Prediction Our Chances in the 2019 finals

mattwa

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2007
wa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The essendon game to me I'm super confident on.. they have no ruck and we have the wood over them. English will have a day out

This weeks game is huge as the gawn pruess combo could be pivotal in determining the winner

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If we are any good we beat melbourne

They are in the bottom four for a reason and have had Gawn and Preuss available most weeks.

We lose we don’t to them it means a we don’t deserve to be close to finals

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So, who would we be more likely to topple? The Giants in Sydney or the Lions at the Gabba? My head says neither, but I would lean towards the Giants on their current form.
Giants with all their injuries would make them the most vulnerable. Lions are making their home a fortress don't think they have lost at home this year.

Giants with all their injuries would make them the most vulnerable. Lions are making their home a fortress don't think they have lost at home this year.
Didn't Collingwood smash them there early in the season? Edit: yep, 123 to 61

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Didn't Collingwood smash them there early in the season? Edit: yep, 123 to 61
Entirely possible I haven't followed the lions results too closely, media have been calling it a fortress lately. They have been very solid at home

I get what you're saying, and there is some truth to it, but I don't think it's that simple. I think we cause the other team to look poorer because of the level of pressure our guys have been applying the last few weeks, as well as the intensity the game is being played at. This really takes it out of you - it's part of the appeal of the quick handball hot potato strategy we've adopted, in that it forces the opposition to constantly chase while our guys are relatively stationary. This saves our energy for the quick bursts, while also tiring the opponent. Tired legs means poor goalkicking.

I don't think it's just "luck" that we've come up against Collingwood, Port and Geelong sides that all looked to be underperforming. I think that was more to do with us having control of the game and having it played on our terms, rather than just getting lucky and having 3 top team at their worst
Yes, but don't tell anyone, let them think they've just had a down day and that in actual fact we're not really very good ;)

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Some nice results for our chances yesterday with Freo losing especially, and Sydney and North (although Essendon would've been equally. Useful). By my ladder predictor we are now finishing in 8th a game clear. Dream day today is for us to win comfortably and for Port to lose.

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We need to replace one of GWS, Adelaide or the Bombers. The Bombers are the only one we could get on percentage

Bombers for 1248 against 1219 Plus 29
Dogs for 1275 against 1345 - 70

So we are 99 points behind. We want the crows to belt them say by the tune of 50 points next week and for us to beat the saints by the same and if the tigers beat the power at home we in the eight has earlier as next week.

Before I get a reply Strong correlation of post to user name.

Jordon Sweet was monstrous today dog-watch worked his ass off against a bigger man. Morris was
quite secure as well, West did not excite me that much.
Agree. Sweet's coming along quite well for a 21yo. I liked his ruckcraft. Is he Bevo's type though? Roughy and in particular Campbell struggled to get games even when we looked undermanned in the ruck. If he's slow like Campbell it won't augur well for him.

Sweet has to be taking marks around the ground and getting more clearances to earn a promotion. But at 21 he has time to fix that side of his game as long as he has the mobility.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Agree. Sweet's coming along quite well for a 21yo. I liked his ruckcraft. Is he Bevo's type though? Roughy and in particular Campbell struggled to get games even when we looked undermanned in the ruck. If he's slow like Campbell it won't augur well for him.

Sweet has to be taking marks around the ground and getting more clearances to earn a promotion. But at 21 he has time to fix that side of his game as long as he has the mobility.
You are probably right dog-watch at least now Bevo is seeing the errors of his ways early in the year
particularly against Collingwood 18 to 10 hit out advantage to Grundy at half time about 60 to 10
by the end of the game had to change it and has, but using Naughton is a worry.

AjsGuns

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea.
We need to replace one of GWS, Adelaide or the Bombers. The Bombers are the only one we could get on percentage

Bombers for 1248 against 1219 Plus 29
Dogs for 1275 against 1345 - 70

So we are 99 points behind. We want the crows to belt them say by the tune of 50 points next week and for us to beat the saints by the same and if the tigers beat the power at home we in the eight has earlier as next week.

Before I get a reply Strong correlation of post to user name.

Adelaide are making finals, have you seen their dream run home?
GWS have it a little harder, Collingwood, Port Adelaide, Sydney, Hawthorn and Us.
Realistically though we have to dislodge Essendon.

You are probably right dog-watch at least now Bevo is seeing the errors of his ways early in the year
particularly against Collingwood 18 to 10 hit out advantage to Grundy at half time about 60 to 10
by the end of the game had to change it and has, but using Naughton is a worry.

I saw him live for the first time today - I labelled him a plodder. Not sure how his ruck craft would stand up to AFL level but English is much better around the ground.

It wouldn't matter who we had in the ruck against Grundy or Gawn - those two are miles above any other ruckman in the comp except maybe NicNat

Adelaide are making finals, have you seen their dream run home?
GWS have it a little harder, Collingwood, Port Adelaide, Sydney, Hawthorn and Us.
Realistically though we have to dislodge Essendon.
Carlton will beat Adelaide.

Leon

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2004
Bound for Germany 2006!
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Harry's Heroes
I reckon we are a very good chance to.

There’s no game that stands out as not being winnable.

It’s statement of bleeding obvious I know but it all depends on us and our ability to turn up. We play the Saints and Freo in the next few weeks who are struggling but we have lost to Carlton, Gold Coast and Norf this year so we can’t be treating lower sides with disrespect.

Saints at the moment are very ordinary so if we play to our best we should do them comfortably.

Freo is a worry, that lot absolutely own us (as well as that prick Ross Lyon).

If we do beat these two then the Essendon game is massive. We have the wood over them recently but at the moment it’s a genuine 50/50.

GWS are also gettable, as are Adelaide.

Essentially, it’s all in our hands.

This is me being optimistic

2mpjxg5.png

Back