Our best rolling 22

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree
First time I’ve seen why he was such an early pick. He even got back in defence and was willing to put his body on the line.
If his confidence continues to grow he could be a long term classy wingman.
Particularly with the reduced rotations and extra speed on the game it will suit LOB’s capabilities perfectly. We will have an extra that can get back to help but then can use his elite running and speed to get into space And use it to our forwards advantage.

Particularly with the reduced rotations and extra speed on the game it will suit LOB’s capabilities perfectly. We will have an extra that can get back to help but then can use his elite running and speed to get into space And use it to our forwards advantage.
you guys have more faith in O'Brien than I do..-.. Because I don't think he's going to make it because he's merely a good Runner and a good kick.. But lacks footy nous and any sort of true aggression and physicality.. Also he's not particularly fast and a bit too small for modern mid Fielders. And I don't think he's got many tricks to get his way out of trouble evasively nor the mongrel/will to work his way through a solid packs...I Would you would love to be proven wrong

you guys have more faith in O'Brien than I do..-.. Because I don't think he's going to make it because he's merely a good Runner and a good kick.. But lacks footy nous and any sort of true aggression and physicality.. Also he's not particularly fast and a bit too small for modern mid Fielders. And I don't think he's got many tricks to get his way out of trouble evasively nor the mongrel/will to work his way through a solid packs...I Would you would love to be proven wrong

I’m still speculating and not completely convinced that he’ll be all that we hope for. But the minutes he played vs the saints suggested that he had addressed some of those issues particularly the fumbles. He just looked confident too.

The other thing I’ll say is I can see the game becoming far more niche where players have their specific roles and don’t really move out of them. Yes Lob will find himself in high congestion from time to time but if it happens too much then I see that as a breakdown in our systems, because that’s not Lobs strengths.

There’s also the question of do The strengths outweigh the weaknesses etc

I think Teague actually suggested this when he said early in the season that they bulked him up last season but it meant he lost his one wood. His running ability. Ie: he is not a congestion player we were wrong to try make him a congestion player.

I hope he can make it because we’d be a lot better side with a fast running good user in it.

The thing that puts fog over Gibbo for me is that he sticks his tackles. And gets lots of them.
I agree, but I also think there's a spot for both of them in the rd 1 side.

Fogarty looked really good on Thursday with 14 touches at over 70% disposal efficiency, 7 tackles, 17 pressure acts and 6 score involvements to along with it.

I didn't pay much attention to him during the * game, but I wouldn't be surprised if we'd pick Fog over Cunners and Betts for rd 1.

My preferred front 6 (+ 1 on the bench) are McKay/Levi as the key forwards, JSOS as the 3rd tall moving into the midfield to let Cripps rest forward, and Fisher/Murph/Martin as our small forwards. Then I'd have both Fog and Gibbo on bench rotating forward-mid.

I agree, but I also think there's a spot for both of them in the rd 1 side.

Fogarty looked really good on Thursday with 14 touches at over 70% disposal efficiency, 7 tackles, 17 pressure acts and 6 score involvements to along with it.

I didn't pay much attention to him during the * game, but I wouldn't be surprised if we'd pick Fog over Cunners and Betts for rd 1.

My preferred front 6 (+ 1 on the bench) are McKay/Levi as the key forwards, JSOS as the 3rd tall moving into the midfield to let Cripps rest forward, and Fisher/Murph/Martin as our small forwards. Then I'd have both Fog and Gibbo on bench rotating forward-mid.

Real close to what I’d have. Only one change with cunners over Gibbo. I’m thinking that with fish, Murphy and gibbons we have 3 of almost exactly the same type.

I’m still speculating and not completely convinced that he’ll be all that we hope for. But the minutes he played vs the saints suggested that he had addressed some of those issues particularly the fumbles. He just looked confident too.

The other thing I’ll say is I can see the game becoming far more niche where players have their specific roles and don’t really move out of them. Yes Lob will find himself in high congestion from time to time but if it happens too much then I see that as a breakdown in our systems, because that’s not Lobs strengths.

There’s also the question of do The strengths outweigh the weaknesses etc

I think Teague actually suggested this when he said early in the season that they bulked him up last season but it meant he lost his one wood. His running ability. Ie: he is not a congestion player we were wrong to try make him a congestion player.

I hope he can make it because we’d be a lot better side with a fast running good user in it.

Carroll.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back