Prediction Our 2018 ladder finish (North fans only)

Our 2018 ladder finish (North fans only)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I just want to finish on top of Carlton next year, all the the talk of the exciting list they are building would be sweet to see them go nowhere again.

17th. Gold Coast will be lucky to win 2 games. From what I've seen over the off season I don't think our boys give a s**t about success or not. Just come across as a bunch of blokes that are happy to be on an AFL list getting paid very very good money. With no boomer around to bring them down to earth I guarantee your Garners and McDonalds of the world would be taking the piss. Too busy snapping themselves in Europe and more worried about rooting a different bird every night. None of them deserve any holiday at all after what they dished up last year. Time to draft some kids that genuinely give a s**t and that want to get there hands dirty and sacrifice. Massive leadership problem at the club. Jack needs to assert his authority and raise the bar now. He needs to take his game to another level and get the boys playing with spirit on a consistent basis not just when they feel like it. Seeing Jy Simpkin ride cammels does not excite me. Seeing Jy Simpkin in the gym in October does.

Last edited:
17th. Gold Coast will be lucky to win 2 games. From what I've seen over the off season I don't think our boys give a s**t about success or not. Just come across as a bunch of blokes that are happy to be on an AFL list getting paid very very good money. With no boomer around to bring them down to earth I guarantee your Garners and McDonalds of the world would be taking the piss. Too busy snapping themselves in Europe and more worried about rooting a different bird every night. None of them deserve any holiday at all after what they dished up last year. Time to draft some kids that genuinely give a s**t and that want to get there hands dirty and sacrifice. Massive leadership problem at the club. Jack needs to assert his authority and raise the bar now. He needs to take his game to another level and get the boys playing with spirit on a consistent basis not just when they feel like it. Seeing Jy Simpkin ride cammels does not excite me. Seeing Jy Simpkin in the gym in October does.
Sure this must be the Rad Roo post of the day award!

Returning players from injury, a healthy run with injuries during the 2018 season, add Stephenson/Cerra and another pre-season into guys like McKay, Simpkin, Williams (both of them really), Brown (a full pre-season would be nice), Mountford, Clarke, Pruess, Nielson (get stronger) and Durdin, I can see a 12-14th finish.
See, I read all that and think 7th--10th. If we keep everyone healthy we are going to need some creativity to get a top 5 pick.

Sadly supporters give a s**t about there colours more than majority of players. It's all about the money and lifestyle for them. Do they really live and breath the footy club? The answer is nope! Most of them complain about needing to spend too much time there. Your better off barracking for whoever your favourite player plays for as all the clubs are to players these days is a different coloured uniform. I mean it's not like the 50 players on the list are born and bread from the suburb of north Melbourne. That's the way it all comes across anyhow.

Last edited:
Every football player in every league in Australia goes on a holiday in the off season it's hardly a crime. It's called a rebuild mate get used to it.
Edit. Players have to eat the right food,watch their diets stay away from booze starting from pre season until the final game they need to let loose and enjoy a few months in the off season.

Didn't Luke hire a running guy and do extra running sessions last Preseason?

Every football player in every league in Australia goes on a holiday in the off season it's hardly a crime. It's called a rebuild mate get used to it.
Edit. Players have to eat the right food,watch their diets stay away from booze starting from pre season until the final game they need to let loose and enjoy a few months in the off season.

Our players arnt fit at all. They don't even look fit compared to other clubs in my opinion. Don't work anywhere near hard enough. Taking the piss at moment. Won't change until brads gone and by the way when we are 16th again in 2020 don't all come telling me you were right. We are in awful trouble. The aggressive rebuild is nothing but a promotion by the club and marketing to get people to sign up. Really we have no idea what we are doing internally. None whatsoever.

Probably 13th-14th, best case.

Worst case, 18th.

As we say goodbye to more senior players, we will unleash some younger players into the mix. The invaluable 2017 chemistry that guys like Lmac, Williams, EVW, Nielson etc.. have developed will prove to be a contributing factor in 2018.

If anyone of Tarrant, Thommo or Williams get injured, we are screwed. Our defensive structure still needs an awful lot of work and depth to even consider the slightest chance of North finishing above 10th.

