Up the Coasters Oscar Allen round 21 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely has to be up there. Walsh clearly running away with it but from the next rung down you’d have to have him on par or having a better year than guys like Duursma, Bailey Smith, Rozee, Stack etc

"It's a fine balance. It's best to build gradually because if you just chuck all this weight on I think that's when you could lose some mobility," the No.21 pick in the 2017 NAB AFL Draft said.

"(Defender) Tom Barrass is someone who's done it really well from having a similar body size to me when he was drafted to now being one of the bigger and stronger key defenders in the AFL."

Don't do a Tom. Tom Bulked up to fast and was found out in 17.

Well done to Oscar I thought he had already been nominated ........... seems I am wrong ......... again. :oops:

The kid looks like a future AA and Captain material.

Our young players seem of having a gun year and then regressing (JD, Gaff, Sheed, TB) but to me Oscar is more mature than all those guys and probably has what it takes to take his game to another level next season.

Most certainly well deserved. Good work Oscar!

There’s not many 20 year olds around that can be thrown in the ruck, down back or up forward, any given time in a game and still get the job done each and every week.

Overall it’s unlikely he hits the top 5 in the award, but he certainly deserves his name in this years list. I think by the time he finishes up he will be top 5 from the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Godfather32 when OAllen comes into play

Image result for love hearts eyes gif

I always forget he is a rookie and think he is a mid-career player being used to fill in everywhere. When you remember he is only 20 you realise how good he can be.

It will be interesting to see how he is used in future seasons when we introduce Brander.
He's that versatile that it won't matter where we play him, he'll have an impact

Remove this Banner Ad

Back