Moved Thread OT Post dumping ground….

Remove this Banner Ad

You're new to BF, so I'll explain. . .

We used to do:
Preview
Game Day
Review

Thennnnn. . .this year. . .the Unofficial Preview began.

Thennnnn. . .there was. . .
Preview
Game Day
Review

Soooooo. . .I am wondering what happened to. . .
Preview?

OR. . .have I missed something?
Parson/Zuthrie meltdowns :D

You're new to BF, so I'll explain. . .

We used to do:
Preview
Game Day
Review

Thennnnn. . .this year. . .the Unofficial Preview began.

Thennnnn. . .there was. . .
Preview
Game Day
Review

Soooooo. . .I am wondering what happened to. . .
Preview?

OR. . .have I missed something?
Explained beautifully Miss Kitty, thank you. Maybe its because the game isn't until next week?

2Gb7.gif
is that show the best intro song ever?
The only song I can remember every single word...

I think Yvonne De Carlo was a past Miss World or Miss America.
Yeah, she was a babe too. Don't get me wrong. I think I just saw The Addams Family on TV before I got to see The Munsters. I was a dark and weird kid. Growing up not much changed either:D

My first "TV crush"- absolute Jeannie

Last edited:
is that show the best intro song ever?
The only song I can remember every single word...

Hahahaha! It is fantastic!

The other intro I remember all of the words to is

Yeah, she was a babe too. Don't get me wrong. I think I just saw The Addams Family on TV before I got to see The Munsters. I was a dark and weird kid. Growing up not much changed either:D
The Addams Family were my favourite, I wanted to be Wednesday + begged my Mum to die my hair black lol

Morticia is so glamorous + flirty

Morticia-the-addams-family-1964-39772243-500-367.gif

Do you mind if I smoke?
Z0NTDr3.gif

Morticia's Moon Tan
4fs.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Venice named a Post Office after her.
Not many people can say that.

That's amazing Fred, I've not ever heard of a post office being named after someone.

Speaking of Yvonne DeCarlo, it was her 96th birthday yesterday, + she was the only child of William Middleton, a New Zealand salesman of English descent. It turned out that her father was some sort of scammer, also a bigamist, who fled to Canada by schooner + although promising to send for Yvonne + her mother, was never heard of again.

yvonne-de-carlo-colour.jpg

Happy Birthday to Yvonne DeCarlo, who was so much more than Lily Munster
yvonne-decarlo-9542333-1-402.jpg

Thé Addams family and I love Jeannie? Aren’t those shows from the 60s. How old are you people?
Hahahaha! Oldies, but goodies! None of the current TV shows come closed to the TV shows + Films of the 60s!

What were your favourite shows/films, Seeds?

My first "TV crush"- absolute Jeannie

Barbara Eden, so beautiful! I used to have an I Dream of Jeannie costume, for fancy dress parties lol Plus, I had long blonde hair + Mum would do it like Jeannie, but used a plait hair piece, which she used to do her hair like Princess Grace of Monaco :joycat::joycat::joycat:

It's really sad, my family weren't into taking photos. So there are very few pix from my childhood. Yet, my brother became one of the most recognised Art Photographers in the World, with photos in the Bibliotheque Nationale de France, MOMA, most Australian State Art Galleries + our National Art Gallery. Kind of strange when I think about it. He used to be the Stills Photographer for Australian Movies. Made Coca Cola + Tooheys Beer Adverts. Was the first non-Chinese to take photos of the Forbidden City Palace Museum.

How's this for fathers Day memories

Now you're really bringing back the memories!

How about Flipper?

They call him Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning,
No-one you see, is smarter than he,
And we know Flipper, lives in a world full of wonder,
Flying there-under, under the sea!

Source: https://www.lyricsondemand.com/tvthemes/flipperlyrics.html

Another favourite was the Mavis Bramston Show, which was a satirical TV comedy, featuring Australian issues + characters. Ocker was the famous "Pie Eater", Gordon Chater played a stereotypical Ocker character in a singlet + handkerchief hat, who crams pies into his mouth while extolling the virtues of the "June Dilly-Potkins School of Charm".

It was wildly successful in Sydney + Canberra. Did you Melbourne people ever see it?

How's this for fathers Day memories

They were both epic shows! Loved them both!

