jc67

Club Legend
Oct 22, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Crows
Ottens will be signing a new contract with Richmond!
One of Wallace's demands.
Richmond will make a play for Judd BIG TIME.
IMO If that fails I think McLeod could also be in their sights.

Yawn.

So we should go for Dean Cox. Always my preferred option.

Originally posted by jc67
Ottens will be signing a new contract with Richmond!
One of Wallace's demands.
Richmond will make a play for Judd BIG TIME.
IMO If that fails I think McLeod could also be in their sights.

Judd isnt leaving yet, well not this season

if the crows want him, they should offer him $500,000 a season for 4 years......screw richmond and make them up there anti

If they want Mcleod, 2 top ten picks will be just for starters.

Re: Re: Ottens stays

Originally posted by crows98
if the crows want him, they should offer him $500,000 a season for 4 years......screw richmond and make them up there anti

Did you know that you actually have to offer something worthwhile in a trade?

If they want Mcleod, 2 top ten picks will be just for starters.

How ironic coming from "crows98". You'd be lucky to get one, straight-up. Other than that, it would be a pretty handy player and a later pick.

Re: Re: Re: Ottens stays

Originally posted by Bresh

If Ottens is determined to go back to Adelaide, there will be more pressure on Richmond to work a deal or they'll lose him for nothing. Pressure tactics.

How ironic coming from "crows98". You'd be lucky to get one, straight-up. Other than that, it would be a pretty handy player and a later pick.

Yeh, whatever. If Carey can go for picks 4 and 20 at age 32, McLeod can easily go for two first rounders you stupid fool. Adelaide may have overpaid for Carey, but a player with the reputation of McLeod demands a high price.

I mean listen to you, parroting Ottens' value when he's produced even less than McLeod.

Ottens was always going to stay and as far as McLeod goes you would get a top 10 pick for him not more than that.

Some team would be willing to give you that. Whether they are a contender or a club that needs a marketing face

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ottens stays

Originally posted by spindoctor
Yeh, whatever. If Carey can go for picks 4 and 20 at age 32, McLeod can easily go for two first rounders you stupid fool. Adelaide may have overpaid for Carey, but a player with the reputation of McLeod demands a high price.

There is a significant difference between, picks 4 and 20 and than stated "2 top ten picks"... If you value Andrew McLeod at 2 top 10 picks, he's a Crow for life. Congratulations.

I mean listen to you, parroting Ottens' value when he's produced even less than McLeod.

Good work putting words in my mouth. I was simply refuting the idea that you could simply throw a contract at him and he's all yours. Nevertheless, past production has nothing to do with it... you're always trading for future production.

Are you sure about this jc67? We havnet even gotten wallace yet. Would love to get judd. Whats ur source

Yes but the player's past has a lot to do with it.

Johnstone has stunning skills but you're hardly going to trade him for anywhere near as much as McLeod are you?

Their past is EVERYTHING when it comes to the trade, because you have no idea what they're going to prouce in the future.

For pete's sake... :rolleyes:

Yes but the player's past has a lot to do with it.

Johnstone has stunning skills but you're hardly going to trade him for anywhere near as much as McLeod are you?

Their past is EVERYTHING when it comes to the trade, because you have no idea what they're going to prouce in the future.

For pete's sake... :rolleyes:

So do you think potential suitors would disregard his last two seasons and pay for the McLeod of 2-3 years ago... not to mention the fact they'd have to gut their team to gain a second top ten pick?

Do you think that Michael Voss would command a higher trade price than Chris Judd?

Re: Re: Re: Ottens stays

We sign him for $500,000 a year; if Richmond doesn’t trade him he goes into the pre season draft with that price tag on him head. He should become a great player with a club that can offer stability.

With McLeod what are we going to ask for eggs and milk, if he want to go and says l want to be traded to Richmond then the AFC has to play hardball, you want him, you give us what we want

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ottens stays

With McLeod what are we going to ask for eggs and milk, if he want to go and says l want to be traded to Richmond then the AFC has to play hardball, you want him, you give us what we want

No club will ever give two top ten picks for Andrew McLeod 2004. If that is the asking price that you set, Richmond will take their chances on the draft.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ottens stays

No club will ever give two top ten picks for Andrew McLeod 2004. If that is the asking price that you set, Richmond will take their chances on the draft.

he still has another 2 year to run on his current contract

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by wrennyboy
Are you sure about this jc67? We havnet even gotten wallace yet. Would love to get judd. Whats ur source
Certain, Wallace has a bit to do before he signs off on his appointment, All relating to the list and future players.
I wont give my source, but if you check some of my previous forecasts you will see they are usually pretty good,(Except a couple of obvious trolls when I have been drinking)

Wallace is a snake and I am very very glad that he is out of it for us. I just hope that he is not contacted by anyone who will clue him in about Adelaide’s true public opinion or it all could be ruined….. macca23 who was that call from?

