Opinion Our Club Song

Love it, loathe it, change it

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The ever lasting memory I have of our song is being a child going home from a game on a Bulldogs supporter bus, and whoever was in charge of the group called up a radio station and got the whole bus to sing the song on the radio. The people on the bus largely consisted of elderly folk, so there wasn't a ton of gusto in this particular rendition. Sounded like a lament for the dead.

Not a fan.

Never heard of it. Post a link please.

Your breach of copyright starts at around 1.30 If you want to see how the True Believers sing it, thoug,

watch

In the spirit of the Albanese-Macron-France-Subs settlement and following suitable payments, perhaps the Club could adopt Glory, Glory to the 'Doggies and include your lyrics.

Last edited:

Your breach of copyright starts at around 1.30 If you want to see how the True Believers sing it, thoug,

watch

In the spirit of the Albanese-Macron-France-Subs settlement and following suitable payments, perhaps the Club could adopt Glory, Glories to the 'Doggies and include your lyrics.

Lol. Nothing to do with genetics in there.

Agree Glory Glory would be a better tune than Sons of the Sea. But that's no big call.

Lol. Nothing to do with genetics in there.

Agree Glory Glory would be a better tune than Sons of the Sea. But that's no big call.
'tis not a laughing matter, wee Dogwatch. After a bonny win, much needed reform can get lost. Continue to fight the good cause, let Rob Roy McGregor and Robert the Bruce inspire you.

The ever lasting memory I have of our song is being a child going home from a game on a Bulldogs supporter bus, and whoever was in charge of the group called up a radio station and got the whole bus to sing the song on the radio. The people on the bus largely consisted of elderly folk, so there wasn't a ton of gusto in this particular rendition. Sounded like a lament for the dead.

Not a fan.

I feel your pain, Igloo. Of all the 19th century British music hall tunes, adopted by just about all the old VFL Clubs, Sons of the Sea turned out to be the worst. Whilst I hate overlooking long usage/tradition, it's time. It's bad enough being embarrassed on field but in the Stands ?

I remember a footy trip all those years ago when the only verse the blokes sang was, to the tune of the chorus to the Battle Hymn of the Republic

We'll put Luke Beveridge (optional) in a Concentration Camp (3 times)
when the Red Revolution comes.

Verses concerning fellow team members and the coach, especially, the coach, the father of a subsequent Grand Final Umpire, are omitted

Last edited:
Should move to The Western Bulldogs Are Taking Over by Bevos mates. It would really get the boys up and about after a big win
A lot hated it, but I used to love it as a build up. It's better than the crap your ears get assaulted by throughout the game at least

I have always found the College Fight songs in the US to be most inspiring. Being at a Notre Dame football game and listening to the Fighting Irish marching band play the fight song is nothing short of amazing. Not surprising so many football teams have adopted it to shake down the thunder from the sky as they march onward to victory.

Perhaps we could adopt the Michigan's or UCLA's fight song tune (both refer to being the best team from the West).

I have always found the College Fight songs in the US to be most inspiring. Being at a Notre Dame football game and listening to the Fighting Irish marching band play the fight song is nothing short of amazing. Not surprising so many football teams have adopted it to shake down the thunder from the sky as they march onward to victory.

Perhaps we could adopt the Michigan's or UCLA's fight song tune (both refer to being the best team from the West).
Links?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh we're the lads from wherever
We love to headbutt campaigners and snort coke
We win a flag every sixty years
So ya better watch out, 'cause we'll bite ya f*in face off
Too nuanced for a post match chorus.

We are the very model of a modern team of footballers
We’ve forwards and backs and wingers few but lots of inside midfielders
We’ll win a million clearances but at scoring goals we’re out of luck
Though this has nowt to do our pooh-poohing of a second ruck.

We must work twice as hard to score as many points as other teams
We’ll dominate a quarter for the whole duration, so it seems
Before allowing rapid goals to opposition in an eye’s quick blink
And frankly this is one part of our game that really does quite stink.

We tend to be more disciplined when tackling than most other sides
We rarely hit too high or jump on backs and take them for a ride
Some idiots complain that we are favoured as regards free kicks
But frankly they are ugly stupid smelly inbred whining pricks.

We are the very model of a modern team of footballers
We’ve forwards and backs and wingers few but lots of inside midfielders
We’ll win a million clearances but at scoring goals we’re out of luck
Though this has nowt to do our pooh-poohing of a second ruck.

We must work twice as hard to score as many points as other teams
We’ll dominate a quarter for the whole duration, so it seems
Before allowing rapid goals to opposition in an eye’s quick blink
And frankly this is one part of our game that really does quite stink.

We tend to be more disciplined when tackling than most other sides
We rarely hit too high or jump on backs and take them for a ride
Some idiots complain that we are favoured as regards free kicks
But frankly they are ugly stupid smelly inbred

Just what the Club needs, a bit of Gilbert & Sullivan. Your lyrics are brilliant. The tempo might a bit tricky after a big win.

To We Will Rock You - Queen

Buddy, you're a boy, make a big noise

Doggies you’re a joy, make a big noise

Playing in the street, gonna be a big man someday

Bringing all the heat, gonna win big this day

You got mud on your face, you big disgrace

Mud on the face, we’re in the race

Kicking your can all over the place, singin'

Kicking that ball all over the place, singin’

We will, we will rock you

We are red white and blue

We will, we will rock you

And we will, we will rock you

Buddy, you're a young man, hard man

Doggies we are young men, hard men

Shouting in the street, gonna take on the world someday

We’re the ones to beat, gonna shake the world this day

You got blood on your face, you big disgrace

Blood on the face, it’s no disgrace

Waving your banner all over the place

Waving our banner all over the place

We will, we will rock you, sing it!

We are red, white and blue, sing it

We will, we will rock you, yeah

And we will, we will rock you, yeah

I still haven't come to grips with this one.

Is it Bulldogs fight or bite? I always get confused...

Either way, leave it alone. Port have demonstrated beyond any shade of doubt what 'adopting' a new song is like.
(Absolutely, 100%, embarrassingly f#cking awful.)

Back