Prediction Our Chances in the 2019 finals

Remove this Banner Ad

How good is the run home, fingers crossed some results fall our way and makes our hunt for a top 8 spot a bit easier

Go North!
Go Bombers!

Who do we want to win? Saints or Crows?
I feel like the Ess v Port game is an interesting result either way for us.

If Port lose they are obviously much less of a threat to pass us, but if Essendon lose they are stuck on 44 with a percentage that is not so far ahead of ours and WB, Freo in Perth and Collingwood to come.With their injuries and soft form, they become a team we can consider catchable.

Something tells me this Midfield group of Bont, Macrae, Dunks, Hunter and Libba have put there heads together this week and decided “hey we’re all fit and firing, we’ve climbed the hill before, let’s give this young talent every chance we can a get this done”

Dogs to win the next 8
I agree that our season rests primarily on the shoulders of those 5 plus McLean and Smith as a midfield group.

All those players love a challenge and the tougher the challenge the more likely theyll be up for it. Challenging them to win the next 8 midfield duels in a do or die/theres no tomorrow scenario might be just the motivation required.

The others will follow their lead whichever path they choose.

So we can still make the 8 by beating only the Bombers and Adelaide. Just need Essendon to lose to us, Freo (In Perth) and Collingwood. Also need Adelaide to lose to one of the Saints or Collingwood (Both in Adelaide) and West Coast in Perth.

I could definitely see the Essendon results happening, with Freo being the only game in which they may pinch it. Collingwood should be far too good for them.

I don’t feel the Crows lose to the Saints tonight due to the the whole gastro thing. Expect them to be sluggish. Collingwood is a huge chance to knock them over, even in Adelaide.

Percentage is obviously a factor. I have us pushing Essendon into 9th in the last round by 0.6 % 😯

Thoughts?

We should be able to leapfrog Essendon if we beat them... can't see them winning any of their other games.

This is a seriously interesting end to a season.

No one wants to put their hand up and take it by the throat.

If we beat the lions today, we will have beaten 3 of the top 4, one of them twice and only just lost to the Pies, who we arguably should have beaten once. Our for could be the best in the Comp!

Let's win it from 8th and shut them all up about winning from 7th!

Results so far are:

Glass half empty Adelaide, Port, Freo winning not ideal
Glass half full the bombers losing opens up 7th spot

What has not changed is it a must win game today and like the bombers the lions are due for a loss.

Results so far are:

Glass half empty Adelaide, Port, Freo winning not ideal
Glass half full the bombers losing opens up 7th spot

What has not changed is it a must win game today and like the bombers the lions are due for a loss.
Why is everyone worried about teams below us FFS? They are irrelevant if we keep winning. It’s what Essendon and Adelaide do that matters to us. Adelaide winning last night was not ideal. We lose today to the Lions, season over for us

Why is everyone worried about teams below us FFS? They are irrelevant if we keep winning. It’s what Essendon and Adelaide do that matters to us. Adelaide winning last night was not ideal. We lose today to the Lions, season over for us

They ARE irrelevant IF we keep winning BUT if we lose today, Freo and Port are equal with us and ahead on % with 3 to go. If they lost we’d still be one game clear with Adelaide still within reach of us and a chance to lose last 3 but 2 in front of Freo and Port who then can’t afford to lose any more. Sure Crow and Bombers are important but so is eliminating other contenders IF we stumble once ( or twice)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Results this weekend really have thrown things around. On my ladder predictor I now have us finishing 8th with 2 more wins, with Port now finishing 7th.

Freo are also now right in the mix with a very similar percentage to us so win or lose, every goal is important.

We dont roll over until its officially out of contention. This season you never know what could happen. Even if we dont win now, the percentage we keep by not getting blown away could also help. Keep fighting

Still alive - as long as Cordy doesn’t play on Hooker next week. Sheesh that’s a scary prospect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back