Prediction Our Chances in the 2019 finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It is going be tough with our percentage we are going to need 13 wins you would think. So that means we need to win all Mavel/Mars Games and one of GWS or Brisbane. A possibility on recent form but unlikely. It looks like the GC game, the blues were we did not turn up and bad kicking against the pies will cost us a finals spot.

Finals a must next season.

Hard to see it this year but if we’re any chance, we must win our next 3. Barrett made a good point on FC last night. We play our better footy as underdogs. Possibly be favourite for our next 3. Big test of our maturity. Need to start getting ourselves ‘up’ for every team, not just those above us on the ladder.

If we’d won two of the the GC, Blues, North games, we’d be 6th on the ladder.
It’s all hypotheticals but all those three games were more than winnable ( we’d be equal 3rd if won all three )

It’s a pretty good reflection on how good this team can be and the damage we can do if we do manage to sneak in to the finals.

Last edited:
I think we also need to realise how close the competition is. That statement gets thrown around most years but it’s actuallly true this season.

It’s why I wouldn’t be marking down the next 3 as all wins. Unfortunately the team isn’t at that level of maturity just yet

Bevo just likes a challenge. Thus:
2016 Bevo: no one is ever going to top winning 4 cut-throat finals from 7th with such a young, inexperienced team!
2019 Bevo: hold my beer.
Bookmark it!
If we manage to Do the unthinkable and snag a flag this year, we would have to go at least 10-1 from here 👍

Ah screw it, we're going to go undefeated on our charge to the flag and go 13-0 since the Port game 😂

I don’t like our chances. Would be surprised if any of the top 6 miss the finals and despite their struggles I think Adelaide will win their next four (GC away, Essendon home, Carlton away, St Kilda home) which would take them to 12-7 and almost certainly seal their finals spot. They’re no certainty to go 4-0 in those games but will definitely be heavy favourites in each.

As has been said with our percentage chances are against us making it. We’ve either got to get to 13 wins or have two or three 10 goal wins to get our percentage above the rest of the chasing pack. Neither look like more than a slim possibility.

I don’t like our chances. Would be surprised if any of the top 6 miss the finals and despite their struggles I think Adelaide will win their next four (GC away, Essendon home, Carlton away, St Kilda home) which would take them to 12-7 and almost certainly seal their finals spot. They’re no certainty to go 4-0 in those games but will definitely be heavy favourites in each.

As has been said with our percentage chances are against us making it. We’ve either got to get to 13 wins or have two or three 10 goal wins to get our percentage above the rest of the chasing pack. Neither look like more than a slim possibility.
Are you saying we're on track to be 9th? But...but that's Ninth-mond's position!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great position really
If by some chance we did win all those games ,it would be because we are good enough.Not just making up the numbers

I think I said it somewhere else but likely will be on 10 wins at 11th or 10th with Fremante.

Beat Dees
Beat Saints
Beat Freo (marvel)
Lose Brisbane (gabba)
Lose Essendon
Lose GWS (spotless)
Lose Adelaide (Ballarat)

Port 8th Dons 9th.

But you never know

I think I said it somewhere else but likely will be on 10 wins at 11th or 10th with Fremante.

Beat Dees
Beat Saints
Beat Freo (marvel)
Lose Brisbane (gabba)
Lose Essendon
Lose GWS (spotless)
Lose Adelaide (Ballarat)

Port 8th Dons 9th.

But you never know
I'll back us against the Dons and the Crows.

If we win the next seven I will probably get naked, hell stuff that it's not that cold out now. We are close to
dominance, but I am still a little pissed such an unbalanced list so reliant on the kids. If English or the
great Naughton go down the pooch is screwed which is sad for the pooch.

I got a feeling with the way our whole season has gone, we’ll end up 11-11 on par with 2017. A bit to work into next year, however, those poor losses will come back to bite us!

I did the AFL ladder predictor and gave us wins against Melbourne, StK, Freo, Ess and Adelaide, with losses against GWS and Brisbane.

This saw us finish 12-10 and in 8th spot.

The teams I had in 7th-10th, all within a game of each other were Adelaide, us, Port and Essendon. These are the teams I reckon we need to start deathriding 😊

I did the AFL ladder predictor and gave us wins against Melbourne, StK, Freo, Ess and Adelaide, with losses against GWS and Brisbane.

This saw us finish 12-10 and in 8th spot.

The teams I had in 7th-10th, all within a game of each other were Adelaide, us, Port and Essendon. These are the teams I reckon we need to start deathriding 😊

Likewise. Ladder predictor with likely results plus giving us the Essendon and Adelaide games. Adelaide have the easy draw. Our competitors for 8th all have fairly tricky draws, including many games against each other. If we win 5 I reckon we make it. Unlikely though, all 5 are pretty close to 50/50 games.

de34c71aad.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back