Prediction Our Chances in the 2019 finals

Remove this Banner Ad

How could you not have the games that influence our finals chances in the top bracket?
Because if we beat Adelaide we're in.

A lot of those matches can very easily shift up and down the rankings based on other results, but that's how I view them as of now.

If the Crows beat us by less than 22 points and the Eagles beat the Hawks, then the Power v Dockers match would move to number two on my list. But if the Crows beat us by more than 21 points or the Hawks beat the Eagles, then I have practically no interest in the Power v Dockers match.

When you consider our finals chances you probably want to give weight to recent form.

So here's the ladder for all games played since Rd 11. The final column is the difference in ladder position between the ladder after the first 11 games and the next 10 this ladder.

EDIT: I changed the previous paragraph for (hopefully) greater clarity.

Based on that we'd have to be a decent chance if we can beat Adelaide and make the finals.

Last edited:
When you consider our finals chances you probably want to give weight to recent form.

So here's the ladder since Rd 11. The final column is the difference in ladder position between the first 11 games and the next 10.

View attachment 730625

Based on that we'd have to be a decent chance if we can beat Adelaide and make the finals.
Love it.

So here's the ladder since Rd 11. The final column is the difference in ladder position between the first 11 games and the next 10.

View attachment 730625

Bombers with the 6th worst percentage but 5th best record overall. They were pretty lucky to get over the line in a lot of those games IMO. Many teams below them with much better form.

Gold Coast.... yikes :/

Bombers with the 6th worst percentage but 5th best record overall. They were pretty lucky to get over the line in a lot of those games IMO. Many teams below them with much better form.

Gold Coast.... yikes :/
And GWS too!

I love this, but cool the jets son! We haven't even made the 8 yet ;)
Haha some1 asked for the scenario I must not of hit quote before i typed it. I think we beat Adelaide. 50/50 against gws then think that could be it for the year. Next 3-5 years should hopefully be pretty exciting although most of us thought that after 2016.

Haha some1 asked for the scenario I must not of hit quote before i typed it. I think we beat Adelaide. 50/50 against gws then think that could be it for the year. Next 3-5 years should hopefully be pretty exciting although most of us thought that after 2016.

Yeah you'd reckon if we beat GWS in the first final and played Geelong coming off a loss to Richmond, we might be punching above our weight. The future is exciting though.

Yeah you'd reckon if we beat GWS in the first final and played Geelong coming off a loss to Richmond, we might be punching above our weight. The future is exciting though.
I'd be pretty happy with that scenario, think geelong is easily the best team we could get if we make the second week of the finals. West coast away would be a nightmare and the other two we'd be a chance but not a good one imo. I would qualify this by saying it's all a hypothetical but really I can't see how we don't make it at least that far, if not further.

I'd be pretty happy with that scenario, think geelong is easily the best team we could get if we make the second week of the finals. West coast away would be a nightmare and the other two we'd be a chance but not a good one imo. I would qualify this by saying it's all a hypothetical but really I can't see how we don't make it at least that far, if not further.
But Geelong at GMHBXYZ?

But Geelong at GMHBXYZ?
I thought that AFL had ruled that out? Although I absolutely think any team that wins the right to a home final should be able to play it at their home ground.

In any case we'd hardly be favourites but I can see us winning even there.

Haven’t been as excited about a game since 2016, for obvious reasons. So many times this year when we were expected to win, we found a way to let complacency creep in, but I feel now is different.

Our current group feels a lot more ruthless, like they know what they deserve, what is rightfully theirs. I saw it as soon as Naughton stare down at Davis last week: Rage

Rage for those who labeled our flag a Bradbury. For those who want to keep down the little man, so he never achieves the dream they were too scared to go after. They are clinging onto a life raft, which is about to be swallowed by the vast power of the Dogs. Perennial battlers no more. We are the present. We are the future. We are the Western Bulldogs 💪

Well there goes my chances of us finishing 8th and playing Pies, Essendon have 6 players out for tonight’s game. No chance they win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping to change the title of this thread Sunday from "Our Chances To Play Finals" to "Our Chances For the Flag". But like Bevo says need to cool our jets a little longer.

Imagine the pi**ing and moaning if they finish top and Richmond finish 4th, yet they play the first final, and lose, on Richmonds own dung hill

Even better they lose the first final at the G then play us in a semi at the G and lose that and get dumped in straight sets again.

I would laugh myself silly.

Haven’t been as excited about a game since 2016, for obvious reasons. So many times this year when we were expected to win, we found a way to let complacency creep in, but I feel now is different.

Our current group feels a lot more ruthless, like they know what they deserve, what is rightfully theirs. I saw it as soon as Naughton stare down at Davis last week: Rage

Rage for those who labeled our flag a Bradbury. For those who want to keep down the little man, so he never achieves the dream they were too scared to go after. They are clinging onto a life raft, which is about to be swallowed by the vast power of the Dogs. Perennial battlers no more. We are the present. We are the future. We are the Western Bulldogs 💪

Glad pies will get the W tonight. I'd still much prefer playing GWS round 1 of the finals if we make it. the Grundy v English matchup still scares me and I think it would decide the game in spite of how much Timmy has improved this year.

Well there goes my chances of us finishing 8th and playing Pies, Essendon have 6 players out for tonight’s game. No chance they win

It’s a little both ways I reckon. I’m torn between playing either side.
I’d probably prefer GWS as they’re in awful form and we’ve now got the wood over them. The worry for me is having to deal with losing to them if it eventutes.

It’s a little both ways I reckon. I’m torn between playing either side.
I’d probably prefer GWS as they’re in awful form and we’ve now got the wood over them. The worry for me is having to deal with losing to them if it eventutes.
They will have Mumford and Cameron back, plus others. They will have a stronger team than last week.

We will play whoever we play IF we win.

IF we win this week there are 4 games we will have to win, worry about each one as they come up but though we will probably be stronger next season, taking opportunities when they come up is critical as you never know when the next opportunity will arise

Even better they lose the first final at the G then play us in a semi at the G and lose that and get dumped in straight sets again.

I would laugh myself silly.
That’s exactly the scenario I want, rather than play GWS away, then travel to Perth or Brisbane the following week

Freo gonna have that coach sacked energy. Maybe they wont disappoint us two weeks in a row.

I've tipped Freo as Port will know by the time they play that they won't (hopefully) be playing finals & will probably roll over

They will have Mumford and Cameron back, plus others. They will have a stronger team than last week.

Yep absolutely and with that strong side it’ll bring confidence that they’ve probably lacked the last few weeks.
I just think it’s a beast Bevo and the boys know well and have the mental advantage over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back