Originally posted by jc67

Wallace is a snake and I am very very glad that he is out of it for us. I just hope that he is not contacted by anyone who will clue him in about Adelaide’s true public opinion or it all could be ruined….. macca23 who was that call from?

Can't say, but rest assured that Wallace is out of the equation - that's if he really ever saw himself in there.

So do you think potential suitors would disregard his last two seasons and pay for the McLeod of 2-3 years ago... not to mention the fact they'd have to gut their team to gain a second top ten pick?

Do you think that Michael Voss would command a higher trade price than Chris Judd?

So you think suitors will disregard Ottens' last two seasons?

And yes, Voss would command a higher price. He is one of the greatest players in the history of the game, a true leader of men, can inspire a team by just being on the field and embodies everything good about football. If for some ridiculous reason Brisbane were willing to let him go, he would gain a higher price than Judd - but not for rebuilding teams obviously. It depends what the target market is. The target market for Voss would be finals teams close to the 'premiership hour'.

And yes, Voss would command a higher price. He is one of the greatest players in the history of the game, a true leader of men, can inspire a team by just being on the field and embodies everything good about football. If for some ridiculous reason Brisbane were willing to let him go, he would gain a higher price than Judd - but not for rebuilding teams obviously. It depends what the target market is. The target market for Voss would be finals teams close to the 'premiership hour'.

Ah dear. You are beyond help. Thankfully the likes of Stiffy and dyertribe actually are within the realm of sanity... Comparing this to our earlier situation, why would a rebuilidng team therefore pay over the moon for Andrew McLeod?

You're a class idiot who knows nothing about football if you think Voss wouldn't command a huge price!

Have you seen him play this year? He's barely got a ****ing knee and he's still playing beautifully...he's courage and leadership personified.

You're a class idiot who knows nothing about football if you think Voss wouldn't command a huge price!

Do you think Richmond, continuing as an example, would prefer to give Brad Ottens and their first-round pick for 2 years of Michael Voss or 12 of Chris Judd?

Ah dear. You are beyond help. Thankfully the likes of Stiffy and dyertribe actually are within the realm of sanity... Comparing this to our earlier situation, why would a rebuilidng team therefore pay over the moon for Andrew McLeod?

Have you seen him play this year? He's barely got a ****ing knee and he's still playing beautifully...he's courage and leadership personified.
This has clearly gone through th ekeepers hands and into the net.

Why do we want to trade him anyway?

Why do we want to trade him anyway?

Hey, I didn't start the thread. As far as trading him goes, it won't happen... the sentimentality evidently attached to him forces his price way higher than any AFL club would be willing to even consider.

Do you think Richmond, continuing as an example, would prefer to give Brad Ottens and their first-round pick for 2 years of Michael Voss or 12 of Chris Judd?

Nice to see you don't read my posts, dimwit. What I clearly said was, more would be paid for Voss, but only by a team that is not rebuilding - he would a perfect fit for one close to a premiership.

Melbourne, Geelong, Port, would all pay high prices to get Voss. Essendon probably even more.

Nice to see you don't read my posts, dimwit. What I clearly said was, more would be paid for Voss, but only by a team that is not rebuilding - he would a perfect fit for one close to a premiership.

Melbourne, Geelong, Port, would all pay high prices to get Voss. Essendon probably even more.

Yes, a pretty bad example - the idea being to equate McLeod:Ottens to Voss:Judd in a past production versus upside debate. Obviously Voss is still producing at a fairly insane level, would you argue Andrew McLeod is? How about Kane Cornes versus Gavin Wanganeen... Ben Hart versus Graham Johnock... whatever you can imagine...

Still, an offer of two top ten picks is coming from a rebuilding team. Do you think believe that a rebuilding team would take a, what is he... 27 year old Andrew McLeod? The Carey example is clearly not relevant, as you guys were trying to shore up a contender - a move I thought pretty reasonable at the time. The fact of the matter is, no AFL club will drum up 2 top ten picks for Andrew McLeod.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back