Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread (2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird how teams go from polar opposites from one quarter to another.
Brisbane were woeful and beaten up by Carlton in that first. Then it all just reverses in the second like a switch was flicked.

Carlton’s pressure was A1 in the first and their efficiency was bordering elite.

Brisbane were the beneficiaries of a team who had a very tough game against the D’s last week. The Blues spent their tickets and fought it out to the end.

Brisbane won’t have that luxury against us next week. We can bring 2 quarters of the pressure the Blues displayed. That could be the difference.

We have a very tough final on our hands, make no mistake. I still believe we will get over the line, but will need to play amazing footy.

… and we should give Cripps a break, he went in there battered. My favorite non Collingwood player, so maybe I’m being bias…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlton’s pressure was A1 in the first and their efficiency was bordering elite.

Brisbane were the beneficiaries of a team who had a very tough game against the D’s last week. The Blues spent their tickets and fought it out to the end.

Brisbane won’t have that luxury against us next week. We can bring 2 quarters of the pressure the Blues displayed. That could be the difference.

We have a very tough final on our hands, make no mistake. I still believe we will get over the line, but will need to play amazing footy.

… and we should give Cripps a break, he went in there battered. My favorite non Collingwood player, so maybe I’m being bias…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beef w Cripps is when he’s hurt omfg does everyone know about. Every season, some pain barrier he’s pushing through.

Almost all the other great players play through without the fanfare.

No! You should flog them next week. And I hope you do.
‘The AFL gives Brisbane too much help.
Your team played like nothing was at stake... GWS played their heart out and it showed at the end.... Carlton looked like they gave up after the 3rd.

If Pies gave up against GWS when they trailed by 17 points in the 3rd in such a long scoring match, then I would also be very disappointed but preliminaries are never guaranteed and playing Grand Finals is very difficult let alone winning won...special teams get to have their dynasties sure must perfect align with talent and competition level.

rayners attack off the square at centre bounces was brutal when lions went on their 2nd quarter run ..... will need someone who can seriously muscle up to him

Yep, I think Bruz.

Markov first crack at Cameron.

IQ on Bailey?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quick,clean and composed. Started a lot of their chains. Need to make sure we don’t allow him that much time and space!

He had 6 possessions against Hawthorn at the MCG, let’s hope for a repeat.

“Curnow struggled in finals”

No he didn’t. It was finals. The umpires don’t pay as many free kicks.

Curnow had around 40 frees for the H&A season

Mihocek had just over 10

As soon as you took the umpires out of it in finals, they both ended up kicking about the same

Go figure

Mihocek had just over 10

As soon as you took the umpires out of it in finals, they both ended up kicking about the same

Go figure
I feel like his goalkicking (and field-kicking, tbh) going from really good to pretty mediocre is not due to umpiring though.

Mihocek had just over 10

Go figure

Free kicks? They wouldn’t even pay Mihocek his marks!

Let’s face it, the scum were never beating the Lions, regardless of the fast start. They Bradbury’d themselves to a prelim with both Sydney and Melbourne kicking themselves out of their wins respectively.

This result was inevitable. Hopefully next weeks outcome is in our favour.

Mihocek had just over 10

Go figure

Home and Away Charlie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back