Prediction Our best 22 for Round 1 2020

The irony of a hawk carrying on about other teams ages. Dusty has at least four good years left abd maybe more if he plays as a permanent forward. Bnf in a premiership year.. he is pretty good prestia

you are deusional. They didnt have their best player rance all year abd the other two “ oldies” jack and cotch missed half the year each and they still win.
Lynch is 26 btw... next thing you will tell me he isnt in the best few pkayers. Their next wave and depth is fabtastic.. refer stack and balta.

Comparing a teams age profile is the bigfooty dick measuring contest.

Mitchell is 2 years younger than Martin and has more scope for improvement. The Hawks best & fairest winner Worpel is only 20 if you want to talk about age.

Also who gives a f*** about Richmond anyway as West Coast are going to win the 2020 Premiership. :$

The irony of a hawk carrying on about other teams ages. Dusty has at least four good years left abd maybe more if he plays as a permanent forward. Bnf in a premiership year.. he is pretty good prestia

you are deusional. They didnt have their best player rance all year abd the other two “ oldies” jack and cotch missed half the year each and they still win.
Lynch is 26 btw... next thing you will tell me he isnt in the best few pkayers. Their next wave and depth is fabtastic.. refer stack and balta.
Who are you talking to here? Is this a response to me? I pointed out Dusty's age and that I don't think Prestia is in their top 4-5 players. Not sure what you're crapping on about here.

Try being more coherent.

Captain chaos

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Duz turns 29 next season. I said he was nearing 30. Can you count?

No.. cant count. You are tryibg ti suggest they havent got long at tge top with old players... dusty has at least 4 left.
Notice you didnt respond about lynch... not in their top tier? 26 close to 30? Lol!

its the hawks who are old abd patched up

Aug 11, 2013
Brisbane QLD
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Barcelona
No.. cant count. You are tryibg ti suggest they havent got long at tge top with old players... dusty has at least 4 left.
Notice you didnt respond about lynch... not in their top tier? 26 close to 30? Lol!

its the hawks, AND GEELONG to be accurate, who are old abd patched up!!

Last edited:
May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Richmond will be around for another few years, age really isn't a concern for them at this point in time.

I do think people are starting to overrate how old the Hawks are though, most of our key players now aren't over 28, so it's not like we're the fossils we used to be, although we're a fair way off challenging/ winning a premiership.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons

Here you go dude... Merry Christmas 👍🏾

AC1B05C1-6BA4-474F-8AA4-2CAF6F16E63F.jpeg

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn

List for me the players on Geelong's list that are 30 or older.

Go on. Embarrass yourself.

Captain chaos

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
List for me the players on Geelong's list that are 30 or older.

Go on. Embarrass yourself.

What has it got to do with Geelong? You have now ignored my question about 26 yo Lynch and whether he is in their top band of players? your narrative about them being old and having a small window just isn't true..a lot of their prime movers have many more years..is Lynch is their top four now? top five?

What has it got to do with Geelong? You have now ignored my question about 26 yo Lynch and whether he is in their top band of players? your narrative about them being old and having a small window just isn't true..a lot of their prime movers have many more years..is Lynch is their top four now? top five?

F7AE554D-C9C3-45ED-BC67-5923A55787B1.png

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
An interesting stat from 2019
-When TOB hit the scoreboard (i.e. played as a forward) we were 6-1

-When TOB didn't hit the scoreboard (i.e. played as a defender) we were 3-6

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lynch is 27. And my point is still valid. All of their guns are either over 30 or nearing it. Houli, Jack, Martin, Rance (gone), Cotchin, Grimes, Edwards.

Mrzohs

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
lets take a wild stab at the best 22 for round 1..

Stratt Frawley Hardwick
Sicily Frost Smith
Scully Mitch Omeara
Gunston Tob Hendo
Bruest Patton Silk
Mcevoy Worpel Wingard

Scrimshaw,Shiels,Poppy,Cegs,

i would like to see jaeger roam free on the wing and rotate thru the middle with wingard, which will enable us to have smith or hendo across half back replacing impey run and carry. if Lewis is not 100% round 1 Patton,Tob will make up the talls fwd and we will play 2 rucks possibly 1 ruck with a fit lewis.
i expect clarko to keep the faith will the old brigade, the young fellas Walker,Hanrahan,Jekka,Finn will play but a round 1 start is unlikely.

Last edited:
Richmond will be around for another few years, age really isn't a concern for them at this point in time.

I do think people are starting to overrate how old the Hawks are though, most of our key players now aren't over 28, so it's not like we're the fossils we used to be, although we're a fair way off challenging/ winning a premiership.
Spot on - they have the list to execute their game style & they have depth to cover most positions/players - except Martin.

In saying this, HFC, eagles & maybe GWS should go past them in the near future (maybe even footscray, depending on umpires) - but they should be good for Top 4 for a couple of years yet.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Spot on - they have the list to execute their game style & they have depth to cover most positions/players - except Martin.

In saying this, HFC, eagles & maybe GWS should go past them in the near future (maybe even footscray, depending on umpires) - but they should be good for Top 4 for a couple of years yet.

How are we going past them? What's your reasoning?

Last edited:
How are we going past them? What's yourreasoning?
They're not getting much worse in 2020 than they were in 2019, but they're not getting any better. I think they're geared pretty heavily to doing what they've done the last couple of years. They lacked consistency in patches in 2019 so maybe they'll sort that out, or maybe they were signs of other sides working them out?

As for us, we'll beat them at the contest & on the spread away from the contest so we'll control that part of the game tempo. We'll also strangle their rebound from our FF-line with the wall we'll set up between HF-Centre.

We're excellent distributing off HB by foot, but probs lack Impey off HB to match it with run. Will be interesting how well Smitty can play that role - I reckon he'll do it pretty well.

We've now got size/weight in all the important places to have it. It'll be obscene this year, what Sicily can do with Frost playing genuine CHB.

We need Nash/Ollie to take the next step or for Minchington to keep them both at Box Hill. Popeye will be rejuvenated by our new-found forwardline structure. That'll further hurt their rebound from our FF-line. With our 2x KPF & dangerous mid-sized forwards, it's unlikely they'll be zoning off & marking unchallenged, our forward entries like previous years. Rebounding from our FF-line from a ground ball will be a different proposition than they're used to.

Back