Opinion O'Shanassy Street

Remove this Banner Ad

loogy.jpg

The Artwork for the about to be replaced ceiling plasterboard of the jimandphilbadge Cave has just been commissioned.
Oh my God!!

That is possbily to greatest thing ever!

You are absolutely smashing it SMaturin! Seeing your emails in my inbox is one of the highlights of my week.
And what's awesome is I get to re-use all my bigfooty photo shop atrocities in a brand new medium!

Great work again.

Dare I say it, but this thread may have you challenging for the right to play bridesmaid to giantroo in POTY voting.

Your my POTY see see

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great work again.

Dare I say it, but this thread may have you challenging for the right to play bridesmaid to giantroo in POTY voting.

I'll accept the challenge for bridesmaid. Giantroo is in a league of his own.

I've said it several times but words cannot explain how good this blog is. Such an entertaining read every week. I'm only half way through Kimbo 's post from last week but I'm going to have to put a pause on that to read the new post again. Love the humour! Genuine lol's every week.

I've said it several times but words cannot explain how good this blog is. Such an entertaining read every week. I'm only half way through Kimbo 's post from last week but I'm going to have to put a pause on that to read the new post again. Love the humour! Genuine lol's every week.
* off! :p

$20 note analogy = bang on.

You should really think about setting up a patreon payment page so North supports can donate each week to your site. Even if it's something like a dollar a week to you, the stern look podcast, and giantroo. That's giving up 1 coffee a week and may work out to be $20+ a week each as a small token of gratitude for giving us extra quality north content. If your not happy accepting the money it could be donated to buy a membership for someone less fortunate or given to the huddle.

Just an idea.

I was so nervous after Eddie kicked two goals in 3 seconds that when Lynch got knocked out I thought "probably for the best". Not losing sleep over missing Jarrad for a week, we can win without him.

So was I ... but then they held on.

Its a terrible decision tho. Not just cos he is a great player for us. It is part of a trend that has the potential to wreck the game. Alot of the changes the AFL has brought in a re good imo, or at least reasonable after a bit of thought. Even the anti concussion stuff is... but the AFL just has to front up and say all players risk serious concussion playing footy and should be aware of this before they play.

OK

The game is better without the thuggery. Even the soft protection marking these days ... if it had been around in Carey's time he would have had functional shoulders for so much more of his career and we might have won more flags. Deliberate oob and rushing a point make the game unreal. The pressure backlines are under is amazing and the way good ones (like ours) work their way through it is incredibly skillful.

But you can't completely protect people's heads in football. Especially the way finals get played. The AFL has taken many steps to minimise the risk of concussion and fair enough - its cost us players - but it may have jumped the shark with these MRP anti-tackle decisions. Unless someone designs lightweight unobtrusive airbag collars that footy players can wear to prevent any head injuries. What could possibly go wrong.

I was so nervous after Eddie kicked two goals in 3 seconds that when Lynch got knocked out I thought "probably for the best". Not losing sleep over missing Jarrad for a week, we can win without him.

The fact that they held on .... it was really something.

We've been crying out for a win like that. One where we stamp some authority on something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back