DaveyBlues

Team Captain
Sep 3, 2007
The Carlton Board
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Liverpool
I've never been so angered by a tennis crowd. Why do they find it nessasary to cheer for the man they're supporting, just as he is serving, it's going to do everything but help him. Secondly, booing after a point is just poor form. And when the crowd get's to the point that a players father can't handle such dissrespect that he has to leave it is just bad for the game and a bad reflection on Australia as this is a world wide broadcast.

Congrats Djock.

You're dead right. Unfortunately it will never change and is of course un-policeable.

What's worse for me is the **** who screams out during The Last Post at The Anzac Day weekend matches. One day I will be lucky enough to have him somewhere in the stand where I can locate him. One day.

DaveyBlues

Team Captain
Sep 3, 2007
The Carlton Board
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
You're dead right. Unfortunately it will never change and is of course un-policeable.

What's worse for me is the **** who screams out during The Last Post at The Anzac Day weekend matches. One day I will be lucky enough to have him somewhere in the stand where I can locate him. One day.

Are we talking figuratively about ****'s in general that do it? or is it known that a specific guy does it every time?

BlueMania

Club Legend
Jan 4, 2008
Dandenong ranges
AFL Club
Carlton

You should bring some rotten eggs with you just in case T60 !

I think the crowd should not be yelling out to him to stop bouncing the ball when he's getting ready to serve . Also , the umpire should be telling the crowd to be quiet long before Djokovic requested him to do so .

You should bring some rotten eggs with you just in case T60 !

I think the crowd should not be yelling out to him to stop bouncing the ball when he's getting ready to serve . Also , the umpire should be telling the crowd to be quiet long before Djokovic requested him to do so .

The umpires have become the player's and sponsor's bitches. Could you imagine a player being tossed out of the Open nowadays as Bratenroe was? Not a ****ing chance.

Sep 29, 2007
somewhere in the S.E Suburbs
AFL Club
Carlton
all I will say it yes it was a poor performance by the crowd but as the saying goes..... you get one in every crowd!

has anyone actually sat down and watched the US tennis Open at all....
then you will see how arrogant a crowd can really be.

and yes..... I agree with the above statements re: the ********s who yell out during the last post..... absolutely disrespectful for those that lost their own lives fighting for what we have in this country today....

does it HURT ANYONE to KEEP THEIR MOUTHS SHUT FOR 2 MINS??????
that really does piss me off ! :thumbsdown:

AndyWalkersGirl

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 21, 2006
The Apple Isle.
AFL Club
Carlton
Booing is not acceptable at tennis.

Whilest I do understand that tennis is a gentlemans game, FFS - a crowd is going to cheer in a final, that's natural! What a joke expecting them to be quiet.

Try telling the crowd at the FIFA World Cup final to be quiet during a penalty shoot out. Doesn't happen. I dont get why tennis has to be so stuck up and boring and treated with such pompeous soft 'sshhhh please'. You dont want noise? Dont play infront of a crowd. Simple.

Are we talking figuratively about ****'s in general that do it? or is it known that a specific guy does it every time?

Figuratively. If he were known publicly he would have been hanging from the Great Southern Stand years ago. It's usually more than one actually. I can't recall anything that makes me as angry. Half the bloody crowd will have upsetting memories of the war (pick any) and The Last Post is just sacred.

AndyWalkersGirl

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 21, 2006
The Apple Isle.
AFL Club
Carlton
all I will say it yes it was a poor performance by the crowd but as the saying goes..... you get one in every crowd!

has anyone actually sat down and watched the US tennis Open at all....
:

Have you seen South American tennis games, or SPanish tennis games? Try telling that crowd to shut up. Just doesn't happen, and it doesn't bother anyone. I dont get why it's such a big deal here in Aus. If the crowd want to cheer, let them cheer, they've paid good money to enjoy the game. Otherwise they might as well have watched it at home. Passion and emotion is what sport is about, take that out of the game and it would be one hell of a boring spectacle.

Sep 29, 2007
somewhere in the S.E Suburbs
AFL Club
Carlton
Have you seen South American tennis games, or SPanish tennis games? Try telling that crowd to shut up. Just doesn't happen, and it doesn't bother anyone. I dont get why it's such a big deal here in Aus. If the crowd want to cheer, let them cheer, they've paid good money to enjoy the game. Otherwise they might as well have watched it at home. Passion and emotion is what sport is about, take that out of the game and it would be one hell of a boring spectacle.

ummm yes I have...... that is what I was trying to say in my original post....
even though the aussie crowd were booing .... what the aussie crowd done tonight was absolutely mild compared to other parts of the world..

