Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread (2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Brisbane were really impressive the way they were able to change from their kicking game when it wasn't working and switch to forward handballs to cut the Blues up. They were a bit wasteful up forward, but that was an absolute shellacking after quarter time. Jordy is going to have his work cut out on Dunkley.

They were always going to settle but it wasn’t just their kicking game plan that wasn’t working. They were panicking under pressure. Something we’ve seen before with the lions…. Maybe not a weakness as they are a quality side but definitely a small chink in their armour.

The point is if he did he wouldn’t have been lauded for it. He would have been rightfully crucified. There’s just no objectivity when it comes to judging McStay. I find it bizarre.
I think the best way to look at mcstay is the $ he’s on. He’s not paid to be an elite KPF. Handy addition. Will be missed. Structurally important

The same sort of objectivity that would see my comment for what it is - a critical opinion instead of “whinging”. Curnow, who “could’ve“ kicked 2 goals is getting rightfully criticised for a game in which he contributed as much as McStay did in the prelim.
Curnow is supposed to be a superstar that Carlton relies on. He kicked half the goals that McStay kicked in 3 quarters. Curnow ‘could’ve’ kicked 2 goals as you say. But going by that logic, McStay ‘could’ve’ kicked 4 goals.
Curnow has kicked 3 goals over 12 quarters. McStay 4 goals over 7. That’s 2 goals in games in which we have kicked 9 and 8 goals, with much fewer inside 50s.
No-one is saying McStay is a star. He is a workhorse who is contesting.

20 years of picks 1-10
So proud of the Blues - they made it to a prelim. How did they do it?
The AFL couldn't handle the embarrassment of Collingwood being the only big4 club in contention again so they sent out a mid-season memo that Curnow must be awarded a free kick every time he goes within 5M of the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton’s only goals coming from Curnow and McKay with 1 a piece. I’m shocked. Will forever be their weakness. They are totally screwed if Curnow ever has knee issues again

It’s taken all of my strength not to reply to this on the Carlton board

“Is there a footballer in the league, looked after more than Max Gawn?”

But I can think of one 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back