AFLW Our best team this season

Remove this Banner Ad

both wing and in the centre for Ellie, she's in for a big season where ever she plays

i'm going to put it out there, but from the 2 practice matches i've seen, Eilish Sheerin is going to be our best recruit this season
yes Egan has been great, but Wow Sheerin's strong tackle breaking run and carry, long precision and penetrating left foot kicks, serious pace on her, strong one on one rarely beaten mature body

and Sophie "the dominator" Molan will have a break out year

Disclaimer: i have bad Covid ATM so i could be wrong on Sophie :sick:
Ouch, that's no good mate, the Covid. Ist time or have you had it before. I'm hearing 2nds and 3rds are no fun. You must be ill, re Sophie Molan. Still a stopped clock right at some time every day ;) keep pitching.......

Sheerin is a strong body for sure, and kicking is her strength it seems - can see her breaking the defensive lines quickly if she gets up the ground enough. The forwards are talking tactics how to take advantage of this. Just needs to happen quickly enough be undefendable. Hope her body holds up.

Ouch, that's no good mate, the Covid. Ist time or have you had it before. I'm hearing 2nds and 3rds are no fun. You must be ill, re Sophie Molan. Still a stopped clock right at some time every day ;) keep pitching.......

Sheerin is a strong body for sure, and kicking is her strength it seems - can see her breaking the defensive lines quickly if she gets up the ground enough. The forwards are talking tactics how to take advantage of this. Just needs to happen quickly enough be undefendable. Hope her body holds up.

yeah 1st time Covid, caught it off the wife, who caught it off her friend who she hadn't seen in ages 🤦‍♂️
good days, bad days and then some really bad days
4 weeks with it and can't seem to shake it off, wife the same
like a really bad flu

but have my brother and his wife who had it for 2 months and are over it, are still suffering fatigue symptoms
thanks for your thought's, much appreciated

The forwards are talking tactics how to take advantage of this
interesting, as she can roost the ball, saw one kick where Sheerin picked it up at HB, ran thru the middle and her kick landed 30 metres out from our goals to a contest (Hawthorn praccy game i think)
she's got a mean Dusty "don't argue" on her as well, haven't seen her beaten one on one yet

our backline has given up 1.2.8 vs both Freo and Hawks, seem to be jelling nicely minus Cordner, Graham giving good support to Miller as our key defenders

yeah 1st time Covid, caught it off the wife, who caught it off her friend who she hadn't seen in ages 🤦‍♂️
good days, bad days and then some really bad days
4 weeks with it and can't seem to shake it off, wife the same
like a really bad flu

but have my brother and his wife who had it for 2 months and are over it, are still suffering fatigue symptoms
thanks for your thought's, much appreciated

The forwards are talking tactics how to take advantage of this
interesting, as she can roost the ball, saw one kick where Sheerin picked it up at HB, ran thru the middle and her kick landed 30 metres out from our goals to a contest (Hawthorn praccy game i think)
she's got a mean Dusty "don't argue" on her as well, haven't seen her beaten one on one yet

our backline has given up 1.2.8 vs both Freo and Hawks, seem to be jelling nicely minus Cordner, Graham giving good support to Miller as our key defenders

That's some serious enough Covid right there! I think I was was on of the first to have it back in the second week of Jan 2019 - was in close proximity to a Chinese Airline pilot who was home on family leave, no testing available back then, but so much like my second bout after ANZAc day weekend this year. I traveled to Melbourne. Mine lasted just the 9 days (testing positive), tested positive for another two days over the basic 7 days iso. Still have the shortness of breath, and some brain fog - some mock it's not a thing until they experienced it. Hope you two get through it OK! It's all about the green vegetables!

Looking forward to the game tomorrow. Go Tiges!

anyone watch the Essendon vs Hawthorn? Essendon looked highly competitive. Hawks probably a win for us. Saints got their antivaxxer back, might not be an easybeat this season.
Yeah, watched it for Sophie Locke - she went OK - kicked her 1st AFLW goal, assisted quite a few others - still think she was an overlook by us as her best is yet to come. Hawks competed well but if we play up to our form and potential we've got them covered. Akec Chout had a few moments
1661655334467.png

Essendon might be up and down I think. Have a good list. We wouldn't want to take them lightly that's for sure. Prespakis was dominant. Paige Scott lived up to her promise and Bonnie Toogood is an absolute match winner (if we could have nabbed her I think finals would have been a certainty)

