List Mgmt. Our List 2014 - Trade, De-list and Draft - (keep it all in here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
None except he will be on the senior list so can play any time rather than have to be one of our two nominated rookies (which we will only have one of if someone is added during the PSD btw). If we wanted him, it also takes away the risk of someone else nabbing him with a rookie spot before ours.
So in this case if we were intending PSD then we would have taken that player in ND.
So i guess no PSD for us this year.
Jed Lamb GWS is a diff case

So in this case if we were intending PSD then we would have taken that player in ND.
So i guess no PSD for us this year.
Jed Lamb GWS is a diff case

Yes, but I think there was one more list lodgement(?) after the ND so teams sometimes hold that spot open for the PSD in case something else is shaken loose.

Can't help wondering whether we still see something in McCarthy? If so, I'd be happy for him to be looked at as a rookie.

Harks, would you rather give McCarthy a second chance over Mitchell? I didn't see either of them this year, do you think there is more to work with in McCarthy?

Also forgot to mention that I think Kane Lambert deserves a place on a rookie list. Blaine Johnson could get a gig too.

There's still some definite value to be found in this rookie draft, which is very interesting considering the perceived lack of depth at the draft. I think this has become the new normal as it is much cheaper to get these guys as rookies on a rookies salary, rather than use another live pick in the draft. Saves senior spots for elevation and increases competition amongst the rookies. I think it's a pretty smart concept.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

disappointed to here the rumour that we've lost interest in mitch thorp especially when we can have him for nothing. Big strong marking forward is exactly what we need now after so far a successful trade period. Would fit in well next to Henderson and Waite. i really hope it's only a rumour

Why is that ??? Is everyone elses senior lists full ??? That seems like a pretty crazy situation to be in.

The club is currently running with a 38+6 list meaning that we have 38 senior listed players with 6 rookies.

The rookies are where we are putting project players or guys who (basically Scotland) are just cover for other players for a 12 month period. If we were to take someone from the left overs in the PSD, then our list would be 39+5 which means that we cant take 1 possible project player and we would have to include the salary of the guy taken in the PSD in our senior list TPP.. if we took him as a rookie, we would only have to include 50% of his salary in the salary cap and if things didnt work out over the course of the 12 months, we can delist him at the end of next season without having to worry about including his second years salary in our TPP for 2015... which is something we would have to do if we took him in the PSD.

Surely tippet is on the cards. Exactly what we need. Afl ready depth in the kpd area. The usual shoulder pop ( ie doing a jammo) will have us very thin down back..again... I would think we would take him first up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back