Oppo Camp OTHER CLUB Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think 47 goals for the year and averaging over 4 marks a game puts him amongst the best key forwards in the game. That's kid or no kid. It doesn't need a qualifier. I shouldn't have added it in my initial post.

I think it's another debate whether key forwards are worth that money but that's how the industry prices them. I know you generally come from the view key forwards are overrated (at least thats the impression i've got from your posts) so I imagine you would be averse to that. Personally I think good ones are pretty important.

Yes, I do think KPFs are over-priced relative to contribution. But even amongst that group, I think that 900,00 for a bloke who has had one year where he converted really well to turn his 8 possessions a game into 47 goals, is crazy - particularly as I don't view him as a pack crasher yet like Dixon - who brings everything to ground. There's a lot of KPFs who have had 40+ goal seasons.

I watched about half a dozen of their games last year, where he went alright and popped up for a couple of goals, but can see why he didn't make the top 10 of their best and fairest.

Yes, I do think KPFs are over-priced relative to contribution. But even amongst that group, I think that 900,00 for a bloke who has had one year where he converted really well to turn his 8 possessions a game into 47 goals, is crazy - particularly as I don't view him as a pack crasher yet like Dixon - who brings everything to ground. There's a lot of KPFs who have had 40+ goal seasons.

I watched about half a dozen of their games last year, where he went alright and popped up for a couple of goals, but can see why he didn't make the top 10 of their best and fairest.

Over-priced. That's a better way to articulate it than over-rated. Yeah I think the price is a gamble but it's a good one. At least before the knee anyway, not sure what I think of that given probability of reoccurence. I think 47 goals by year 3 is really impressive. I don't think that will be a flash in the pan if he has a good injury run.

Over-priced. That's a better way to articulate it than over-rated. Yeah I think the price is a gamble but it's a good one. At least before the knee anyway, not sure what I think of that given probability of reoccurence. I think 47 goals by year 3 is really impressive. I don't think that will be a flash in the pan if he has a good injury run.
I think the goals will continue too. He's got the pace to get separation, clean hands and is a lovely kick. To me it's not about the goals as to whether he's worth that price - they'll come when he gets good service. To me, it's about whether or not he becomes a pack crasher on top of that, who splits packs and creates mayhem. That and his body holding up are what would make him worth that price, because he's not going to be Buddy with an elite ground level game. I just think that part is too speculative, even without the knee. And the body holding up and splitting packs are both interconnected, with the knee being a genuine issue.

OMG HOW DARE HE! THIS IS A HANGING OFFENCE! HE SHOULD BE SACKED FROM THE AFL IMMEDIATELY!

Well, if it wasn’t in public, then it may be completely inconsequential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s interesting how if you or I posted something like the Media have about Dusty then we could be charged but Media can do it with Impunity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back