Gabby Newton is looking the goods for the Bulldogs, former No1 racked with injury, she looks every bit a footballer still and is going to hit the scoreboard a fair bit this season! Also, how good is Cora Staunton at GWS - 40yrs of age thank you very much!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah, watched it for Sophie Locke - she went OK - kicked her 1st AFLW goal, assisted quite a few others - still think she was an overlook by us as her best is yet to come. Hawks competed well but if we play up to our form and potential we've got them covered. Akec Chout had a few moments
View attachment 1493051

Essendon might be up and down I think. Have a good list. We wouldn't want to take them lightly that's for sure. Prespakis was dominant. Paige Scott lived up to her promise and Bonnie Toogood is an absolute match winner (if we could have nabbed her I think finals would have been a certainty)

Gabby Newton is looking the goods for the Bulldogs, former No1 racked with injury, she looks every bit a footballer still and is going to hit the scoreboard a fair bit this season! Also, how good is Cora Staunton at GWS - 40yrs of age thank you very much!!!!
Akec.... good delisting. Looks like she's going to dominate a game but doesn't really get damaging

View attachment 1493051

How does Sophie Locke get left on our shelf for 3 years yet Molan and Jacques survives? Sheehan needs to be sacked before I start taking this team seriously

Can't see us beating Brisbane this season in Round 5 - another level.

unfortunately no chance, even if we play our best game ever, would only get to within 10 points approx
they have too many weapons everywhere you look

i'm hoping for minimum 5 wins 5 losses this season, anything better is a bonus

So you think Molan and Jacques are better players than Locke then?

hell no
just saying, see how she (Locke) goes against some of the inaugural sides (Demons, Lions, Crows etc)

i'd like to see her over a season to pass accurate judgement, if we did stuff up, say like Grace Egan

on her 1 game i haven't seen whether she'll even make it in the AFLW
just saying 17 other teams (yeah inc us) passed on her 3 drafts (i think)

one player i would've liked us to have given a go is that Zoe Barbakos, she's got some serious potential, super quick, can kick goals
Hawks listed her 2nd after Deed, so Barbakos over Molan, Jacques for me if i'm going to call it early

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does Sophie Locke get left on our shelf for 3 years yet Molan and Jacques survives? Sheehan needs to be sacked before I start taking this team seriously

Let me know how you go explaining that to the powers that be. I share your surprise at Molan still being on the list, don't even thing Sheehan has earned her right to still be there, though some others do.

View attachment 1493051

Locke is a interesting one, i'd like to see a season out of her, before i'd call it a missed opportunity

if Hawks played Cats and we played Bombers, or vicar-versa, the game would have looked far worse for the expansion teams
would either expansion teams have handled the pressure of our game, no way known

i watched both games and Hawks/Bombers went toe to toe, under pretty usual circumstances for 2 bottom teams, it flowed comfortably

watching our game it was hot from whoa to go, damn hot footy, like watching the Crows/Demons game, very similar but of coarse better classed teams

ah yes Toogood, what a very good, very smart footballer, yes please one of her and one of Gabby Newton as well, the only decent draft pick of her year, bar Patrikios and cat's Amy McDonald (who always loves playing against us)

hell no
just saying, see how she (Locke) goes against some of the inaugural sides (Demons, Lions, Crows etc)

i'd like to see her over a season to pass accurate judgement, if we did stuff up, say like Grace Egan

on her 1 game i haven't seen whether she'll even make it in the AFLW
just saying 17 other teams (yeah inc us) passed on her 3 drafts (i think)

one player i would've liked us to have given a go is that Zoe Barbakos, she's got some serious potential, super quick, can kick goals
Hawks listed her 2nd after Deed, so Barbakos over Molan, Jacques for me if i'm going to call it early
Good call on Barbakos - is seriously good around the goals. Locke is also a good assist player, her stat's may not be electric, but her capacity to bring others along with her is very good - think every goal bar two was an assist (she kicked one herself)

both wing and in the centre for Ellie, she's in for a big season where ever she plays

i'm going to put it out there, but from the 2 practice matches i've seen, Eilish Sheerin is going to be our best recruit this season
yes Egan has been great, but Wow Sheerin's strong tackle breaking run and carry, long precision and penetrating left foot kicks, serious pace on her, strong one on one rarely beaten mature body

and Sophie "the dominator" Molan will have a break out year

Disclaimer: i have bad Covid ATM so i could be wrong on Sophie :sick:
Hope your feeling better mate, top call on Sheerin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back