Here i go
Plow jones saad
Doch weiter marchy
Ed cripps walsh
Martin casboult fish
Mclovin harry betts
Tdk setters williams

Cunners murph sps ?- jsos gibbons newman williamsonšŸ¤”

do we really need to insult these blokes so much? is he doing his best? is he wearing navy? did he get chosen by us? leave the abuse for * please.....

Few days late to this response, but yes, I could nor agree more. Before TDK debuted in the last segment of season 2019, it's easy to forget how many solid, if not great games Pitto played for us during last season.

Also, and I do believe this is a very pertinent point, I do not want us to run TDK and physically drain his body like we did with Matty Kreuzer (despite rotating him with Sauce and Warnock for a while)

What the heck is wrong with TDK honing his craft for a time as a KPF (or KPD, as needs warrant) whilst we give Pitto the (mostly) full time Ruck Position, in which he is physically developed for ?

Mostly likely won't happen, but imagine if we could transform De Koning into a Paul Salmon/Simon Madden type of weapon ?

More than half of the AFL club's (more I dare say) are crying out for a starting 18 Rickman of Pitto's nous, the fact he is not that great around the ground means sweet fanny Adams really.
Grant 'cornflakes' Thomas was probably the first modern day coach who didn't believe in playing a mostly full time Rickman.

And how many flags did St Kilda have to show for that philosophy?

To sum up, the Pitto hate on this board is both inexplicable and extremely ignorant in my opinion.

From memory we kept that big useless Warnock and let Sam Jacobs go.....

Even then you didnt need to be SOS to see Warnock was a big dud and young Sauce showed a bit.

One of our worst moves in last 10 to 20 seasons IMO.

Last edited:
^^^yep re: depth should present itself this season, by my count 37 players could legitimately be vying for a spot
XXII
B: Docherty - Jones - Plowman
HB: Marchbank - Weitering - Saad
C: Walsh - Cripps - Williamson
R: TDK - Setterfield - Williams
HF: Martin - Casboult - Fisher
F: Betts - McKay - McGovern
I: Ed Curnow - SPS - Cuningham - Murphy (300 games))

Next in-line (11); Gibbons, Fogarty, JSOS, Dow, LOB, Kennedy, Stocker, Newman, Pittonet, Newnes, Cottrell
Pending (5); Philp, Honey, Owies
+ Charlie & Kemp WIPā€™s on recovery
Others (3) pre-season???; Durdin, Parks, Ramsay & then Carroll unlikely.

Id like to see Durdin a couple of times this year to get a look at him. Plus onfield minutes with Eddie may become limited moving forward. Three or so looks at Durdin would be good while he gets his conditioning for AFL. Just want to see if his spark translates from SANFL to AFL.

Id like to see Durdin a couple of times this year to get a look at him. Plus onfield minutes with Eddie may become limited moving forward. Three or so looks at Durdin would be good while he gets his conditioning for AFL. Just want to see if his spark translates from SANFL to AFL.
Watch some Reggies games then. Feel like Honey and Owies at least would be ahead of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch some Reggies games then. Feel like Honey and Owies at least would be ahead of him.

Yep, you should think so. Would have liked to see Owies in tandem with Eddie last season to assist his transition to the AFL.

Hopefully greater game time & a higher standard from our VFL team should enable better development for the younger players. See consistent form then rewarded with games in the seniors.

Before the training reports start rolling in - a BG take on the starting point for selections. FWIW

Look forward to seeing some players step up. Make selection difficulter for the next attempt pre round 1.

