Opinion Our Current Rebuild Will Ultimately Fail - Prove Me Wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

We may as well shut up shop if we aren't picking the best talent and backing in culture. Freo don't have a problem keeping them (on the most part) and neither do Port, Brisbane, West Coast. Sydney, The reason players leave us is because our off field is not in order and they mismanage our cap. We have given out some truly stupid contracts the last 6-7 years. It's all well and good for Riccuito sit on the sidelines each game complaining how crap we are but he created it along with Reid and Ogilvie. The club does nothing about it and keeps hiring new coaches. I'm not a fan of Nick's but how about giving a coach something to work with.

Well evidently our culture ******* sucks.

We may as well shut up shop if we aren't picking the best talent and backing in culture. Freo don't have a problem keeping them (on the most part) and neither do Port, Brisbane, West Coast. Sydney, The reason players leave us is because our off field is not in order and they mismanage our cap. We have given out some truly stupid contracts the last 6-7 years. It's all well and good for Riccuito sit on the sidelines each game complaining how crap we are but he created it along with Reid and Ogilvie. The club does nothing about it and keeps hiring new coaches. I'm not a fan of Nick's but how about giving a coach something to work with.
Who is currently leaving us? All clubs loss players due to money or go home factor or both. Sydney recently loss Dawson, West Coast loss Judd, Port loss Stevens and we loss Dangerfield all in the past. I would have offered Lever not the reported $850-900K from Melbourne but definitely $750K instead of the report $550K so half of MacKay's $400K salary and the other $200K to Cameron....stuff using this spread the salary cap through out the list similar to how Geelong's done their and if the rumour we've thrown $850-900K at JHF then good on us for changing the salary cap we used in the past which doesn't work anymore.

Who is currently leaving us? All clubs loss players due to money or go home factor or both. Sydney recently loss Dawson, West Coast loss Judd, Port loss Stevens and we loss Dangerfield all in the past. I would have offered Lever not the reported $850-900K from Melbourne but definitely $750K instead of the report $550K so half of MacKay's $400K salary and the other $200K to Cameron....stuff using this spread the salary cap through out the list similar to how Geelong's done their and if the rumour we've thrown $850-900K at JHF then good on us for changing the salary cap we used in the past which doesn't work anymore.
I didn't say players were leaving even though some have left in the past as you pointed out. I was responding to someone that said we shouldn't pick the best talent due to go home factor. If we aren't picking the best talent we may as well give up as you're defeated before you begin if you are worried about them going home. Create the right environment for success and they stay. I can't stand the attitude that every decent player not born here will go home. It doesn't happen at other clubs and it shouldn't happen here. I think we have been seen by some clubs as an easy target to poach some of our players. I would prefer other clubs view us as a club where it's very difficult to get a player out such as sydney. That's generally created by culture.

Last edited:

I didn't say players were leaving even though some have left in the past as you pointed out. I was responding to someone that said we shouldn't pick the best talent due to go home factor. If we aren't picking the best talent we may as well give up as you are defeated before you begin if your worried about them going home. Create the right environment for success and they stay. I can't stand they attitude that every decent player not born here will go home. It doesn't happen at other clubs and it shouldn't happen here.
We've always picked on the best talent first and then needs whether they are in SA or not. If they are of same talent then we logically go with SA which probably happened with Thilthorpe over McDonald.

Don’t really consider Lever or Smith smash it out the park picks. They were good (not great) picks in the first round.

Real big wins were McGovern in 2014 & Cameron in 2013

That’s a barren decade

To make it worse we’ve never been a trade up for picks team, we’ve always been happy to try to “out draft” other teams where we stood through just “being smarter” than them - based on nothing at all

If anything, our unmerited confidence in our draft superiority has led us to trade down more than trade up

Problem being - the last decade has shown we’re really, really bad at drafting. We’ve just been too full of ourselves at admit it

In reality our drafting has been poor since Rendell left. Absolutely indisputable. And we have done nothing about it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What did Blight say?

Just from that grab he said McAdam was the only Crows player to improve this year compared to last. That there’s been zero improvement across the team. Can’t say I disagree.

Laughable that Roo thinks pushing Essendon to 4 points is something to hang your hat on. They are putrid.

Just from that grab he said McAdam was the only Crows player to improve this year compared to last. That there’s been zero improvement across the team. Can’t say I disagree.

Yeah, that’s hard to argue.

I’d imagine that Roo doesn’t disagree behind closed doors. In public of course he has to tow the line, but I can’t think he really believes that isn’t true

Yeah, that’s hard to argue.

I’d imagine that Roo doesn’t disagree behind closed doors. In public of course he has to tow the line, but I can’t think he really believes that isn’t true
So when Roo said they can't kick or handball, what he meant was before they couldn't pick up a ball so its an improvement.

I also laughed when he said Nicks would also disagree, well I am shocked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once again we see that Roo is a BIG part of the problem. The sooner he is gone the better.
Yep Ol mate Roo is now hitting Port Power levels of delusion with those comments. I love the part where he says if you asked Matthew Knicks how we are travelling this year he would say we are miles ahead of last year. Farken lol!! Of course he is going to say that you stupid campaigner, he wants to remain employed.

Yep Ol mate Roo is now hitting Port Power levels of delusion with those comments. I love the part where he says if you asked Matthew Knicks how we are travelling this year he would say we are miles ahead of last year. Farken lol!! Of course he is going to say that you stupid campaigner, he wants to remain employed.
Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Hately, Berry, Jones, Rowe (subject to change but his best games this year were much better than his best last year), at SANFL Level Parnell has come into his own this year. Seems unfair to disregard their improvement and say only Mcadam has improved.

How many weeks ago did he say we cant kick or handball?

He's a friggin clueless moron

Once again we see that Roo is a BIG part of the problem. The sooner he is gone the better.
Of course he isn't going to agree with it because he is the major part of the problem. Blight is effectively calling him out along with Ogilvie, Reid, Kelly, Nicks. How can Roo seriously say we are better? We are irrelevant. No one in the league cares about us or even mentions us anymore.

This is so pointed they could have been talking directly about us:

"There’s always a risk when publicising our aims and aspirations but I also think that’s the beauty of it.
"We’d much prefer to set ourselves ambitious goals and do everything we possibly can to achieve them and put ourselves on the hook to do so, rather than quietly keep your head down and not attract too much attention."

This is so pointed they could have been talking directly about us:

"There’s always a risk when publicising our aims and aspirations but I also think that’s the beauty of it.
"We’d much prefer to set ourselves ambitious goals and do everything we possibly can to achieve them and put ourselves on the hook to do so, rather than quietly keep your head down and not attract too much attention."
Has Fages released our 5 year plan yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back