Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread (2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep, I think Bruz.

Markov first crack at Cameron.

IQ on Bailey?
Couldn't think of a worse match up than Markov on Cameron, other than public toilets seats dissinfectant against crabs.

Two things I learned yesterday from the first quarter

1. Brisbane went to water against Carlton’s high intensity pressure
2. Carlton cooked themselves in applying that pressure and we’re toast by half time.

Fly is smarter than that. Collingwoods game style and fitness levels mean we can apply high pressure for longer …..and also capable of flicking the switch to go with on the offensive or defensive at will. We will not spend our petrol tickets like Carlton did by quarter time, but I do appreciate them giving us a window into the lions mental approach by making them look like fools for 25 minutes.

So glad Carlscum didn't win. Damn, that really would have spoilt the whole week having to be so close to so many Blues supporters .. GF parade, the match, etc. Not to mention the whole week having the media talking about fkng Carlscum.

Not enough injuries for me. I'm not normally one to wish that on the oppo. But this is a GF.
We would have destroyed them for the next 5 years with a 100 point flogging if they mate the GF.
Now, we'll need to settle with a 6 goal GF win.

Curnow has not enhanced his reputation with such a poor finals series, whilst McStay was a far superior performer. Shame he will miss the GF:(
Yeah I wouldn’t say far superior. McStay had 5 possessions! 4 marks from a key forward isnt great especially considering the money he’s on. The 2 goals, whilst valuable in the context of that game, don’t make up for his lack of contribution throughout the rest of the game. I mean if that was Travis Cloke’s contribution in 2010 he’d have been ripped to shreds in here.

Yeah I wouldn’t say far superior. McStay had 5 possessions! 4 marks from a key forward isnt great especially considering the money he’s on. The 2 goals, whilst valuable in the context of that game, don’t make up for his lack of contribution throughout the rest of the game. I mean if that was Travis Cloke’s contribution in 2010 he’d have been ripped to shreds in here.
Did Cloke not perform similarly in 2010?

He would’ve had another mark if Checkers didn’t knock it out of his hands.
Could have had 4 goals in the 1st quarter.
Undervalued by too many imo.

Did Cloke not perform similarly in 2010?
The point is if he did he wouldn’t have been lauded for it. He would have been rightfully crucified. There’s just no objectivity when it comes to judging McStay. I find it bizarre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The point is if he did he wouldn’t have been lauded for it. He would have been rightfully crucified. There’s just no objectivity when it comes to judging McStay. I find it bizarre.
What is this 'objectivity' you refer to? He's been good for contested marks and 2 goals a game since he came back. I'm confused about your whinging

What is this 'objectivity' you refer to? He's been good for contested marks and 2 goals a game since he came back. I'm confused about your whinging
The same sort of objectivity that would see my comment for what it is - a critical opinion instead of “whinging”. Curnow, who “could’ve“ kicked 2 goals is getting rightfully criticised for a game in which he contributed as much as McStay did in the prelim.

The same sort of objectivity that would see my comment for what it is - a critical opinion instead of “whinging”. Curnow, who “could’ve“ kicked 2 goals is getting rightfully criticised for a game in which he contributed as much as McStay did in the prelim.
That is not objectivity, that is just a difference of expectation. Nobody expected much more from McStay, given he has not won multiple Coleman's nor has he been heralded as some sort of reincarnation of Buddy Franklin. Curnow, on the other hand, has

Contested marks and goals are worth gold in big finals, big Dan providing that, against a pretty good defender, means that’s several times the ball doesn’t rebound and start their attack but resets to a 50/50 contest again. We don’t need Dan to be the Coleman medal winner, we need him to win his battle so others can do their.
Invaluable. Sadly missed for Saturday as well.

Have you paid ANY attention to our game plan?

Like, at all?

If we secure a 30 point lead inside quarter time, Craig McRae will parlay it into a constricting victory.

It's what he does.

PM in-game if we kick the first 5 goals and you can name your odds and stake mate

do you know our grand final history at all, if there is a new way lose, we seem to find a way

Two things I learned yesterday from the first quarter

1. Brisbane went to water against Carlton’s high intensity pressure
2. Carlton cooked themselves in applying that pressure and we’re toast by half time.

Fly is smarter than that. Collingwoods game style and fitness levels mean we can apply high pressure for longer …..and also capable of flicking the switch to go with on the offensive or defensive at will. We will not spend our petrol tickets like Carlton did by quarter time, but I do appreciate them giving us a window into the lions mental approach by making them look like fools for 25 minutes.

I thought Brisbane were really impressive the way they were able to change from their kicking game when it wasn't working and switch to forward handballs to cut the Blues up. They were a bit wasteful up forward, but that was an absolute shellacking after quarter time. Jordy is going to have his work cut out on Dunkley.

I thought Brisbane were really impressive the way they were able to change from their kicking game when it wasn't working and switch to forward handballs to cut the Blues up. They were a bit wasteful up forward, but that was an absolute shellacking after quarter time. Jordy is going to have his work cut out on Dunkley.
This is going to be one hell of a battle if we are to win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back