kid_a

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, East Freo, Glory
Presuming most on here would support the Wallabies, and Im guessing theres a few All Blacks fans also.

Does anyone have any other national teams they back, either parallel with supporting the Wallabies or maybe even more so than the Wallabies.

Personally I support Wales the most, just because I guess I love the culture of Rugby there and what it means to the country. Have been to a few games at the Millennium stadium and its just great. Have always found it hard to engage with the Wallabies as much as they really do by in large represent the upper class of Australian sporting society.
That being said Id back them against the other big rugby countries obviously.

A soft spot for France also as my ex was from the South of France where rugby is huge and followed it quite a lot.

And like anyone who enjoys rugby its nice to see all the Pacific Island nations go well.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Don't support them but New Zealand home games I often end up watching. They're on at a decent time which nearly all the European countries won't do. And they have a better standard of play and way better atmosphere than the half-empty Wallabies games. The double header weekends where New Zealand has a game at 5.35pm AEST and Australia at 8pm AEST are a contrast.

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
They're on at a decent time which nearly all the European countries won't do.

Sorry it's not that Six Nation teams won't hold their games at a decent time, the timezone they are in doesn't allow for it. You can't expect European nations to start matches at 8.30am local time to suit two of the smallest TV markets from the Tier 1 nations.

Scottish girlfriend who is crazy about the rugby, she’s got me into rugby the last few years. Supported Scotland just as much if not more than the wallabies during the World Cup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back