News Our 1st Draft pick: Jayden Pitt

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul haselby said this on 6P arrgh before the eagles kangaroos game a couple of weeks ago

"I know for a fact, that the fremantle coaching staff said to the recruiters that if the player doesnt have elite skills and the ability to run, then we dont want to see them"

i think we are now seeing the benefit of this recruitment strategy. Hill, Suban, Fyfe, Pitt, Morabito..... are all elite with their ability to run and dispose of the ball, they are all hard at it too which is a real bonus.... the game today is such that defensive turn overs hurt more than ever, you simply need the skill and running capacity on top of discipline to win afl matches. just look at our favourite whipping boy the eagles, they cant kick or make the right decisions under pressure so everyone they play runs down the field and kicks goals. its the way of the world now.... i really think our strategy will reap us great rewards in the next couple of years.... pitt is certainly a part of that :thumbsu:

Very impressive today. Finds time and space, never seems to panic or be rushed. Good, neat kicking technique left and right. Hopefully he'll get a home game next week so that we can see him in the flesh, so to speak.

Paul haselby said this on 6P arrgh before the eagles kangaroos game a couple of weeks ago

"I know for a fact, that the fremantle coaching staff said to the recruiters that if the player doesnt have elite skills and the ability to run, then we dont want to see them"

i think we are now seeing the benefit of this recruitment strategy. Hill, Suban, Fyfe, Pitt, Morabito..... are all elite with their ability to run and dispose of the ball, they are all hard at it too which is a real bonus.... the game today is such that defensive turn overs hurt more than ever, you simply need the skill and running capacity on top of discipline to win afl matches. just look at our favourite whipping boy the eagles, they cant kick or make the right decisions under pressure so everyone they play runs down the field and kicks goals. its the way of the world now.... i really think our strategy will reap us great rewards in the next couple of years.... pitt is certainly a part of that :thumbsu:

Paul Roos said similar on OTC last Monday. They were talking about North Melbourne and Roos said Sydney overlooked Ziebell and Cunnington because they weren't great runners as juniors.

He was quick to say that they could well develop into good runners at senior level, but they nevertheless passed on them.

Just goes to show how much detail goes into recruiting these days. And it's great to see Freo is doing well in this regard.

Sydney never had a chance to overlook Ziebell/Cunnington because they had later picks.

However, it was a fair point - they've done well with Rohan. He was crucial for them last night. Jetta to a lesser extent as well.

Sydney never had a chance to overlook Ziebell/Cunnington because they had later picks.

However, it was a fair point - they've done well with Rohan. He was crucial for them last night. Jetta to a lesser extent as well.

Rohan was a perfect sub I thought. Impact player and quick at the best of times, really dominated after fatigue had kicked in for the starting players

i think we are now seeing the benefit of this recruitment strategy.

Yeah for sure, but I am glad they also picked up Lower, MacPhee, Bradley, de Boer etc as well.

Yeah for sure, but I am glad they also picked up Lower, MacPhee, Bradley, de Boer etc as well.

oh yeah, they are all good pickups.. i think hase was more referring to your early draft picks and the like. picking up ex-players and rookies i think is another science all together. Im really glad to see the impact that these recycled players and rookies are able to have on our side, not only does it speak loudly about or development system and game plan, but i also think taking a certain amount of these players (as long as they are the right fit for us of course) helps breed a sense of debt and loyalty from those guys. good position we are putting ourselves in :thumbsu:

Ah, fair enough. Might need to clean my ears out!!

Its amazing how quick things change. I went out on a limb in May and picked Parker as a target for our first pick and the response from a few close draft watchers on BF was that I was dreaming and he's a lock for top 10.

Thats because the so called 'watchers' are crap.

Well done on predicting back then, Parker was worthy of top 10 pick. Sydney got a bargain for him.

Eagles did well. Gaff, darling and lycett!! I am a little jealous.
Parker went at 40. I hope faulkes is worth it. Would have loved to get Parker

What a spud Faulkes turned out to be, Parker :/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back