Prediction Our Chances in the 2019 finals

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be such a monumental achievement if we made finals. We looked dead and buried not long ago. It would mean so much to me as well, as I was in China in 2016! I missed out on the dream of seeing the Doggies win a flag at the G with my family, and I’m not sure if I’ll ever get that moment back.

As it stands, my wife and I will be moving to Melb around early to mid September (Depending on how long her visa takes to clear). Some crazy part of my brain is whispering “It’s happening again! The doggies are about to embark on another climb to a flag!” and I might be able to actually go this time!

The odds may be forever against me, the dogs and the perennial battler, but I’ll always believe we can make it 💪

Making finals would be a great lift for this list, but not likely we could make a serious dent with some pretty looming issues, with an inexperienced spine and patchy goal kicking. that being said, I think opposition players will look at the current position of the dogs, with an incredibly young list with some clear areas of improvement and think that they could make an instant impact in putting us into finals contention. Even if we miss finals but get to a competitive position, players that were otherwise sitting on the fence may see us as the place with the greatest chance at success. couple that with a tonne of cap space and its feeling pretty positive to be a doggies fan

This is me being optimistic

2mpjxg5.png
Richmond won't like that :D

If we win the next 2 essendon and Adelaide i think we make it. Port Adelaide and Bombers to miss if that's the case.

We just need either port or freo to knock over the bombers.

I get what you're saying, and there is some truth to it, but I don't think it's that simple. I think we cause the other team to look poorer because of the level of pressure our guys have been applying the last few weeks, as well as the intensity the game is being played at. This really takes it out of you - it's part of the appeal of the quick handball hot potato strategy we've adopted, in that it forces the opposition to constantly chase while our guys are relatively stationary. This saves our energy for the quick bursts, while also tiring the opponent. Tired legs means poor goalkicking.

I don't think it's just "luck" that we've come up against Collingwood, Port and Geelong sides that all looked to be underperforming. I think that was more to do with us having control of the game and having it played on our terms, rather than just getting lucky and having 3 top team at their worst

When other sides kick poorly it's bad luck but when we do it it's because we suck...

A few teams are looking ragged and with injuries mounting all around us, we may just do a Steve Bradbury and skate past a few to the finish line. Will finish with 13 wins and a percentage of around 110%.

We have four games 'home' which we will win - St Kilda, Fremantle, Essendon (Marvel) and Adelaide (Ballarat). And expect us to defeat a depleted GWS without most of its midfield. We defeated Brisbane earlier in the season and will fancy our chances again, though that is one which we may drop, if any.

With Morris, Liberatore, Gowers, Jong, Wallis and Daniel all available this week, our side is going to be hard to beat. I predict we win 5 of the remaining 6 and will finish 6th or 7th. I doubt anyone would want to face us in the finals then...

Last edited:
A few teams are looking ragged and with injuries mounting all around us, we may just do a Steve Bradbury and skate past a few to the finish line. Will finish with 13 wins and a percentage of around 110%.

We have four games which we will win at Marvel - St Kilda, Fremantle, Essendon and Adelaide. And expect us to defeat a depleted GWS without most of its midfield. We defeated Brisbane earlier in the season and will fancy our chances again, though that is one which we may drop, if any.

With Morris, Liberatore, Gowers, Jong, Wallis and Daniel all available this week, our side is going to be hard to beat. I predict we win 5 of the remaining 6 and will finish 6th or 7th. I doubt anyone would want to face us in the finals then...

Adelaide is in Ballarat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not entirely convinced by the Lions as a genuine contending proposition. Can make and win a final.
Trying to find the right description. I dont find them imposing enough or (at this stage the capacity to be imposing enough) to win it all.

Oddly perhaps, and even though we are not certain to make finals, if we do make it I think we have the players to impose under finals heat and win the lot.

I just had a crack at the ladder predictor. With us only dropping the Brisbane and GWS games and reasonable selections in all other games, have us sneaking into the top 8 after defeating the Crows in the final round. Then we win the premiership from 8th :p

There's a lot we're doing poorly, but also a lot of things we are continuing to do well. Continuing to be one of the more disciplined teams in the competition and winning more free kicks than our opposition continues to be a strength of ours.

29zbxqp.png

I would have liked to have posted that ladder last week prior to the Melbourne match.

Who should we be hoping wins tonite (aside from the draw)??
Who ever loses has to be the game we set ourselves for if we win the games we should. I think the bombers have a harder run in and t would make me sick if they ended our year

Think our finals hopes rely on Essendon.
Need them to lose against 3 of Adelaide, Collingwood, port and freo

Then we’d need to beat the bombers ourselves, and win at least 3 more other games.

I’d say we can do it, just unfortunately will depend on the result of other teams games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back