Orourke - Hamstring - again!

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly, Jono will be itching to run out in the new look midfield. I don't understand the willingness to write him off nor do I get the rush to round 1, the season is long. Bring him in round 5 and tell him to back himself in.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's our culture of getting disposable things from the instant drive thru. No time to wait.

Disappointing news as I have always felt the biggest thing holding him back was not being able to get a consistent run where he could have confidence in his body. I think he has what is required to make it but I'm not sure his body is going to allow him.

Even though this isn't good news, I still think he will break into the team this year and keep his spot on the list. Because next year we don't have so many high picks and I still in my personal opinion have him infront of the likes of: Howe, Willsmore, Obrien, Heatherly, Hardwick, new draftees and equal with langers, miles, Lovell, Burton and Stewart. I believe a fit and consistent O'Rouke is best 22 next year for a whole season and best 22 this year for 10 games.

I was just hoping for Jono to be tried as a wingman this year, more of a chop out contested type as opposed to being the speedster type, lord knows that Smith is going to need a partner in crime to take some heat off him with Hilly gone, whoever the hawks use on the opposite wing to Smith he is going to have to command the respect of the opposition otherwise Smith is in for a long year of run with players. Just kind of had it in my head that Jono body willing would have been this player. Oh well.:huh:

Even though this isn't good news, I still think he will break into the team this year and keep his spot on the list. Because next year we don't have so many high picks and I still in my personal opinion have him infront of the likes of: Howe, Willsmore, Obrien, Heatherly, Hardwick, new draftees and equal with langers, miles, Lovell, Burton and Stewart. I believe a fit and consistent O'Rouke is best 22 next year for a whole season and best 22 this year for 10 games.
Lulza.

The players you have him ahead of don't even play the position JOR does. Might as well throw McEvoy, Pittonet, Ceglar, Frawley, Brand, Vickery to that list he's ahead of going by your summary.

I'm going by age/experience.
Since when has that been a selection criteria?
If that was the case, the oldest 22 would be selected every week and being a Hawthorn listed player between the ages of 18-25 would make you redundant to the selection system.

If you're going to do a who he's ahead/behind in the system you have to compare him against inside mids only. Yes, yes I know; people on here think he's a winger, but he's never played there in his life nor has he spent any time as a winger in his Hawthon career.

Who out of the inside/clearance mids is he ahead of? Right now, you look at that list, only Hanrahan and Cousins are sitting below him because all the other inside mids are far superior ball winners and/or have a defensive side to their game.

Has the man shrunk? Used to be 187cm , im sure of it, and the growth caused some hamstring problems ?

Wikipedia has him at 188cm which must be old

As the hawks site and the other reputable ones all now say 184cm?

(Interesting that shiels/jom/titch almost identical at 183/183/182cm and all 84kgs)

Has the man shrunk? Used to be 187cm , im sure of it, and the growth caused some hamstring problems ?

Wikipedia has him at 188cm which must be old

As the hawks site and the other reputable ones all now say 184cm?

(Interesting that shiels/jom/titch almost identical at 183/183/182cm and all 84kgs)
and I'm 181cm and 84kg!

I'm on the "he's not crap" train.
I think he has some good moves & a good playing IQ.
For whatever reason he wasn't utilised in a lot in the games he played where he had made it into space... if it wasn't the "right space", I have no idea.

I think that if fit he would be solid depth as our 4-5 mid. Where he fits when he's not on ball would be my only concern.
My only reason for writing him off early to play most of 2017 at Box hill is his injury history.

It's unfortunate that he's gone again but the reality is that Hawthorn say 3-4 weeks but it could only be very minor & are labelling it 3-4 but it's only a 1-2 for a non chronic hammy player.
The other side is a 3-4 with an expectation of more, look at Shoey's comeback trail last year.... every week he was close.

I genuinely hope he pushes for games as I had him pegged for 12-16.
I like him but that hole just got that little bit deeper for a guy who has struggled in the past

So it's already out to 4-6...
He had better come back in "Beast Mode" to claim a spot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was just hoping for Jono to be tried as a wingman this year, more of a chop out contested type as opposed to being the speedster type, lord knows that Smith is going to need a partner in crime to take some heat off him with Hilly gone, whoever the hawks use on the opposite wing to Smith he is going to have to command the respect of the opposition otherwise Smith is in for a long year of run with players. Just kind of had it in my head that Jono body willing would have been this player. Oh well.:huh:
Run with players only work if they can actually run with the opponent. In Smith's case no one in the AFL can go with him, Hills, Scully, Kelly and Blicsavs included.

Run with players only work if they can actually run with the opponent. In Smith's case no one in the AFL can go with him, Hills, Scully, Kelly and Blicsavs included.
Easier if you got a partner in crime to ease the load, lets hope that Henderson plays the part of Robin well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back