Rumour ORRENSON COMEBACK??

Just heard on SEN that biG ORRO has been offered a spot on Richmond's VFL list. Mini Skips would be rapt to hear this hahaha

Skips will be barring up on this news

Saw him at the game on Sat so there may be some truth to the rumour.
Which jumper were we wearing? I don't know what jumper they're gonna wear this year as the 2014 afl clash with the yellow side panels that was the vfl home jumper in 2014 is now gone...

Which jumper were we wearing? I don't know what jumper they're gonna wear this year as the 2014 afl clash with the yellow side panels that was the vfl home jumper in 2014 is now gone...

Saw him at Etihad. Not the VFL game.

Westicle

All Australian
Feb 20, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
PJEGMgj.jpg

The Rusty Trombone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2007
K Mart Car Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
World Donkey Punch Championships
Did Hampson play that bad?
What do you think ? Apparently he was our best player against the Bulldogs in round 1 of the Nab Cup. After the tap outs which he won he did sweet FA . Maybe it's time for the club to stop cupping his balls and cracking his skull or he's never going to reach his potential.

Would be great to have him back as part of the VFL setup. Can recall Maric speaking highly of the Big Orrenson's family values and maturity. :thumbsu:

The Rusty Trombone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2007
K Mart Car Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Would be great to have him back as part of the VFL setup. Can recall Maric speaking highly of the Big Orrenson's family values and maturity. :thumbsu:
Would stifle Vickerys development and what little development if any Hampson has but if he gets is to finals we can have Matt Thomas fit and raring to go to replace a future young gun in an elimination semi.

Would stifle Vickerys development and what little development if any Hampson has but if he gets is to finals we can have Matt Thomas fit and raring to go to replace a future young gun in an elimination semi.

Could be wrong on this one RT but do we need to select a minimum number of VFL only listed players for VFL games?

I would have thought we could select all the AFL listed players not playing in the firsts (emergencies and injured players aside) and fill in the rest from the VFL listed players?

Think I read Soldo will play in the TAC Cup this year so Hampson/McBean/Vickery could all get the chance to play plenty of ruck.

The Rusty Trombone

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2007
K Mart Car Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
If Saldo is playing TAC Cup that is a great result for the kid and Perfeft for his development . As for Hampson clogging our list no one can tell me any different. The guy has been in the system for 8 years and is still scared of his own shadow. Happy to be proven wrong for the benefit of the club but he simply doesn't want the ball after a ruck contest and walks from contest to contest.

If Saldo is playing TAC Cup that is a great result for the kid and Perfeft for his development . As for Hampson clogging our list no one can tell me any different. The guy has been in the system for 8 years and is still scared of his own shadow. Happy to be proven wrong for the benefit of the club but he simply doesn't want the ball after a ruck contest and walks from contest to contest.

I tend to agree on Hampson though I rate him a better tap ruck than Maric. While that's not much to stand on, it's at least something. Hopefully Maric will stay fit for most of the season but I'm sure there will be times when Hampson (or Griff/Vickery) will need to step up and take the ruck spot when Maric is being rested or is unavailable.

Just on Soldo, here's where I read he'd be playing TAC Cup - agreed, would be much better for his development than being thrown in against VFL quality players given his lack of experience.

Ivan Soldo: The former basketballer is still learning the game in his first pre-season at Punt Road. A non-registered category-B rookie, the ruckman will spend most of the season in the TAC Cup.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-15/the-middle-men-part-two

Back