Other 'North Melbournes'?

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m pretty sure we’ve had some success so inserting a s**t, never won a ******* thing team in here is not going to cut it.

So the Jazz, Nets and Wolves can all piss off.

4 flags in 90yrs isn't exactly a roaring success. Nets won ABA championships.
The Jazz haven't won but for a small market team have had successful periods.

I’m pretty sure we’ve had some success so inserting a s**t, never won a ******* thing team in here is not going to cut it.

So the Jazz, Nets and Wolves can all piss off.
If we are going by timeline of success, we are the Chicago bulls. Had great success in the 90's, one of the greatest players of all time (jordan/carey), however unfortunately have only shown glimpses of being a threat in recent years (Chicago with MVP Rose, Norths prelims). Also both teams are currently right at the start of their rebuilds, with some underrated young talent (markannen/Valentine vs simpkin/pruess)

I dont know much about NFL but i always thought Greenbay was a good comparison.

I've always compared Greenbay to Geelong.

You've got to remember that a league the size of the NFL with all the pull from cities all over the place to have franchises move there, one of the leagues most celebrated clubs comes from Greenbay, Wisconsin, population 100,000. The 272nd biggest city in the US.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't follow the NBA but didn't they have a period in the 80s/90s similar to that of our 90s also with one of the games greatest players and then very little since.

The Glasgow comparison is absurd but the Boston one doesn't sound too far off the mark.

I don't follow the NBA but didn't they have a period in the 80s/90s similar to that of our 90s also with one of the games greatest players and then very little since.

We had Duck and they had Bird, so there is an Ornithological connection yes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back