Analysis Our forward line - KPF depth?

Remove this Banner Ad

WOW.

As someone who has performed stand up comedy on numerous occasions I can't being to tell you how much that comment hurt me.
Suffer :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unimpressed. I like to control the ball and tempo and that's not the forward line to do it.

We're basically playing on the counter with no real system.

There is no real point to all the small forwards. We'll see what happens when Joe and Hooker return.

Unimpressed. I like to control the ball and tempo and that's not the forward line to do it.

We're basically playing on the counter with no real system.

There is no real point to all the small forwards. We'll see what happens when Joe and Hooker return.
After the first goal within a minute I think it was just have fun footy, no point showing tactics/ set plays to the whole competition in the first game.

After the first goal within a minute I think it was just have fun footy, no point showing tactics/ set plays to the whole competition in the first game.
Don't buy this 'don't give the gameplan away' stuff. If the strategy is dependent on the opposition not knowing what it is and it can be dismantled once it's figured out, it's not a good, sustainable plan to begin with. Teams will know how Essendon plays a few weeks into the season and it shouldn't prevent Essendon from winning.

It makes way more sense to practice the strategy and learn to execute it well so it doesn't matter if the opposition knows it, than to hide it.

That said it is impossible to gauge what the forward structure will be like from that game given that Hooker, Daniher and, less importantly, Laverde weren't playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back