List Mgmt. Our List 2014 - Trade, De-list and Draft - (keep it all in here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^^

Way too early to make a statement like that including Krueze i think if he was offered the type of money that will be offered to Gibbs, I dont think it would be that easy.
He got offered a million a year to go to Sydney... turned them down flat.

I didn't see a lot of footy this year, due to travel, however, I wonder if anyone can fill me in on how Darren Jolly's holding up? Fitness, athleticism etc... I know he was injured and Grundy took his position and that's about it. Is there anything to be gained by us picking him up as a tall, marking, forward? How is his marking these days? He used to be quite solid.

He'd only have a year or two left I guess. I'm trying to balance the idea of creating a winning culture (assuming he helped us win) vs developing a younger list...or perhaps the two aren't mutually exclusive. Could he help develop the list??

I know it seems a little outrageous which is not usually my game (baby), but just crossed my mind :)

I didn't see a lot of footy this year, due to travel, however, I wonder if anyone can fill me in on how Darren Jolly's holding up? Fitness, athleticism etc... I know he was injured and Grundy took his position and that's about it. Is there anything to be gained by us picking him up as a tall, marking, forward? How is his marking these days? He used to be quite solid.

He'd only have a year or two left I guess. I'm trying to balance the idea of creating a winning culture (assuming he helped us win) vs developing a younger list...or perhaps the two aren't mutually exclusive. Could he help develop the list??

I know it seems a little outrageous which is not usually my game (baby), but just crossed my mind :)

Bloke can't really jump anymore unfortunately which makes him a liability in the ruck. No worries with thinking outside the box. I think Jolly would be best be avoided since we have no need for another mature age ruck.

I wouldn't bother with Jolly now.

I did float his name as an option through the trade period but only if we decided to be ultra-aggressive and trade both Hampson and Warnock.

In that scenario I think there would have been real merit to the idea of bringing in Jolly as a mature aged rookie to support Kreuzer, as well as also bringing in a young ruck through the rookie draft.

Having kept both Kreuzer and Warnock there's now no need for Jolly. I am in favour of bringing a 3rd ruck to the club through the rookie draft but that should be a young kid rather than a 32 year old.

I wouldn't bother with Jolly now.

I did float his name as an option through the trade period but only if we decided to be ultra-aggressive and trade both Hampson and Warnock.

In that scenario I think there would have been real merit to the idea of bringing in Jolly as a mature aged rookie to support Kreuzer, as well as also bringing in a young ruck through the rookie draft.

Having kept both Kreuzer and Warnock there's now no need for Jolly. I am in favour of bringing a 3rd ruck to the club through the rookie draft but that should be a young kid rather than a 32 year old.

Ah yeah. I was floating the idea of bringing him in purely as a FF though, that wouldn't ruck at all. From memory he has a pretty good set of hands and a reasonable shot on goal, is all.

Alan Didak may be signed by GWS
Didak met with with Giants coach Leon Cameron and their football operations chief Graeme Allan on Sunday and has completed a medical at the club, which can sign him as a delisted free agent before Monday's 2pm deadline.

Alternatively, Didak could be recruited via the pre-season draft by the Giants, who have space for as many as three additional players on their senior list, which consists of 46 players plus ex-Sydney Swan Jed Lamb, whom GWS will select as an out-of-contract signing in Wednesday's pre-season draft.
Alan Didak may be signed by GWS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back