Toast Our Goals for 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

WakeUpPies

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
This thread is for everyone to share, discuss and post updates on their goals, hopes and dreams for 2017!

2016 has been the best year of my life to date and I'm going to build on it in '17! I've just finished Uni for good (I say that now ...), moved back home to Melbourne, and am ready to start the next chapter of my life.

My goals for 2017 are:

1) To practice a language other than English for at least 30 minutes a day - will be easy being back at home, will be practicing French and Chinese with my lovely mother.

2) To improve my writing skills - I will be writing something for at least 30 minutes a day. Science degrees do a great job of destroying your ability to write like a normal person. I want to fix that. No more passive pseudo-third person academic writing!

3) Become financially secure enough to move out of home by the end of the year - Home is sweet but I think I'd go mad if I stayed for too long! Moved out 4 years ago and am down to my last $$$ ... thanks Uni. Time to get to work!

Those are my 2017 goals for now. What are yours?

2016 has been the best year of my life to date and I'm going to build on it in '17...

Kudos to you WakeUp :thumbsu:. I'm backing you to have a cracker of a year.

My 2016 footy goal was to be Zen when Clokey kicked for goal. Finally took Bevo to fix the situation.

My 2017 footy goal is to enjoy the little things like Tonka Kirby running though Cotchin, Murphy, and Hodge.

Last edited:
2017 goals are:

for me to secure a management position in which i have been likened to at my work place for a couple months now. This will allow a good and steady income for my partner and son.

To get back on the footy field myself, 2015 i was playing regular senior footy, finished 6th in the b&f and was really loving it. 2016 was horrible, high hamstring tendon injury + a quad strain and now bursitis issues kept me out for basically the whole season, its something i really enjoy doing so it means a lot if i can get back out playing next year.

In relation to Collingwood:

The obvious is a Collingwood premiership :p but realistically i would like to see us make finals. Would also love for Bucks to get it right and have a good gameplan just to prove all the haters wrong.

Winding back my work in 2017, and aim to fill my new 'spare' time with things that interest me. Have some research interests to pursue, might do a little bit of writing, want to perfect making chicken stock, will get to Pies training as often as I can, and to Sydney to help my daughter and her family. A new era is dawning, and I am both excited and a little anxious about how it will pan out. My husband is also newly retired.

So a (semi) new life, here I come!

My main goal is to consolidate the fantastic year that 2016 was, build on it and make 2017 even better
To date, based on the phone calls I have had, it looks like being a ripping year

It's been a week and glad to report I have not fallen off track yet LOL. Meeting 1) and 2) daily and on track for 3). How are you all going?

This is a terrific thread that deserves a bit more attention.

Main goal is to give new experiences a shot. Say no to less.
So I was trawling this board for another thread and found this one by accident.

Still I’d say it’s a pretty good time to reflect as we head toward red time in 2017.

I can definitely say that although I forgot this pearl of wisdom, I definitely embraced it. Threw in my job and travelled the US and Europe for three months and am now settling into the next two years living in London.

How has everyone else’s 2017 treated them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back