Player Watch Oscar Allen

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean it's good that he has but on the flip side going into his 4th season he had add to his some what of a slight frame. Think once JK retires he'll put on a fair more size to FF/CHF

Strange perception.

I’ve never perceived him to be ‘slight’ or doubted he would be anything short of an ideal build for key position in the AFL.

Slight is a guy like Tim English.

Am I missing something?

Strange perception.

I’ve never perceived him to be ‘slight’ or doubted he would be anything short of an ideal build for key position in the AFL.

Slight is a guy like Tim English.

Am I missing something?
he was under 90 kg's last season. It's nothing on him. He'll slowly put it on in the next few years.

Yeah his future is definitely as a key position player and not a ruckman. He's only 192cm tall. The young gun at the other end yesterday is 202cm. That's basically Dean Cox. Who was a handy ruckman in the forward line but he wasn't a King twin.

Allen's biggest advantage is that he's just a good footballer. He's only played 39 games and and has been moved around the ground away from his natural position and still contributes. He's a bit like Darling in that he's got good hands and reads the flight of the ball well which helps to make up for the fact that he's slightly undersized by AFL standards. A lot of young key forwards come in and take time to adapt due to no longer having a physical advantage that they had in U/18s.
194 cm.

Yeah his future is definitely as a key position player and not a ruckman. He's only 192cm tall. The young gun at the other end yesterday is 202cm. That's basically Dean Cox. Who was a handy ruckman in the forward line but he wasn't a King twin.

Can anyone confirm or otherwise that he is still just 192cm tall? I heard or read earlier in year that he'd grown a bit and was now around 194cm, but I see the Eagles web site still lists him as 192cm. Don't know if it's not been updated or he is still only 192cm. One thing he does do well when marking is he often takes the ball at the highest possible point, so with his arms often fully extended above it makes up for only being 'only' 192cm(?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was an absolute steal at the pick WC selected him. Best player in the Champs but everyone was obsessed with Lukosius who wasn't eligible and then didn't really play any better the next year. Looks like he has grown the extra inch to remove the concerns over his height.

Can anyone confirm or otherwise that he is still just 192cm tall? I heard or read earlier in year that he'd grown a bit and was now around 194cm, but I see the Eagles web site still lists him as 192cm. Don't know if it's not been updated or he is still only 192cm. One thing he does do well when marking is he often takes the ball at the highest possible point, so with his arms often fully extended above it makes up for only being 'only' 192cm(?)
He is 194cm.

Been mentioned by both him and commentary/on Fox Footy previously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back