Review 'Our' Benny Gale

Remove this Banner Ad

Gale is very much a heart and soul tiger. He alone isn't responsible for the Hardwick situation.
If you look at what has occurred under his reign, the positives outweigh the negatives by far. We seem to be jumping at shadows from baseless rumour and gossip.
Three failed finals campaigns and a super s**t season just gone has tested us and shown Hardwick to be the poor coach many picked him to be after 2014.
We have just knifed most of the coaching team (who people wanted gone) with more off season sackings to go. Prestia is coming (and let's be serious no one has any idea of the trade) and perennial fails in Vickery and Conca are leaving (we won't miss them), and Lennon is wanting out. We won't miss him either.
Personally i feel better about things than i did a month ago. Someone somewhere has reacted to a diabolical season.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

gale made the recommendation to the board to extend dimma- was part architect of the plan to build a list just to make finals and not a flag while telling fans everything was about number 11- and has kept Jackson Hartley Richadson and Burge employed---

his biggest claim to fame is gouging the members to pay off our debts--- we currently sit lower mid table and appear a rabble off field with more board challenges to come--- he has pissed me right off to be honest and i do not think he is up to it- despite constantly travelling the globe on junkets to give Richmond some sort of advantage----

Gale is very much a heart and soul tiger. He alone isn't responsible for the Hardwick situation.
If you look at what has occurred under his reign, the positives outweigh the negatives by far. We seem to be jumping at shadows from baseless rumour and gossip.
Three failed finals campaigns and a super s**t season just gone has tested us and shown Hardwick to be the poor coach many picked him to be after 2014.
We have just knifed most of the coaching team (who people wanted gone) with more off season sackings to go. Prestia is coming (and let's be serious no one has any idea of the trade) and perennial fails in Vickery and Conca are leaving (we won't miss them), and Lennon is wanting out. We won't miss him either.
Personally i feel better about things than i did a month ago. Someone somewhere has reacted to a diabolical season.

You forgot to mention the big re signing of griffiths. Amazing work i just cant believe how far we have come.:rolleyes:

gale made the recommendation to the board to extend dimma- was part architect of the plan to build a list just to make finals and not a flag while telling fans everything was about number 11- and has kept Jackson Hartley Richadson and Burge employed---

his biggest claim to fame is gouging the members to pay off our debts--- we currently sit lower mid table and appear a rabble off field with more board challenges to come--- he has pissed me right off to be honest and i do not think he is up to it- despite constantly travelling the globe on junkets to give Richmond some sort of advantage----

At the end of the day it's all about getting the FOOTBALL DEPARTMENT (core business) into good shape. He has failed dismally in that respect. Hardwick, Hartley, Richardson, FJ is there a more underwhelming FD in the AFL ?

I like Benny Gale he is an affable type of bloke that does love the Tigers but at the end of the day would much prefer some a'hole that's capable of making the tough calls required to get us into premiership contention as our CEO.

And i won't get started on the Pres.

someone called in to SEN and said if gale goes to the mcc then Brian Waldron could have his old job back as ceo--- Waldron laughed- he knows how to get results- cheating--! Lol could be our last resort-!/

Yeah, he made the recommendation (your words), so you actually support my point.
Let me ask you a serious question (not sure of your age, but here goes) - If you were an investor, and you were looking at a company which sacked it's board, CEO, and other levels of management, would you invest, and do you think that company would stay afloat long?
Point is while he has been part of some questionable decisions, the RFC isn't broke, and while we have holes on the list (every club has), we don't need a total rebuild like the hysterics are saying in the media. If we need one, then so does Port and so does Collingwood (yet they aren't receiving the same attention are they?).
It hasn't been all bad these last few years, and I agree on how we can go into another draft with Francis Jackson is laughable given we are about to off load three first round draft picks in one off season.

Yeah, he made the recommendation (your words), so you actually support my point.
Let me ask you a serious question (not sure of your age, but here goes) - If you were an investor, and you were looking at a company which sacked it's board, CEO, and other levels of management, would you invest, and do you think that company would stay afloat long?
Point is while he has been part of some questionable decisions, the RFC isn't broke, and while we have holes on the list (every club has), we don't need a total rebuild like the hysterics are saying in the media. If we need one, then so does Port and so does Collingwood (yet they aren't receiving the same attention are they?).
It hasn't been all bad these last few years, and I agree on how we can go into another draft with Francis Jackson is laughable given we are about to off load three first round draft picks in one off season.

I am not very good with serious questions- meds- but would I continue to invest in a company that had a board proven to be incompetent, had delivered no returns on my investment to date, were peddlers of an ultimately unsuccessful product, and kept senior executives responsible for key failures in place leading in to a major strategic planning period-? no sir I would not/

but this is football and i am emotionally invested to the hilt- and I am currently angry and lubricated/

I am not very good with serious questions- meds- but would I continue to invest in a company that had a board proven to be incompetent, had delivered no returns on my investment to date, were peddlers of an ultimately unsuccessful product, and kept senior executives responsible for key failures in place leading in to a major strategic planning period-? no sir I would not/

but this is football and i am emotionally invested to the hilt- and I am currently angry and lubricated/

You have every right to be angry and be asking questions.
But, we just can't sack everyone at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have every right to be angry and be asking questions.
But, we just can't sack everyone at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's be honest about this. All these people still deserve to be sacked based on their performance:

Hardwick
Burge
Peggy
Richardson
Jackson
Hartley

I will spare Gale cos we still need him as ceo to guide the ship after these changes.

