Toast Otten and CEY sign one year contract extensions

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

The two depth players I wanted to keep. I guess that means Cheney, Kelly* and Sig are all delisted, or about to be.

*It wouldn't have been the first time we've played someone for a lot of games and delisted them that off season.

The two depth players I wanted to keep. I guess that means Cheney, Kelly* and Sig are all delisted, or about to be.

*It wouldn't have been the first time we've played someone for a lot of games and delisted them that off season.

Kelly is contracted

This is probably an indication of how many picks we expect to use this year. Especially since we've already added McAdam.

In any event, CEY is a no-brainer. We played alright this year after an injury. Would be silly to carry him through all that and then delist him now to use a fifth round pick or whatever.

As for Otten, well, as long as we're not planning to keep all of our depth utility players...

This.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cheney can count himself unlucky but Sig and Kelly have had ample opportunity.
Sig just wasn't up to it. A few good games a year in the Snafflr doesn't cut it.
Kelly, used to be a massive fan but was screaming trade or delist after attending my last game in Adelaide vs GWS.
Just not a smart footballer, lacks vision and forward thinking. Pretty vital traits to have if you're going to be an AFL footballer.

This is probably an indication of how many picks we expect to use this year. Especially since we've already added McAdam.

In any event, CEY is a no-brainer. We played alright this year after an injury. Would be silly to carry him through all that and then delist him now to use a fifth round pick or whatever.

As for Otten, well, as long as we're not planning to keep all of our depth utility players...

Tend to indicate that picks 16/21 are surplus and we're doing our best to further upgrade.

Yep.

Out: Hampton, Gibson, Dear, McGovern, Signorello (?), Cheney (?)
In: McAdam, Stengle (?), Pick 8, Pick 13, Pick 16, Pick 21

Rookie list:

Out: Jarman, Edwards, Hunter (?)
In: 3 Rookie Picks

I think we are setting ourselves up for problems at the end of 2019. Like I said in another thread this time next year I think Betts, Jacobs and Douglas would have all retired. Add Otten in now and we have four gone before we even get to trades and under performing players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we are setting ourselves up for problems at the end of 2019. Like I said in another thread this time next year I think Betts, Jacobs and Douglas would have all retired. Add Otten in now and we have four gone before we even get to trades and under performing players.

Not necessarily. We may just not delist heavily in 2019. I don't think we have any standout options currently for it outside of Kelly.

Cheney can count himself unlucky but Sig and Kelly have had ample opportunity.
Sig just wasn't up to it. A few good games a year in the Snafflr doesn't cut it.
Kelly, used to be a massive fan but was screaming trade or delist after attending my last game in Adelaide vs GWS.
Just not a smart footballer, lacks vision and forward thinking. Pretty vital traits to have if you're going to be an AFL footballer.
Bit tough on a contracted player..Kelly had a good season and with another preseason will be better. On one game you say he was screaming to be delisted!!

CEY is on the rookie list, so delisting him doesn't give us an extra pick in the ND.

surely someone would sign cheney if we delist him, he's to good to not have playing, wonder if he might get traded?
If so, I'd probably want to trade him for a 2019 pick? It doesn't look like we really need another 2018 pick at the level we'd get for Cheney.

That said, I'd keep him. I'm a bit of a fan.

It is what it is. I don't see that going deeper into this year's draft, at - what, pick 40+? is going to make a difference to what may happen next year with those players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back