Other Ways To Watch AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

aahhh.... you give money to Kayo you're giving it to the previously mentioned Mr Murdoch. And how long do you think it will be before Kayo introduces select pay-for-view ??
I don't give money to Kayo.

I tend to agree. But my love of watching the Pies triumphs over any distaste I have about giving coin to that despot Murdoch. Missing the footy is outrageous to me. Streams have become so unreliable I can't hope they work because half the time they fail. If I go to the pub they're just showing Fox so i'm psuedo supporting Murdoch anyway, except my wallet ends up lighter and i'm likely to be in no good state when I wander back home. This is the best of a bad option to me.

My ideal would be to stream through AFL Live Pass full size on my TV. If I could access that through say a club membership that would be awesome. I'd be able to access all games stress free which is important as an interstate supporter who doesn't know where they will be watching the game from week to week. And in doing so would be supporting my club. That would be more valuable to me in a membership than 3 home games a season that I likely cant make. I wonder if that could ever be negotiated? I'd love for the club to advocate for this for it's interstate supporters.
I can watch the Pies triumph on someone else's TV if the game is not on FTA, I can even stream for free illegally if I want, which I have and no apologies either.
That is not the point though.
A key part of the deal struck which allowed pay tv the rights to charge for otherwise free sport in this country was that the games they got to telecast where those not on FTA.
Not the prime games the dregs even the FTA channels were not showing.
Anyone wants to tell me that a Brisbane Freo game is going to out-rate any Collingwood against anyone anywhere, good luck. These ciunts think they can just bullshit their way into out wallets. * them.

I prefer to go to the game.
If only I had the MCG an hour and a tram ride away.
I attend 3-4 games a year. Memberships costs me close to a grand every year, which admittedly gets me a seat every match, if I can get to Melbourne.
Last years ANZAC Day game cost me over $4,000 in tickets, (raped by Ticketeks' in house scalping site they sell half their tickets to, and the Airline because it's ANZAC Weekend) because the family wanted to go and my new potential son in law who had never been to an AFL game.

AND>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> We *in lost.

Angst, angstee angst master............:mad::mad::mad::mad:

If only I had the MCG an hour and a tram ride away.
I attend 3-4 games a year. Memberships costs me close to a grand every year, which admittedly gets me a seat every match, if I can get to Melbourne.
Last years ANZAC Day game cost me over $4,000 in tickets, (raped by Ticketeks' in house scalping site they sell half their tickets to, and the Airline because it's ANZAC Weekend) because the family wanted to go and my new potential son in law who had never been to an AFL game.
Man that sucks. Going to the footy is just about my favourite thing, other than smashing beers.

Man that sucks. Going to the footy is just about my favourite thing, other than smashing beers.
Beers....I smash with reckless abandon.
Scotch?....I take my time devouring that that particular beasty.

Beers....I smash with reckless abandon.
Scotch?....I take my time devouring that that particular beasty.
My wife bought me an Australian Whisky advent calendar. I get a different 30ml dram of scotch every day.

Pretty sweet.

If you have foxtel and have done for years just ring them up and tell you you are leaving as you only watch sports. They will offer you a reduced price for a 6 month period then do it again. I only watch sports on foxtel. I pay $25 a month and have done for a couple of years now.

Note i only have the bare basics. No hd but im ok with that.

Kayo is actually getting better as the weeks go on, first you could only watch on a PC or Chromecast and it didn't even have an app. Now it has and Android and OS app and is available on Telstra box and they are working to get the app for PS4 and Xbox up and running by the new year. Hopefully by time footy starts I can download the app on my Samsung smart tv. It's great value if you have a good internet plan and can split the cost with a mate or family member. Splitting it will cost $12.50....dirt cheap and plus it was only a matter of time for Foxtel to go digital to keep up with Optus as there were rumours that Optus were looking to bid on the AFL rights when the contract was up so they had to try something new. Wouldn't surprise me if they get the EPL rights back off Optus on the next bid.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you have foxtel and have done for years just ring them up and tell you you are leaving as you only watch sports. They will offer you a reduced price for a 6 month period then do it again. I only watch sports on foxtel. I pay $25 a month and have done for a couple of years now.

Note i only have the bare basics. No hd but im ok with that.

You gotta have HD!!

Never done it myself but some people have mentioned over the years that if you open a Crown bet account deposit a token amount (say $10) then you can watch any game live through that without being forced to bet.

Not sure if that's still the same or whether the stream supports tv viewing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back