Opinion Our Future

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I have been thinking about this one for a few months now and finally decided to voice my view. Where are we heading as a club? That is the biggest question I have and I'm not just talking about on field. I remember hearing Auld recently saying that a long term goal the club has is to take ownership of the license off the AFL and establish a true Community Ownership Model. This can't really happen until we the supporters prove that the community has fully embraced the club and have a sustainable model that doesn't require handouts from the AFL.

One day we'll be like most other clubs in the AFL and every member actually owns a small percentage of the club. What comes with that is a responsibility to vote in board members that will do us proud and I can't wait for the day we finally get to do this. However until then we have to work on creating a sense of ownership for the Gold Coast community and prove that we don't need the AFL to hold our hand.

Even though we don't like it the club is still in the process of setting up the foundations to establish a sustainable long term model. We desperately need to find a revenue source outside the winter months and it would appear the club is going all guns blazing for a T20 franchise to help us in our pursuit to become financially viable.

Any thoughts guys?

I have been thinking about this one for a few months now and finally decided to voice my view. Where are we heading as a club? That is the biggest question I have and I'm not just talking about on field. I remember hearing Auld recently saying that a long term goal the club has is to take ownership of the license off the AFL and establish a true Community Ownership Model. This can't really happen until we the supporters prove that the community has fully embraced the club and have a sustainable model that doesn't require handouts from the AFL.

One day we'll be like most other clubs in the AFL and every member actually owns a small percentage of the club. What comes with that is a responsibility to vote in board members that will do us proud and I can't wait for the day we finally get to do this. However until then we have to work on creating a sense of ownership for the Gold Coast community and prove that we don't need the AFL to hold our hand.

Even though we don't like it the club is still in the process of setting up the foundations to establish a sustainable long term model. We desperately need to find a revenue source outside the winter months and it would appear the club is going all guns blazing for a T20 franchise to help us in our pursuit to become financially viable.

Any thoughts guys?
Romes foundations were not built in a day. some early successes will also help but in 20 years time I suspect you will be a viable club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back