RFC - Mediocrity thru Stability

Be quite ironic if our club got the reputation of keeping on underperforming coaches years after other clubs would have sacked them.

Other clubs come across quite ruthless with their coaches in comparison to us.

Really hoped Dimma would work but we are just going nowhere and im not anticipating success next year. That is danger for a club when large number of supporters feel that way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what happens if we finish Top 4 in 2017 and win a final or two?

Does this opinion change, or is it static regardless of the future results?

If Damien Hardwick and the RFC perform well in 2017, what happens to this opinion then? :)

If Damien Hardwick and the RFC perform well in 2017, what happens to this opinion then? :)

I have seen nothing in 4 years that supports your view where that will be a reality.

You're either very young or very naive. Forget it, the Hardwick rots already set in. He's a lame duck coach with no hope to ever reach or win finals.

I have seen nothing in 4 years that supports your view where that will be a reality.

I think you misunderstood my post.

I did not state my view on Hardwick one way or another, because quite frankly the actual viewpoint and where someone stands right now is irrelevant. I'm trying to find out about the mindset.

So... I'll ask it again but in a different way - would your opinion be willing to change IF Hardwick turned things around and we were a Top 4/winning finalist next season?

Don't care if you think it's likely or not, the fact is, Hardwick IS coaching in 2017, simple as that. Even if there was a "spill" at board level, they wouldn't be sacking him prior to the start of the 2017 season.

So the question I'm asking is a better question than just asking "do you think Hardwick will succeed?" because obviously you don't think he will, as do many on here.

But what you think, and what actually happens, may not necessarily be the same. They might be, but they might not be. So what I truly want to know is, if Hardwick manages to defy your expectations, will your opinion of him be open to change, or will you ALWAYS dislike him from now on, regardless of results in the future?

You're either very young or very naive. Forget it, the Hardwick rots already set in. He's a lame duck coach with no hope to ever reach or win finals.

How is asking the question I asked "naive"? :drunk:

Again, I did not state my personal view on Hardwick, I merely asked whether or not the opinions of the bloke would change on here if he went against expectation and delivered a finals win or a Top 4 placing.

Also, he has already reached 3 finals series in his time at Richmond, so he's obviously capable of doing it. He hasn't proven he can win one, but he has definitely proven he can get us into the Top 8.

All the non believers will accept Christianity go to church light candles thank god and thank him for a miracle as most don't believe they happen.;):)

Can anybody on BF verify this happened after the JDM?
Source OER
http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=25251.0

Quote from: Eat_em_Alive on September 09, 2016, 01:41:21 AM
Quote from: Jackstar 1960 on September 09, 2016, 01:36:36 AM
Never heard so much garbage tonight
Supporters are so gulable

I can imagine
like brainwashed cattle

I am serious people are deluded
To top it off , we to after party at Club23
Benny Gale rolls up, and tries to jump the rope to get in
His says don't you know who i am
Bouncer says no I doubt
You will have to go to back of queue
Very sad but TRUE

Couple of points that some of you blokes having a gpod ole whine should consider:

It was not Gale's decision alone to execute on the extension. The Board ratified it.

Has anyone seen Hardwicks contract? Have any of you (and that includes the snivelling media on here) sighted the termination and payout clauses? Yeah there have been articles and yeah the board challengers have put the payout on the table but to be fair, my left shoe is more competent than those bunch of incompetents.

It is possible to have an extension for 2 years whilst still not requiring a full payout. Seen them many times over in my line of work.

Posted by my left shoe!!

Source OER

I can imagine
like brainwashed cattle

Bouncer says no I doubt
You will have to go to back of queue
Very sad but TRUE

Lol

Couple of points that some of you blokes having a gpod ole whine should consider:

It was not Gale's decision alone to execute on the extension. The Board ratified it.

Has anyone seen Hardwicks contract? Have any of you (and that includes the snivelling media on here) sighted the termination and payout clauses? Yeah there have been articles and yeah the board challengers have put the payout on the table but to be fair, my left shoe is more competent than those bunch of incompetents.

It is possible to have an extension for 2 years whilst still not requiring a full payout. Seen them many times over in my line of work.

Posted by my left shoe!!
When was the last time someone wasn't paid out in football?
He would either have to go to fjail, or seriously sabotage the club, or sexually harrass someone not to get a full payout.
If he's sacked it's guaranteed money!

Be quite ironic if our club got the reputation of keeping on underperforming coaches years after other clubs would have sacked them.

Other clubs come across quite ruthless with their coaches in comparison to us.

Really hoped Dimma would work but we are just going nowhere and im not anticipating success next year. That is danger for a club when large number of supporters feel that way.
Sadly we sacked at will in the 80s when we didn't need to snd now we are trying to distance ourselves from that era and culture and keep guys way too long!

Source OER

I can imagine
like brainwashed cattle