Our best rolling 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't take me long at all, inconsistent that changes with a wim

It took you long because you may have been looking for evidence to support your claim.....but couldn't find it.

You can't find it because you're just imagining s**t and then you want to highlight others having mental issues. Poor form buddy.

I have dragged it all over here

This is truly hilarious, especially suggesting people are imagining or making stuff up. You banged on all year, "How are we going to fit in all these mids", yet now you are suggesting that they can play other roles? Mindblowing

It took you long because you may have been looking for evidence to support your claim.....but couldn't find it.

You can't find it because you're just imagining sh*t and then you want to highlight others having mental issues. Poor form buddy.

Where have I ever said that?
Why would you make up lies to seemingly bolster your own point of view. Full strawman......again.

Where have I said that Fogarty is a certain starter? Where have I pigeon-holed a player as only capable of playing one position.?
You can play any player anywhere, but that doesn't mean you'll maximise their potential and abilities.
I've always claimed to play players in positions that suit them best, instead of manufacturing stuff for the sake of it.

Did you listen to one of the coaches a few weeks back that suggested that the club wants to settle their line-up and positions (paraphrasing)?
Do you actually listen to anyone ...or have you convinced yourself you're beyond that

Let's have a discussion about things, but let's not....'stretch' our imagination to see things that weren't ever there. How about that?

So lets look at the evidence:

Was it not you that wanted to bet on Fogarty getting the last spot ahead of Gibbons? Would that suggest you had him slotted in as best 22?

In this post " Fogarty - We didn't get him for no reason. he new boys start and he'll take Gibbons spot." Pretty definitive wouldn't you say?

Now on to you changing your opinion with the passing breeze, or hedging bets, or listening to other people

From these 2 posts, you had Marchbank as a starter, then a WHOLE 2 days later " Newman now somehow just feels right in this mix to me. He has no issue finding the ball and now we have plenty of exit players for support. He doesn't have to find opening up the ground himself, any more. "

Then this last one

Betts is now back in as a starter and affter wanting to lay a bet that Fogarty will start ahead of Gibbons, we get this, " Still scope for Fogarty or Gibbons to get involved.

Yet you want to call people out for imagining, calling people liars? Looking in the mirror?

This will be the last time I go easy on you, told you a while back, you may have others fooled, but I will keep calling out your inaccuracies

Teague surely won’t waste another year essentially playing a man down trying to get Murphy to 300....?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Still one of our cleverest ball users. Play forward of centre and be opportunistic for 15 plus games. Happy for a youngster to overthrow if form permits.

Might be the first of Teague’s big calls, Clarko/Scott style.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No issue with that. Teague believe he is still one of our most dependable players with ball in hand, despite the defensive deficiencies. until that changes, he plays.

He still tackles btw!

Defensive back six is pretty well set with locks : Weitering|Jones|Saad|Docherty|Plowman - leaving SPS|Marchbank|Newman probably next three fighting for starting 6 spot ( I'd include Williamson in that mix if I didn't have him pencilled in for a wing spot contender).

Forwards are pretty well set with: Levi|Harry|Eddie|Martin|McGovern as my 5 locks leaving: Fisher|Cuningham|Gibbons as the next 3 fighting for a starting 18 spot [ Charlie is a walk up start hopefully by second half of the year ]

Midfield is pretty much set as well with my locks being : Cripps|Murphy|Walsh|Williams|Setterfield|Ed - leaving: a whole bunch of blokes fighting over maybe 2 IC bench spots - I reckon Williamson| Fogarty|Newnes|Gibbons will be ahead of Dow|Stocker| and the younger brigade including Cottrell|Honey|Philp well behind and 'developing'

Will be interesting who gets first go in ruck - but have to say that TDK is a very exciting prospect - has gone past Dow/Lob/ in terms of on field AFL performances - already.

SOJ|Kennedy should be mentioned as fighting it out against McGovern for a third tall rotating mid option and as depth - SOJ would be starting 22 for sure IF he was a couple of meters faster and a better set shot kick - Kennedy's lack of leg speed sees him pretty much behind Setterfield and Ed as an on ball option - maybe ahead of SOJ because he is a better mark and kick as a forward option.

The Club has already stated that Kemp won't be rushed back into football and is being thought of as a defensive player to start with. He and Stocker are the most interesting grunters I will be watching for in '21 with a keen eye on progress - along with Honey.

If I was still living in Melbourne I'd probably be going to as many VFL games as possible - how good is it to have a Carlton VFL team to watch younger blokes develop in - fantastic.

The factor X this year will be how well the side can run out the longer quarters combined with fewer rotations - no doubt in my mind Russell has set up a physical prep program for normal length quarters - and not the shortened game that ended up being played in '20.

tldr?

The OP title is 'best rolling22' and I think Teague pretty much goes with who he had playing last year - adding Saad/Williams and probably Fogarty into the mix. I think the only question mark I have is wether Teague continues to favour a 2 ruck combo with both Pittonet and TDK in the side. Gibbons|Newman|Newnes are unlucky maybe - and Dow/Lob/Stocker are in the same boat as Kennedy for '21 - they have to start showing something sooner rather than later.

Round 1 rolling best 22:

Plowman Jones Marchbank ( for mine)
Docherty Weitering Saad

Murphy Cripps Walsh
TDK Ed Williams

Martin Harry Cuningham
McGovern Levi Eddie

IC: Setterfield Williamson Fisher Fogarty(?)

Hope you all had a great Xmas - we are busty being locked down in Manly atm.

by the end of the year ( injuries aside ) I woudl expect Charlie | Kemp to be in the side along with one of Stocker/Dow. Also wouldn't be surprised if Cuningham is more a mid than a forward by years end.

Can't really get my mind around Simmo not playing anymore.

Round 1 rolling best 22:

Plowman Jones Marchbank ( for mine)
Docherty Weitering Saad

Murphy Cripps Walsh
TDK Ed Williams

Martin Harry Cuningham
McGovern Levi Eddie

IC: Setterfield Williamson Fisher Fogarty(?)
Good stuff, personally would play SPS in front of Cunners. Seeing you don't have anyone fit for the defensive rotation on the bench (Willo as mentioned to play as a winger), SPS is vital for team structure and balance in my opinion. Otherwise all good.

Good stuff, personally would play SPS in front of Cunners. Seeing you don't have anyone fit for the defensive rotation on the bench (Willo as mentioned to play as a winger), SPS is vital for team structure and balance in my opinion. Otherwise all good.

Agreed. I see SPS in that last spot on the bench ahead of Fogarty but otherwise I see it pretty much the same.

Good to see such quality outside of the 22 pushing for spots. Hopefully with a meaningful reserves competition we’ll see blokes knocking on the door with strong performances every week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Call me controversial, but I firmly believe that at this stage, there is room for both Pittonet and TDK.

I do not believe TDK has yet the physical attributes and endurance to be a full time Rickman, I like rotating him in the forward line too, he is a bloody workhorse, whose follow up work such as chasing/tackling etc, is simply wonderful.

And Pitto is far too good a player to waste in the VFL.

"It's really not that difficult".

images

Remove this Banner Ad

Back