Remove this Banner Ad

bigboysdontcry

All Australian
Apr 19, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ok guys,

I'm going to have a crack at our best line up for this years finals. All available except Murphy & Crameri

B: Morris Adams Boyd

HB: Wood Hamling Johanissin

W: Suckling Libatore Hunter

HF: Dickson Redpath Mclean

FF: Stringer T.Boyd Dahlhaus

R: T.Campbell
RR: Bontempelli
Ro: Macrae

Inter:
C.Daniel
Roughead
Clay. Smith (Wildcard) reckon he'll hit form and make an impact to this side.
Wallis

Emg:
Minson
K.Stevens
M.Picken

--------------------------------------------------
B. Williams / Biggs /Fletcher-Roberts/ Jong to come out of side.

Ok guys,

I'm going to have a crack at our best line up for this years finals. All available except Murphy & Crameri

B: Morris Adams Boyd

HB: Wood Hamling Johanissin

W: Suckling Libatore Hunter

HF: Dickson Redpath Mclean

FF: Stringer T.Boyd Dahlhaus

R: T.Campbell
RR: Bontempelli
Ro: Macrae

Inter:
C.Daniel
Roughead
Clay. Smith (Wildcard) reckon he'll hit form and make an impact to this side.
Wallis

Emg:
Minson
K.Stevens
M.Picken

--------------------------------------------------
B. Williams / Biggs /Fletcher-Roberts/ Jong to come out of side.

Mods please ban this idiot for having Hamling over Biggs, Stevens and Picken.

Mods, please post the height on the following players:

Biggs
Stevens
Picken

you have no case unless you argued for Fletcher Roberts? You think those players you listed could play on a 2nd or 3rd Tall??
Depends on the opposition. If they have a small forward line, we could go in with just Adams, Morris & Wood. If they're bigger we'd have to pick one of Hamling or Roberts. Against an Adelaide or North for example, we'd need one of Hamling or Roberts.

Reckon 2 of Biggs, Stevens and Picken should be in there. I'd prefer them over McLean or Smith at this stage. We're not sure if Smith will be able to make an impact. Him and Picken could really be battling for that spot.

Mods, please post the height on the following players:

Biggs
Stevens
Picken

you have no case unless you argued for Fletcher Roberts? You think those players you listed could play on a 2nd or 3rd Tall??

Good medium height players > s**t talls

Adams and Morris are plenty tall enough given the way we defend there should never be a 1v1

B: Wood Adams Boyd
HB: Biggs Morris JJ
C: Macrae Wallis Hunter
HF: Dahlhaus Redpath Stevens
F: Dickson Boyd Stringer
Foll: Campbell Libba Bont
Int: Picken, Roughead, Suckling, Daniel
Emg: McLean, Smith, Honeychurch

Roughead chips in down back and obviously supports Campbell in ruck, wouldn't have him in the forward line much or at all. Clay Smith the wildcard but hasn't played this year so hard to have him in. He would put pressure on Daniel or Stevens spot. Had McLean in originally but he slipped out when I forgot to add in a player, I'd have Stevens just in front of him fully fit. Other than that pretty straight forward team.

Last edited:
F: Dickson Boyd McLean
Emg: Webb, Smith, Honeychurch

Roughead chips in down back and obviously supports Campbell in ruck, wouldn't have him in the forward line much or at all. Clay Smith the wildcard but hasn't played this year so hard to have him in. He would put pressure on Daniel, Stevens and McLeans spot. Other than that pretty straight forward team.

Stringer stiff to miss out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

F: Dickson Boyd Stringer
Emg: McLean, Smith, Honeychurch

Roughead chips in down back and obviously supports Campbell in ruck, wouldn't have him in the forward line much or at all. Clay Smith the wildcard but hasn't played this year so hard to have him in. He would put pressure on Daniel or Stevens spot. Other than that pretty straight forward team.

Jeez not even room on the emergency list for the package. Damn it you just edited it.

Agree with those selections. But I'd have one player on the emergency list who is a KPP and that for me is Hamling.

Jeez not even room on the emergency list for the package. Damn it you just edited it.

Agree with those selections. But I'd have one player on the emergency list who is a KPP and that for me is Hamling.

Just edited it but know have McLean out who I'd like in. I know some would say Biggs is the obvious out from my team to fit him back in and reckon he's vital off half back.

Just edited it but know have McLean out who I'd like in. I know some would say Biggs is the obvious out from my team to fit him back in and reckon he's vital off half back.
Can't have them all in. Don;t worry about structure, go for best players selected in first.

For Example, An above Average mid over an Average defender. Stevens over Hamling because I like him more. Get Stevo to play on a tall.

If people think playing only Morris/Wood/Adams against Kangaroos/Adelaide, you seriously have no idea about match ups. If Adams goes down to injury during the game. We are in serious trouble.

Can't have them all in. Don;t worry about structure, go for best players selected in first.

For Example, An above Average mid over an Average defender. Stevens over Hamling because I like him more. Get Stevo to play on a tall.

If people think playing only Morris/Wood/Adams against Kangaroos/Adelaide, you seriously have no idea about match ups. If Adams goes down to injury during the game. We are in serious trouble.

I've picked the four talls though (Roughead, Campbell, Boyd, Redpath) and you can't have three of them in the forward line at one time. So I'd push Roughead back at times and he could play on a Brown from North or a Jenkins from Adelaide, Adams/Morris are good enough then to take the other two talls. The way we play with have guys like Wood and M.Boyd intercepting to help out as well.

You have seriously no idea how we defend if you think “match ups” actually matter. You do realise that we dont assign our defenders to certain players right? Its not unusual to see Suckling on a key forward at times and we get away with it because we defend as a COLLECTIVE.

You have seriously no idea how we defend if you think “match ups” actually matter. You do realise that we dont assign our defenders to certain players right? Its not unusual to see Suckling on a key forward at times and we get away with it because we defend as a COLLECTIVE.

I understand the Zoning off defence. In saying that, you still need 3 Solid Talls to cover that type of zoning against a taller lineup. Come finals, We would get chopped up against a taller unit forward playing the likes of Adams/Morris/Wood as the 3 talls. Morris and Wood are a lot more valuable not worrying about key talls.

If you think Bev/Bubba don't worry about key tall match ups, You're kidding yourself.

And when it all goes to s**t we get left with what happened on Saturday... Defenders out of position and easy goals to the opposition.

Morris Hamling Boyd
Wood Adams Johannison
Hunter Bontempelli Suckling
Daniel Redpath Stringer
McLean Boyd Dickson
Campbell Libba Dahlhaus
Macrae Biggs Picken Stevens

Emg. Roughead Wallis Smith
We are all waiting for the Redpath/Boyd/Stringer combo....

I think Roughead plays before one of Biggs/Picken/Stevens. Need another Tall if one goes down. Don't want Boyd Rucking if TommyC goes down. Ruins our Forward Structure.

We are all waiting for the Redpath/Boyd/Stringer combo....

I think Roughead plays before one of Biggs/Picken/Stevens. Need another Tall if one goes down. Don't want Boyd Rucking if TommyC goes down. Ruins our Forward Structure.
I think we could make do as long as Redpath is down there. I don't see how we can carry all of the 4 bigs while still keeping up our pressure levels. You can't select a team in finals based on what ifs for injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back