Toast Otten and Poholke sign contract extensions

Remove this Banner Ad

536189-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

http://www.afc.com.au/sites/AdelaideCrows/news/2017-09-23/otten-signs-on

Otten signed to the end of 2018 (one-year extension)

Poholke signed to the end of 2020 (two-year extension)

Interesting that Poholke - a pick 44 - has signed on for two extra years despite not playing a game in his first year. The club must rate him highly - as they should IMO, had him in my top 25 last year for a reason. Good on ya, Myles!

Good to see Otten get extended, too
And more importantly Myles must rate the club and our culture.

Interesting that Poholke - a pick 44 - has signed on for two extra years despite not playing a game in his first year. The club must rate him highly - as they should IMO, had him in my top 25 last year for a reason. Good on ya, Myles!

Smart move to sign up promising interstate players on lowish contracts.

He'll either make it in the next three years or he won't and be delisted at the end of it all. But in that time he'll be playing for near base wage even if he becomes a star.

I think it's also important to secure some young developing inside depth for 2020. By that time, Douglas will be finished and Sloane will be just about done

Myles was desperate to be drafted by us, and his family were so happy with it as well. Also, him a Galucci are very close, so I bet there will be an extension from the Gooch as well at some stage.

Smart move to sign up promising interstate players on lowish contracts.

He'll either make it in the next three years or he won't and be delisted at the end of it all. But in that time he'll be playing for near base wage even if he becomes a star.

I think it's also important to secure some young developing inside depth for 2020. By that time, Douglas will be finished and Sloane will be just about done
Interesting that the club didn't see it the same way with Wigg, but obviously the club has it's reasons (which have been mentioned on here a bit in the past).

IMO Myles will be very good for us in the future, more than depth. Certainly showed enough to me this year, would have made his debut if not for us contending

Hopefully Jordan thinks the same! I reckon he will, considering the two are close
I have absolutely no doubt, couldn't help but notice Polks, Gooch, Sig and Berg in the roomsafter the game soaking it all in.

Also noticed young Jackson Edwards in the inner sanctum talking to Sauce, Lleyton and Cruze Hewitt.....He's a Crow methinks

We did this with McGovern - a third round pick we gave a contract extension quite early without playing a game... seems the club rate him quite highly :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does this mean Cheney will be delisted ? Is Otten just cover for defence with both Keith and Doedee likely in from of him ?

I have absolutely no doubt, couldn't help but notice Polks, Gooch, Sig and Berg in the roomsafter the game soaking it all in.

Also noticed young Jackson Edwards in the inner sanctum talking to Sauce, Lleyton and Cruze Hewitt.....He's a Crow methinks
Don't forget young Ben Davis and Jars

Feel like this group of draftees is very, very close, from what I can tell

Myles was desperate to be drafted by us, and his family were so happy with it as well. Also, him a Galucci are very close, so I bet there will be an extension from the Gooch as well at some stage.
Didn't know that, The Gooch's family said the same after the draft

He didn't get a game but from what I remember he was on the emergency list a few times, which for a first year player at our club is a very good sign.

His little brother Luke too.
Looks bigger

Didn't know that, The Gooch's family said the same after the draft

Watch the video of Myles being drafted and his Mum asking to find out who too, then when she is told Adelaide she does this pleased cover of her mouth reaction, then gets away from the madness. ;) There was quotes from the family in one of his drafted articles as well, from memory, plus some stuff I have heard from within the club along the same lines. Really telling is his mates going, here it comes, here it comes because they knew it was Adelaide's pick.

Watch the video of Myles being drafted and his Mum asking to find out who too, then when she is told Adelaide she does this pleased cover of her mouth reaction, then gets away from the madness. ;) There was quotes from the family in one of his drafted articles as well, from memory, plus some stuff I have heard from within the club along the same lines. Really telling is his mates going, here it comes, here it comes because they knew it was Adelaide's pick.

Apparently the Himmelbergs were really happy with Elliot coming here too after how much they'd been impressed by the club while we were after Harrison.

I could definitely see Poholke developing into a Thommo clone. I'm sure they'll be working together closely next year once Thommo becomes a coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back