Up the Coasters Oscar Allen round 21 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats to Oscar.

Glad he was rewarded after a sustained period of good footy.

Bit of bitching going on that Fogarty didn't get the nomination with his 5 goals, but I find it perplexing people want to reward a 1-game performance when the winner is chosen based on their performance over the whole season.

Happened to Jarrod Cameron in round 17. Consistency gets rewarded.

I'm starting to think he'll play midfield/forward. Will be two years away but I can see him going into the guts for long periods.
This year in the ruck is going to hold him in good stead for that. CHF who can then throw his weight around in the engine room

Considering that the voting for the Rising Star award is heavily influenced by the Victorian media, many who don't even know who Oscar Allen is, he is not going to feature prominently in the final voting. However I reckon by the time his career is finished it will match the career of any of the nominations from this season. He has simply excelled this year with the various roles he has been asked to play.

Last edited:
Fogarty is a bit stiff. He kept Adelaide in that game far longer than they had any right to be.

Oscar in on weight of quality performances. RS team don't want to end up with egg on their face when Oscar is a league superstar in 2 years time and they didn't give him a nod.

I think we have got a real good one here in Oscar. Very pleased with his development.

Oscar is good, I just hope he isn't one of these players that hits their ceiling quickly. If he were to gradually get better every year we would have a champion beyond imagination.

Congrats to Oscar.

Glad he was rewarded after a sustained period of good footy.

Bit of bitching going on that Fogarty didn't get the nomination with his 5 goals, but I find it perplexing people want to reward a 1-game performance when the winner is chosen based on their performance over the whole season.

Well to be fair the award is for season long performance, but is the weekly nomination? Fog had 3 coaches votes and was named in the AFL team of the week.

In any case I don't begrudge Allen getting the nomination, I watch a lot of your games due to the wife being a West Coast member, the kid is going to be very, very good. And seems like he has a really good head on his shoulders :thumbsu:

Well to be fair the award is for season long performance, but is the weekly nomination? Fog had 3 coaches votes and was named in the AFL team of the week.

In any case I don't begrudge Allen getting the nomination, I watch a lot of your games due to the wife being a West Coast member, the kid is going to be very, very good. And seems like he has a really good head on his shoulders :thumbsu:

Jarrod Cameron had back to back weeks of 4 goals and still couldn't crack a nom so we feel Fogarty's pain on that one.

If he puts up another display like he did on the weekend it's only a matter of time, Fogarty looks to be a gem

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done and deserved Oscar. :thumbsu:
Hunter Mk11 has finally arrived.
I think we all thought Gov was to be our next Mr fixit but he is too valuable where he is.
Oscar has already been down back, up front and in the middle so can't get more versatile than that.

He will bust a game open soon and then the old "Where do West Coast keep finding these guys" will come around again.

We absolutely cleaned up at the 2017 draft, will be a complete annihilation if Jarrod Brander comes on as your next great big KPF.

Thank you Gold Coast.
Brander is going to take a while, his speed and size hold us in a good position for talls in the future.

Brander is going to take a while, his speed and size hold us in a good position for talls in the future.
Yeah. We have to keep Brander.

Him, Allen and Waterman gives us scary size, talent and flexibility.

Couldn't tell you what year/s it was, but i remember Jarryd Roughead playing a similar role to what Oscar is now and looked phenomenal doing it.

If he could turn into that level of player, wow.

*no pressure

I think he could become like pavlich
I agree actually. Except Pav’s build made him a beast from day one.

When you weigh it all up, it really was a no brainer to take him at pick 21.

What’s scary is to think Brander was so much better than him that we took him first and left it up to chance for another side to grab Allen.

I suspect we would have assumed Allen would be gone well before our second pick, and were planning on taking Kelly.

I agree actually. Except Pav’s build made him a beast from day one.

When you weigh it all up, it really was a no brainer to take him at pick 21.

What’s scary is to think Brander was so much better than him that we took him first and left it up to chance for another side to grab Allen.

I suspect we would have assumed Allen would be gone well before our second pick, and were planning on taking Kelly.

Pretty sure I've seen BOND007 post that almost verbatim.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back