Our list will still be a bit 'all over the place' as our players adjust to the game style/structure. Getting a VFL team in-sync with our AFL side will be another crucial factor.

Fingers-crossed.

Our players arnt fit at all. They don't even look fit compared to other clubs in my opinion. Don't work anywhere near hard enough. Taking the piss at moment. Won't change until brads gone and by the way when we are 16th again in 2020 don't all come telling me you were right. We are in awful trouble. The aggressive rebuild is nothing but a promotion by the club and marketing to get people to sign up. Really we have no idea what we are doing internally. None whatsoever.
We delisted our fittest player, just say'n.

The aggressive rebuild is nothing but a promotion by the club and marketing to get people to sign up. Really we have no idea what we are doing internally. None whatsoever.

Why do you say this? Do you have inside info? I admit things can seem confusing at the moment but unless you have some direct knowledge of what's going on, saying that highly trained professionals have no idea what they are doing is a huge call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing I agree with Buckenara on his article today is a bottom 4 finish. Has anyone read his article? What an idiot. EVW should be delisted? Mullet and Hansen are C graders....**** they aren't even on our list anymore.

He's a certified moron.

Okay, cleaned some of the rubbish out of the poll and the figures are tracking like this:

13 - 12th = 9.7%
23 -13/14th = 17.2%
12 - 15th = 9.0%
19 - 16th = 14.1%
29 - 17th = 21.7%
38 - 18th = 28.4%

Half our respondents have us finishing bottom 2 in 2018.

Sorry folks in the top 8 calculations, it's nice for you to be positive, but I couldn't take you seriously.

Okay, cleaned some of the rubbish out of the poll and the figures are tracking like this:

13 - 12th = 9.7%
23 -13/14th = 17.2%
12 - 15th = 9.0%
19 - 16th = 14.1%
29 - 17th = 21.7%
38 - 18th = 28.4%

Sorry folks in the top 8 calculations, it's nice for you to be positive, but I couldn't take you seriously.

I picked top 8 and wasnt taking the piss.

Last edited:
Why do you say this? Do you have inside info? I admit things can seem confusing at the moment but unless you have some direct knowledge of what's going on, saying that highly trained professionals have no idea what they are doing is a huge call

Calling our current situation an aggressive rebuild is an excuse for being s**t. Also getting rid of all your senior players and being left with zero experience and leadership around the club is a recipe for disaster. The way clubs treat there older experienced players these days is an absolute disagrace. Way too many players pulling the pin 1-3 years to early. This whole rebuild bullshit that clubs spin is nothing but a cop out and gives players an excuse to give up when it gets all to hard. Clubs should only talk about these things in house. It's an absolute disgrace that we have been open to media and everybody about our direction as a club. How about just winning some games of footy and playing as 1 unit and focusing on the next contest instead of focusing on what the side might look like in 2022. s**t culture at north at the minute. F*** the rebuild.

Last edited by a moderator:

13 - 12th = 9.7%
23 -13/14th = 17.2%
12 - 15th = 9.0%
19 - 16th = 14.1%
29 - 17th = 21.7%
38 - 18th = 28.4%

I dont think finishing top 8 is out of the equation. More than possible and not improbable. Theres going to be a boat load of teams in the 8-14 bracket IMO and that could go on % for a few alone.

Having said that, I did choose 14th as from a realistic point of view it would be more likely IMO :)

Top 4 on the other hand...someone would be extremely optimistic for our young group to achieve that. I'd ask what they're smoking.

What a s**t post.

Do you have a job? Do you put in when you have to? Dishing it out to blokes like lmac who have a genuine crack like hes taking the piss just plain sucks. Do you think he was bludging on the club when he ran down cyrill and pinged his hammy to save a goal????

What about garner? All the time he has put in getting over his hammies which damn near killed his career. Reckon he was bludging on his mates every time he did his recovery therapy?

And clackera was with em as well. Reckon he is a lazy prick when he git runs all day trying to cement his spot in the team.

All so a pissant like yourself can take pot shots at them for taking a couple of weeks out before getting back and having another crack in the preseason to carry the club next year.

These are a couple of young men that should still be able to have lives outside of their professions. And from what i have seen of their postings obviously conduct themselves with excellent behavior in their personal space which if often difficult given the scrutiny they attract.

Back