Best 22 x Exposed form end of 2020Pushing for a spot / coming back from injuryDevelopment year
B: Plowman Jones SPS (though prefer
up the ground)
Newman Marchbank
HB: Docherty Weitering SaadKemp PhilpParks
C: Williamson Cripps MurphyDow LOB Kennedy Stocker CottrellCarroll
HF: Martin Casboult NewnesMcGovern JSOS Charlie FogartyRamsay
F: Betts McKay FisherHoney Durdin Owies
R: TDK Williams WalshPitto
I/C: Setterfield Cuners E.Curnow Gibbons

My revised best 22

FB - Plowman, Jones, Marchbank

HB - Saad, Weitering, Docherty

M - Williamson, Cripps, Walsh

HF - Martin, Casboult, Gibbons

FF - Fisher, McKay, Betts

FOL - De Koning, Setterfield, Williams

I/C - Murphy, Petrevski-Seton, E. Curnow, McGovern

EMG - Newman, Newnes, Cuningham, Kemp

I really hope that by around the bye, Betts, Murphy and possibly Curnow can all be pushed out of the side. We have so many kids who can take their spots.

Betts --> Durdin, Owies, Honey
Murphy --> Fogarty, Cuningham, Philp, O'Brien
Ed --> Dow, Stocker, Kemp

ROUND 1 COULD NOT COME ANY FASTER!
Left out quite a few šŸ˜¬ Ffs...

Before the training reports start rolling in - a BG take on the starting point for selections. FWIW

Look forward to seeing some players step up. Make selection difficulter for the next attempt pre round 1.

Best 22 x Exposed form end of 2020Pushing for a spot / coming back from injuryDevelopment year
B: Plowman Jones SPS (though prefer
up the ground)
Newman Marchbank
HB: Docherty Weitering SaadKemp PhilpParks
C: Williamson Cripps MurphyDow LOB Kennedy Stocker CottrellCarroll
HF: Martin Casboult NewnesMcGovern JSOS Charlie FogartyRamsay
F: Betts McKay FisherHoney Durdin Owies
R: TDK Williams WalshPitto
I/C: Setterfield Cuners E.Curnow Gibbons
3rd person BG ffs, expected better. šŸ˜¬ tough gig, toughen up...

Who would you suggest bringing in and for which spot in the team then?
Who would you suggest bringing in and for which spot in the team then?
All good Ash, just attempted humour on my behalf šŸ‘ was in a funny mood on here last night...
Fwiw itā€™s a good side and getting really difficult to fit everyone in, wait until these youngsters start hitting their straps it will be a headache, but a great one too have...

Have a new series going on our website in preparation of the 2021 season. Running through all the club's lists and best 22s and Carlton is the next cab off the rank. Always feel like a supporters' judgement is one of the best going around so give us a follow, check it out and let us know your thoughts!

Apologies to many which is a good problem to finally have.

PLOW JONES NEWMAN
DOC WEITERING SAAD
WALSH CRIPPS WILLOW
FISHER TDK MARTIN
JSOS MCKAY OWIES
PITTONET WILLIAMS STOCKER

BENCH SETTERFIELD, CUNNERS, SPS, MARCHBANK

EMERGENCY ED CURNOW, GIBBONS, FOGARTY, McGOVERN

Plowman Jones, SPS
Docherty, Weitering, Saad
Williamson, Cripps, Walsh
Fisher, Casboult, Martin
JSOS, McKay, Betts
TDK, Williams, E Curnow
Setterfield, Murphy, Marchbank, Fogarty.

That leaves first round picks Cuningham, Dow, O'brien, Stocker, Philp & Kemp, this years draftees Carroll and Durdin plus Newnes, Gibbons, & MCgovern out of the side. Hopefully Betts and Murphy get pushed out by the first round picks before the season is out.

Looks very hard for the likes of Newnes and Gibbons to play regular senior footbal unless we have absolutely bothced our last few drafts IMO.

Where a player is drafted and or what we paid via a trade makes no difference to output or selection

Plowman Weitering Newman
Doc Jones Saad

Walsh Cripps Newnes
TDK Williams Setterfield

Martin Levi SPS
Fisher McKay, Fogarty

Gibbons Ed Willo Jack

The Rest: Kemp, Betts, LOB Dow Cuners, Marchbank, Gov, Honey, Ramsay, Philp, Stocker, Cottrell, Kennedy, Pittonet, Murphy, Owies

Injured: Charlie

Kids need to work hard and show consistent output to push out the likes of Gibbons, Newnes, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back