think we need to be rushed into a trade though. We aren’t going to contend this year so I don’t think we need to trade by the deadline.

Bamba, Issac and Fultz in my opinion are the future but have plenty development ahead of them. Vuce and Gordon are under contract and can be traded for the right pieces in future seasons.

Of course if someone becomes available then we should go for it, just don’t think Portland would be keen to trade CJ as much as the media are reporting.

You are probably right.. I would love for us to make a play for Wiggins, would be a solid fit if we ever moved AG (who looks much better without JI).

Our big problem is we clearly have an unbalanced squad, both AG and JI play that natural 4/Stretch 4 spot that defends multiple positions and both play much better without each other, something has to give there.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Any chance we could look at Brandon Ingram?

We’d have to give up a hell of a lot and on top of that who’s to say he would want to come to Orlando? They also have Zion at 4, AG wouldn’t be a fit, and we can’t pay him when he becomes a RFA.

We certainly need to do something, we can’t score.

Was more thinking of we could get Whitesides expiring we could offer him the max, in RFA
The Pelicans will match the offer though.

Lakers are listening to offers for Kyle Kuzma. With Lebron and AD playing the forward roles Kyle’s production has come right down this year. Average 18 points last year.

Lakers have also targeted DJ Augustine as and experienced point guard if the can’t get Darren Collison to come out of retirement.

I wonder if some sort of trade can be made. Would be hilarious as Kuzma said last year he’s glad he doesn’t play for Orlando

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lakers are listening to offers for Kyle Kuzma. With Lebron and AD playing the forward roles Kyle’s production has come right down this year. Average 18 points last year.

Lakers have also targeted DJ Augustine as and experienced point guard if the can’t get Darren Collison to come out of retirement.

I wonder if some sort of trade can be made. Would be hilarious as Kuzma said last year he’s glad he doesn’t play for Orlando

Lakers would jump at it if we offered up a package around AG and DJ, but we’d want to be getting something significant back in return... AG overall is a better player, but Kuz is probably a better fit with JI.

Lakers would jump at it if we offered up a package around AG and DJ, but we’d want to be getting something significant back in return... AG overall is a better player, but Kuz is probably a better fit with JI.
Don’t think the Lakers can afford AG’s $19million salary.

Kuzma is still on his rookie contract just over $1million so will need to make salaries work. DJ also on $7million

Back