Norm Smith Medallist
- Apr 12, 2007
- AFL Club
- Port Adelaide
I think it's about time we start this thread. Anything sports related on the Gold Coast outside of the AFL should go here. Let's try and keep it clean and not abuse other sports. I'll start with a few things:
- On Friday, superstar Daly Cherry-Evans signed a four year deal with the Gold Coast Titans.
- On Saturday, the Gold Coast Titans lost a heart breaker 19-18 in round 1 against the Wests Tigers at Robina.
- On Saturday, Gold Coaster James O'Connor had a stinker for the Queensland Reds rugby union team as they were thrashed by the NSW Waratahs.
- On Sunday, Gold Coaster Bernard Tomic sent the Australian Davis Cup team through to the quarterfinals for the first time since 2006 with two straight sets victories over the Czech Republic.
- On Sunday, Gold Coaster Adam Scott finished 3rd in the World Golf Championships.
- Over the weekend, the Quiksilver Pro surfing event has been delayed several times.
- Today, the Gold Coast Sevens Rugby event has officially been moved from Robina to Sydney.