Booing is not acceptable at tennis.

Whilest I do understand that tennis is a gentlemans game, FFS - a crowd is going to cheer in a final, that's natural! What a joke expecting them to be quiet.

Try telling the crowd at the FIFA World Cup final to be quiet during a penalty shoot out. Doesn't happen. I dont get why tennis has to be so stuck up and boring and treated with such pompeous soft 'sshhhh please'. You dont want noise? Dont play infront of a crowd. Simple.

Its an interesting theory this quiet at the tennis and golf but chaos at most team sports. Imagine the crowd going berko at a billiards frame, poker game or chess event. A very interesting question as to how some sports develop audience quiet and others audience ruckus. Bring on the ideas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smiley43

Team Captain
Aug 2, 2007
Melb
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Stars
Djokovic won right?? So what's the problem??? I missed parts of the match, but if he, or his dad, can't stand the crowd cheering for the opposition player then maybe he should consider another sport... or no sport in general!!

Very hypocritical if Djokovic complianed after he had a go at his own (serbian) crowd for not cheering enough for a fellow country men. Cry baby if you ask me.

But congrats either way. Saw the Federer match... Fed's was far from his best, but Djokovic's serving was something else.

NWTYRX

Premiership Player
Veteran Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer 2009 Player Sponsor
Sep 21, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Man Utd, Cowboys, Stars
The crowd can do what they like lol. They paid for their tickets

NWTYRX

Premiership Player
Sep 21, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Man Utd, Cowboys, Stars
To make sure things don't get out of hand. If the crowd want to boo, then they'll boo lol

DaveyBlues

Team Captain
Sep 3, 2007
The Carlton Board
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Djokovic won right?? So what's the problem??? I missed parts of the match, but if he, or his dad, can't stand the crowd cheering for the opposition player then maybe he should consider another sport... or no sport in general!!

Very hypocritical if Djokovic complianed after he had a go at his own (serbian) crowd for not cheering enough for a fellow country men. Cry baby if you ask me.

But congrats either way. Saw the Federer match... Fed's was far from his best, but Djokovic's serving was something else.

Im being impartial, it pissed me off when they threw off J-W T also.

And all this stuff about the sport needs to learn how to handle rowdy crowds, why must every game change for idiots that can't simplely behave acceptably, and push the boundaries of what is acceptable?

NWTYRX

Premiership Player
Sep 21, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Man Utd, Cowboys, Stars
Just a question.. why were they booing tonight? I must have missed that part... drinks break!

I believe it was because he was taking 20 bounces, or something like that before each serve

To make sure things don't get out of hand. If the crowd want to boo, then they'll boo lol

I think the OT was talking about exactly that. I guess what happens is the booing or cheering isn't split 50% each way. It never is. Because people have a favourite (and usually the crowd favourite will be the underdog as tonight) it sounds a bit lopsided when the cheers go up. As for the boos? In an ideal world there wouldn't be any. Tennis booing used to only arise if a player made a **** of himself or the umpire made a howler. Now we love our freedoms and feel it our right to suggest at volume that a player or umpire is a ****head.

NWTYRX

Premiership Player
Sep 21, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Man Utd, Cowboys, Stars
Yep, and I believe that Djokovic was being a real ******** tonight, that's why the crowd acted the way they did

This is from the TheAge.com.au

When Tsonga claimed the first set he received a bigger cheer than a winner receives.

The overwhelming crowd support for Tsonga wore away at Djokovic who reacted angrily as the match wore on.

Not our fault, he can't handle the crowd being against him

Yep, and I believe that Djokovic was being a real ******** tonight, that's why the crowd acted the way they did

This is from the TheAge.com.au

Not our fault, he can't handle the crowd being against him

Is the crowd against him because more people are barracking for the French bloke?

Smiley43

Team Captain
Aug 2, 2007
Melb
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Stars
Im being impartial, it pissed me off when they threw off J-W T also.

And all this stuff about the sport needs to learn how to handle rowdy crowds, why must every game change for idiots that can't simplely behave acceptably, and push the boundaries of what is acceptable?

Personally, I think if fans can't express themselves at a game or event, then they simply won't go. If cheering/ supporting your player is unacceptable, then get ready for no crowds at games. And if there's no fans, there's no sponsors, tv coverage, etc... In the end, the players lose out. So really, if other players can adjust, then I feel they must to, or they will have no place in world sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back