Oppo Camp Other Club News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Where's the line. Most churches, synagogues, mosques and temples have views and historic sermons that are opposed to various aspects of AFL inclusion policy.
True.
But when those views are bought up in the present day, the church/people involved have the opportunity to refute them as incompatible with todays society.
The failure to do so was his undoing.

If it's a personal belief and the believer is not broadcasting or trying to convert then I don't care.

Soon as they start indoctrinating others or claiming their deity does or does not condone this or that then...see ya bud.
Unfortunately, behind the closed doors of an AFL club, this indoctrination could happen without h anyone knowing.
Reference Essendon drug program.

Yeah as much crap as everyone gives Brad Scott he done well at North considering
Not just about the coach.
No club wins a Premiership with a dysfunctional administration.
They have massive business support with talented people who can be bought in.
Might take a couple of years to configure that management, but by then the coach may well have his nucleus.

Not just about the coach.
No club wins a Premiership with a dysfunctional administration.
They have massive business support with talented people who can be bought in.
Might take a couple of years to configure that management, but by then the coach may well have his nucleus.
Plus, they have the great Kevin Sheedy…

Just heard Montagna on Triple M creaming about the alleged coaching Panel as it includes Robert Harvey and Lenny Hayes.

I bet the competition is just shaking in their boots now.

p.s. I quite like Lenny
I have to say I think Montagna is the best of the strategists getting around on footy shows.
He will coach one day no doubt.

I had to laugh when I heard a Saints supporter mate say " I love it! We're hated now!"

I have no idea where that came from or how having Harvey back and or Lyon makes St Kilda hated?
Lyon being a twat I can understand but I am not sure that equates to the Saints being hated.

I have to say I think Montagna is the best of the strategists getting around on footy shows.

I had to laugh when I heard a Saints supporter mate say " I love it! We're hated now!"

I have no idea where that came from or how having Harvey back and or Lyon makes St Kilda hated?
Lyon being a twat I can understand but I am not sure that equates to the Saints being hated.
St Kilda hated? My word they're a cute little bunch down there. :tearsofjoy:

They've never been good enough to be even remotely close to hated. There's also bugger all of them to even register on the radar.

Just heard Montagna on Triple M creaming about the alleged coaching Panel as it includes Robert Harvey and Lenny Hayes.

I bet the competition is just shaking in their boots now.

p.s. I quite like Lenny
I've got no time for Lenny Hayes. I was at the game when he shirtfronted our Sean Rusling and took him out of the game with a broken collarbone IIRC. Never really recovered with shoulder problems and a promising career over. Absolutely hate Lenny Hayes for that and can never forgive him.

I've got no time for Lenny Hayes. I was at the game when he shirtfronted our Sean Rusling and took him out of the game with a broken collarbone IIRC. Never really recovered with shoulder problems and a promising career over. Absolutely hate Lenny Hayes for that and can never forgive him.
Shirtfronts were legal then and he didn't make contact with the head from memory.

Sean was made of glass unfortunately.

Play on.

Shirtfronts were legal then and he didn't make contact with the head from memory.

Play on.
To me it doesn't matter if it was 'legal' in the day. Dirty and cowardly is how I saw it then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Play on.
It wasn’t a shirtfront , Rusling trying to pick up the ball.
Lenny “bumped” his collar bone which broke it.

Really? Montagna is one of the worst in the media in my view.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It wasn’t a shirtfront , Rusling trying to pick up the ball.
Lenny “bumped” his collar bone which broke it.
Just had to add this from google coz i was curious about it.

shirt front
Learn to pronounce

noun
noun: shirtfront
  1. 1.
    the front part of a shirt.
    "he ended up with scalding tea down his shirt front"

2. 2.
    INFORMAL•AUSTRALIAN
    (in Australian Rules) an act of charging into an opponent's chest, typically so as to knock them to the ground.
    "the skipper was booked for a late shirtfront"
verb
INFORMAL•AUSTRALIAN
verb: shirtfront
  1. (in Australian Rules) charge into the chest of (an opponent), typically so as to knock them to the ground.
    "he shirtfronted a Collingwood player in front of the Ryder Stand at Victoria Park"

It was a fair bump. Stop sooking.
Not sooking. Just telling how i saw it. I was at the game. Were you? And how are you so sure he didnt get a head knock? It was a brutal and unnecessary shirtfront. Rusling had to be stretchered off the field.

Not sooking. Just telling how i saw it. I was at the game. Were you? And how are you so sure he didnt get a head knock? It was a brutal and unnecessary shirtfront. Rusling had to be stretchered off the field.
I was there and I was also there when he did his shoulder again against Freo.

All shirtfronts could be categorized as brutal and unnecessary but they were part of the game back then and legal.

You're the one making up the head knock with no evidence, why should I have to disprove it?

Look, I don't really care tbh. You can keep carrying on channeling jonbe as long as you like and I'll leave you in peace.

I was there and I was also there when he did his shoulder again against Freo.

All shirtfronts could be categorized as brutal and unnecessary but they were part of the game back then and legal.

You're the one making up the head knock with no evidence, why should I have to disprove it?

Look, I don't really care tbh. You can keep carrying on channeling jonbe as long as you like and I'll leave you in peace.
Another burner? :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back