Our First Pick - The Deficit - We have pick 10!

Remove this Banner Ad

Might make sense to trade back to end of round 1 and pick up a round 2 depending on our NGA situation.

We'll obviously wait and see but hopefully we can keep our options open. As it gets closer to draft day, some clubs will have their hearts set on specific players and are willing to pay a lot to get ahead in the order (i.e us and GWS last year). I don't mind the idea of moving down for additional picks at the right price but good to keep our options open.

The NGA players pushing the pick back are irrelevant.
Someone needs to do a draft order minus NGAs and we will have access to the tenth best player there, unless there are FA compo picks.

Last edited:

I still don't understand the draft

I love how this system has been operating for 5 years now, and we only get clarity on whether a deficit results in points being in between two picks, it goes to the higher pick now . ffs AFL
And now we go down the rabbit hole of, what would have happened if it was pick 1 to 2...
would it be cynical for me to say it’d depend on who finished 2nd bottom

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 10 isn't too bad when all is said and done, specifically like being boosted above Geelong as they
1. Have a love for WA players and
2. draft very well

Confident that we will. There will obviously be less to choose from but thems the breaks.
I don't think Brad Crouch will get a Band 1 compo now. He's reportedly going to Geelong and not a team like North that would have had to pay the max. This draft is a lottery more than any in history. Bar the first 4 picks its going to be more good luck than good recruiting with such limited info on many. There's a real chance that a few times will benefit from just pure luck and end up with a better player with later picks sliding back then if they had access to earlier picks.

And Corr. I know you guys don't think it will happen but North have millions to spend and I think Corr will be making a lot of money
Corr is not getting band 1, bet my house on it.

If for some incredibly stupid reason North gave him 700k+ for 5 years they would add the secret herbs and spices to make it band 2 like they did with Ellis for band 3 last year

Corr is not getting band 1, bet my house on it.

If for some incredibly stupid reason North gave him 700k+ for 5 years they would add the secret herbs and spices to make it band 2 like they did with Ellis for band 3 last year
If they offload Brown and Polec there will be a million and a half dollars extra to spend, front loading their contract to secure a player long term isn't out of the question.

I'm expecting them to spend a lot of money up front buying players.

If they offload Brown and Polec there will be a million and a half dollars extra to spend, front loading their contract to secure a player long term isn't out of the question.

I reckon with Polec they have to basically pay his wage to get a draft pick that isn’t dogshit. Basically buy a draft pick

Last edited:

The problem there is they will likely be paying half their salary for the duration. Expect that figure to be closer to $800K less for another club to tqke them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back