So now my other shows beginning with my favourites:

Green Acres
Top Cat
Dr Kildare
Mr Ed
Astro Boy
Kimba, the White Lion
Get Smart
Beverly Hillbillies
Bewitched
The Monkeys
Petticoat Junction
The Flying Nun
Batman
The Jetsons
Man from UNCLE
Lost in Space
The Saint
Noddy
Thunderbirds
Star Trek
Dr Who
Skippy
Casper
The Avengers
The Flintstones
Brady Bunch
The Lone Ranger
Sea Hunt
Danger Man
Bulwinkle Show
Lassie
The Virginian
Mr Magoo
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Romper Room
Snagglepuss
Family Affair
Homicide
My Three Sons
Wagon Train
My Favorite Martian
Dick Tracy
The Ghost & Mrs Muir
Land of the Giants
Gidget
Tarzan
Superman
The Forsyte Saga
Mr Squiggle
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
Adam-12
Carol Burnett Show
The Baron
Benny Hill
Lucille Ball Show + I Love Lucy
Mission Impossible
Wild Wild West
Bonanza
Daniel Boone
Marcus Welby MC
Ironside
That Girl
Love American Style
Dad's Army

Hahahaha! Oldies, but goodies! None of the current TV shows come closed to the TV shows + Films of the 60s!

What were your favourite shows/films, Seeds?
I’m afraid Im from a different generation. Off the top of my head my fav shows were Seinfeld, Buffy, Angel, coupling, Breaking Bad, Macgyver, Saved by the Bell, newsroom, Harvey Birdman, A Country Practise and Rick and Morty.

They were both epic shows! Loved them both!

So now my other shows beginning with my favourites:

Green Acres
Top Cat
Dr Kildare
Mr Ed
Astro Boy
Kimba, the White Lion
Get Smart
Beverly Hillbillies
Bewitched
The Monkeys
Petticoat Junction
The Flying Nun
Batman
The Jetsons
Man from UNCLE
Lost in Space
The Saint
Noddy
Thunderbirds
Star Trek
Dr Who
Skippy
Casper
The Avengers
The Flintstones
Brady Bunch
The Lone Ranger
Sea Hunt
Danger Man
Bulwinkle Show
Lassie
The Virginian
Mr Magoo
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Romper Room
Snagglepuss
Family Affair
Homicide
My Three Sons
Wagon Train
My Favorite Martian
Dick Tracy
The Ghost & Mrs Muir
Land of the Giants
Gidget
Tarzan
Superman
The Forsyte Saga
Mr Squiggle
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
Adam-12
Carol Burnett Show
The Baron
Benny Hill
Lucille Ball Show + I Love Lucy
Mission Impossible
Wild Wild West
Bonanza
Daniel Boone
Marcus Welby MC
Ironside
That Girl
Love American Style
Dad's Army
Don’t know half of these but the other half looks like the list of shows that was on tv during the middle of the day when I faked being sick to stay home from school. Astroboy, bewitched and Monty python and Benny hill are awesome. Mr squiggle scared the sh** out of me as a kid though.

I’m afraid Im from a different generation. Off the top of my head my fav shows were Seinfeld, Buffy, Angel, coupling, Breaking Bad, Macgyver, Saved by the Bell, newsroom, Harvey Birdman, A Country Practise and Rick and Morty.
OMG! You're an 80s hey-day guy? You missed the best eras of TV in the 60s + 70s. You've probably seen many of those TV shows, right?

Seinfeld was awesome! Still up there for fantastic TV. Also Will & Grace, Karen Walker being my heroine!

Don’t know half of these but the other half looks like the list of shows that was on tv during the middle of the day when I faked being sick to stay home from school. Astroboy, bewitched and Monty python and Benny hill are awesome. Mr squiggle scared the sh** out of me as a kid though.
Yes! Then when the FTA channels expanded the number of channels, they were all re-runs.

I love Mr Squiggle, because Norman Hetherington was a friend of family friends + we'd meet him at parties.

You should, if you have Foxtel, record The Virginian, which was just epic! You get to see so many stars, who began on TV + became huge Stars!

Surely you've seen The Addams Family, The Beverley Hillbillies +++

Yes! Then when the FTA channels expanded the number of channels, they were all re-runs.

I love Mr Squiggle, because Norman Hetherington was a friend of family friends + we'd meet him at parties.

You should, if you have Foxtel, record The Virginian, which was just epic! You get to see so many stars, who began on TV + became huge Stars!

Surely you've seen The Addams Family, The Beverley Hillbillies +++
I never actually saw the Addams family show but both the movies. Actually the same thing with Beverly hillbillies as well originally but eventually saw some of the episodes while at home during uni years.

I never actually saw the Addams family show but both the movies. Actually the same thing with Beverly hillbillies as well originally but eventually saw some of the episodes while at home during uni years.
The Addams family was SO good that even now, I can recall every single character and their idiosyncrasies.
Lost in Space was another classic- infuriating, but compelling.

And what about

Remove this Banner Ad

Back