Our best rolling 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Call me controversial, but I firmly believe that at this stage, there is room for both Pittonet and TDK.

I do not believe TDK has yet the physical attributes and endurance to be a full time Rickman, I like rotating him in the forward line too, he is a bloody workhorse, whose follow up work such as chasing/tackling etc, is simply wonderful.

And Pitto is far too good a player to waste in the VFL.
As a ruckman completely agree on Pitto. He is rendered almost useless around the ground other than being a bollard.

Call me controversial, but I firmly believe that at this stage, there is room for both Pittonet and TDK.

I do not believe TDK has yet the physical attributes and endurance to be a full time Rickman, I like rotating him in the forward line too, he is a bloody workhorse, whose follow up work such as chasing/tackling etc, is simply wonderful.

And Pitto is far too good a player to waste in the VFL.
If it keeps McKay from having to chop out in the ruck it's a good move. There will be many selections made through 2021 that will be more of a head scratcher than playing those two together. I think its a better set up playing those two than other combo's. The tricky one is is what do you do with Casboult.

As a ruckman completely agree on Pitto. He is rendered almost useless around the ground other than being a bollard.
do we really need to insult these blokes so much? is he doing his best? is he wearing navy? did he get chosen by us? leave the abuse for * please.....

do we really need to insult these blokes so much? is he doing his best? is he wearing navy? did he get chosen by us? leave the abuse for * please.....
Not attempting to insult. He is lost around the ground. Not agile enough, limited skills forward not nimble enough to effect contests. I’ve outlined the data on this previously. Very capable physical ruckman, we got him cheap because he is limited elsewhere. Not sure what exactly was abusive on a * level.

Not attempting to insult. He is lost around the ground. Not agile enough, limited skills forward not nimble enough to effect contests. I’ve outlined the data on this previously. Very capable physical ruckman, we got him cheap because he is limited elsewhere. Not sure what exactly was abusive on a * level.
I would say that sums up the vast majority of rucks over the history of the game. Many of whom won flags.
But I think that is a bit harsh on Pittonet also mate. He goes alright.

A bollard?

Very myopic opinion.

1. Hawks were very keen to retain him.
2. He's only 24 and inexperienced as an AFL level ruckman.
3. He is a good mark.
4. He might not be as mobile as TDK but his physical presence more than offsets any limitations in this regard. Warnock was a spud in this area, Pitto is much better than that....
5. Blokes like Martin, Mummy show that it's not all about covering thw ground quickly.

Very myopic opinion.

1. Hawks were very keen to retain him.
2. He's only 24 and inexperienced as an AFL level ruckman.
3. He is a good mark.
4. He might not be as mobile as TDK but his physical presence more than offsets any limitations in this regard. Warnock was a spud in this area, Pitto is much better than that....
5. Blokes like Martin, Mummy show that it's not all about covering thw ground quickly.
Fair effort. 4 off the first ball faced..... :thumbsu:

CARLTON

B:
Caleb Marchbank, Liam Jones, Lachie Plowman
HB: Adam Saad, Jacob Weitering, Sam Docherty
C: Sam Petrevski-Seton, Sam Walsh, Marc Murphy
HF: Jack Martin, Charlie Curnow, Zac Fisher
F: Eddie Betts, Harry McKay, Michael Gibbons
FOLL: Tom De Koning, Patrick Cripps, Zac Williams
I/C: Will Setterfield, Ed Curnow, Levi Casboult, Jack Newnes

A pretty good line up Fox Footy, but I would have to go with Willo as the winger on the interchange instead of Newnes.

I'm just having another look at this.
It's a fair lineup.
But, by the end of the year, I'm hoping that some of the old guards are replaced by some of the new players.

They may not all come to fruition, but I wouldn't mind seeing this:
  1. Stocker to replace MM - we need young midfielders
  2. Philp to replace Eddie - Fogarty and even Honey is also a chance
  3. Dow to replace Gibbo - LoB may be a chance too. Yeah, they are not small fwds, but we need to make room for one of these types
  4. Cunners to replace Ed - can Cunners be a tagger? If not, Setterfield needs to take on this role. Maybe Kemp here instead of Cunners
  5. Willo to replace Newnes - I just see this as an improvement in players
Levi is a problem - we have no ready made replacement, but we need a backup ruck/fwd in the team to support TDK.

Even with the above changes, there was no room for: Kemp, JSOS & McGovern; and also Fogarty, Honey and LoB misses out
2021 we are definitely finals bound - I'm excited!!!

Just look at those players being replaced and who is still missing out.
A great combination of age and experience.

Dare I say it - we have Depth!!!

B: Caleb Marchbank, Liam Jones, Lachie Plowman
HB: Adam Saad, Jacob Weitering, Sam Docherty
C: Sam Petrevski-Seton, Sam Walsh, Liam Stocker
HF:
Jack Martin, Charlie Curnow, Zac Fisher
F: Sam Philp, Harry McKay, Paddy Dow
FOLL:
Tom De Koning, Patrick Cripps, Zac Williams
I/C: Will Setterfield, David Cuningham, Levi Casboult, Tom Williamson

Last edited:
^^^yep re: depth should present itself this season, by my count 37 players could legitimately be vying for a spot
XXII
B: Docherty - Jones - Plowman
HB: Marchbank - Weitering - Saad
C: Walsh - Cripps - Williamson
R: TDK - Setterfield - Williams
HF: Martin - Casboult - Fisher
F: Betts - McKay - McGovern
I: Ed Curnow - SPS - Cuningham - Murphy (300 games))

Next in-line (11); Gibbons, Fogarty, JSOS, Dow, LOB, Kennedy, Stocker, Newman, Pittonet, Newnes, Cottrell
Pending (5); Philp, Honey, Owies
+ Charlie & Kemp WIP’s on recovery
Others (3) pre-season???; Durdin, Parks, Ramsay & then Carroll unlikely.

^^^yep re: depth should present itself this season, by my count 37 players could legitimately be vying for a spot
XXII

Next in-line (11); Gibbons, Fogarty, JSOS, Dow, LOB, Kennedy, Stocker, Newman, Pittonet, Newnes, Cottrell
Really good side you've made, the only change I can think of is Gibbons in for Cunners. Even then it's debatable, but I'd only be picking Gibbons because of his slightly better forward craft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

XXII

I like the balance of this...good job

Really good side you've made, the only change I can think of is Gibbons in for Cunners. Even then it's debatable, but I'd only be picking Gibbons because of his slightly better forward craft.

Gibbons & Newnes, Newman could be starters from DT’s preference for mature players but most of our squad now have been around long enough to make an impact at AFL level.

DC can offer so much if he’s going to show up & I would like to see him & ZW interchanging their roles through the midfield & maybe even up forward.

Could be Fisher, or an injury to Betts etc that gets Gibbo in (pretty good chance he’s selected & not against that at all, he’s more than a handy player).

Big pre-season coming up to make your mark on the early rounds XXII.

Hi folks, please excuse the intrusion.
I'm just wondering whether Caleb Marchbank can get back into your team, or have others passed him by?
Cheers.

I'm just wondering whether Caleb Marchbank can get back into your team, or have others passed him by?
Cheers.

Yes.

Cheers.
I think he just adds to the total structure and balance of the team.

Weiters/Jones as the talls, Plowman/Marchy as the mid sized defenders, and Doc/Saad as the smalls. Throw in there SPS/Willo who can also rotate through a wing, and this is a deadly defence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back