Opinion Other then your team who has the best song?

Who has the best team song?

• Adelaide

• Brisbane

• Carlton

• Collingwood

• Essendon

• Fremantle

• Geelong

• Gold Coast Suns

• GWS Giants

• Hawthorn

• Melbourne

• North Melbourne

• Port Adelaide

• Richmond

• St Kilda

• Sydney

• West Coast

• Bulldogs

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton. It's a little bit different.

The other club songs are more about the 'Moment of triumph' - we did it! Let's celebrate now!

Carlton's is more controlled - best sung an hour or two after the game while enjoying your 3rd beer. I've heard it sung in the members bar just like that, and it's bloody great. You almost can't help but join in.

I wouldn't vote for ours anyway, but it is original, unlike most club songs which just took the tune of old songs. Still I can't disassociate it with positive feelings so still love it - not the new version though. But yeah I guess Richmond's would be my favourite overall.

Richmond and Carlton

Best player song: Charlie cameron, country road

I'm curious, why do you say this?

While all teams' songs are derivative of other songs, Sydney is the only club (AFAIK) where their song is based on an existing sports song (Notre Dame's fight song).

While all teams' songs are derivative of other songs, Sydney is the only club (AFAIK) where their song is based on an existing sports song (Notre Dame's fight song).
Nah, several of them are. Adelaide, Brisbane (admittedly truncated), St Kilda... and Collingwood's is "Goodbye Dolly Gray Forever", from the US/Spanish War. (I heard it in the soundtrack to Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and nearly fell off my chair.)

Gotta making voting visible my dude.

Anyway:

Top three (non-MFC): GWS, Sydney, Richmond
Bottom three: St Kilda, North, Hawthorn

Special mention to West Coast. The tune is kind of a bop, but it's pretty jarring as a football club song. Still, prefer it to the bottom three.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I hate to say it I like Richmond's song. I also quite like GWS's

Still remember this youtube video from when the song was first released

I still remember the big footy thread where someone put the GWS song to Borat Dancing

sacha baron cohen party hard GIF

Richmond or Sydney for me, Richmond mostly for the “yellow and black” crowd part, can be pretty impressive with a big crowd.

West coasts and Gold Coast are my least favourites.

GWS theme is supposed to be an original composition by one of the Cat Empire. I heard some old music on a doco a while back, however, which I reckon the GWS riff was borrowed from.

Idk - American's treat war as sport, so you can say Adelaide's is based on a sport song.

Fitzroy's by a mile. Far, far better rendition of the song than the Brisbane version. It's like a fun, energetic version of a great anthem, and the lyrics are clever. The story about them getting the idea from the movie Casablanca is a fun wrinkle too.

Easily the best of all the fable singers' renditions, it ******* sucks that we don't really get to hear it anymore.

Back