Prediction Our Best 22 for 2016 Finals series

Remove this Banner Ad

TGFC

All Australian
Oct 24, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
So with this talk of doedee, Seed, Menzel, Milera all needing to come in this year. what do we think the best 22 will look like for the finals.

Here is my best attempt

Brown - Hartigan - Lever

Laird - Talia - Smith

Seed - B Crouch - Milera

Cameron - Walker - Mcgovern

Lynch - Jenkins - Betts

Foll - Jacobs, M Crouch, Sloane

I/C - Atkins, Lyons, Thompson, Cheeny

Honourable mentions - Doedee, Mckay, Menzel, Douglas, knights

So with this talk of doedee, Seed, Menzel, Milera all needing to come in this year. what do we think the best 22 will look like for the finals.

Here is my best attempt

Brown - Hartigan - Lever

Laird - Talia - Smith

Seed - B Crouch - Milera

Cameron - Walker - Mcgovern

Lynch - Jenkins - Betts

I/C - Atkins, Lyons, Thompson, Cheeny

Honourable mentions - Doedee, Mckay, Menzel, Douglas, knights

Soooo, basically the team we are playing now? :D

I'm picking a team that IMO is best suited to win finals on the MCG:

Laird - Hartigan - Lever

Brown - Talia - Smith

Seedsman - B Crouch - Milera

Cameron - Walker - Lynch

McGovern - Jenkins - Betts

I/C - Atkins, Thompson, Menzel, Cheney

Not considered due to injury: Hampton & Knight
Positional placings variable
Menzel is in my 22 due to xfactor, he kicks goals, left foot, good tackler, and I believe that he would be a big game player
Milera almost ditto as above
I personally think Hampton will be a best 22 but may not be ready (fitness)

Lyons may be in strife now that Brouch is back if his form wanes and Milera/Menzel perform.

Otherwise agree.
Yeah, they would be my next most likely to come in. Milera would help add some outside speed, but needs to do more than 10 touches a game.

Cameron and McGovern average a similar number of touches, but Cameron seems to make a lot of tackles and McGovern has his contested marking to differentiate themselves.

Lyons and Douglas would be the most likely to drop out for a Milera/Menzel, assuming Brouch gets back to the level we know he can play at.

Seedsman the only player likely to come in, assuming everyone is still fit.

Most likely to be Lyons or Mackay who misses out - and my money would be on Lyons.
Douglas still on shaky ground, although this week was better than the previous 2 games, which were very ordinary.

B: lever, Talia, Brown
Hb: Smith, Hartigan, Laird
C: seedsman, b crouch, Atkins
Hf: lynch, Walker, Cameron
F: Betts, Jenkins, McGovern
R: Jacobs, Thompson, Sloane
I: Cheney, m crouch, Douglas, Lyons

Seed in for mackay effectively.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon if Lyons' form wanes, and Dougie is back as of last night, he'll go out for an outside player soon enough. I'll say Lyons out, Milera in for now. Seed in for Mackay.

B: Brown, Talia, Lever
HB: Cheney, Hartigan, Laird
C: Seedsman, Sloane, Atkins
HF: Cameron, Walker, Lynch
F: Betts, Jenkins, McGovern
R: Jacobs, Mrouch, Thompson
I/C: Brouch, Smith, Douglas, Milera

it's funny how similar everyone is rating the best 22 at the moment,.. for my money, it shows how balanced and solid our side is. Our best 22 is Very very good,. and with players ready to jump in if injuries occur (the likes of Wigg, CEY, Knight, Menzel, Otten, Lyons, Menzel etc) I may be very bias but think we have a genuine chance to win the flag this year..

Mackay deserves to be in top 22, having a very solid year, it can't be denied, however at the beginning of the year, there is no way you would have him in, come finals when more experienced players are required you would be almost incompetent if you picked say a Milera in his first year of footy.

The Mackay vs Milera will be an interesting debate. There is no doubt that Milera is going to be a gun for us in the future. Mackay has played like a guy who knew he needed to change. He is playing in an inside and outside role....which means he does offer us options.

The only way I would put Milera ahead of Mackay is if he had a lot more afl game leading up into finals. If I was to make a claim right this minute.....no Milera.

Moving to the third M.....Menzel. How can a guy who has not even played a senior game for us all year even be considered playing finals? Again different story if he starts to get a game and can prove he can handle the pressure.....

Finals pressure is so much greater than normal footy. I do question people's desire to play a person because they want them in vs playing them because they need them in.

Our best team is the current team with Seeds in and probably Lyons out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back