Universal Love Our list is actually fcken lit, fam *chef kissy fingers*

Remove this Banner Ad

GCS list looks a bit of alright too..but with all those concessions and hovering at the bottom of the ladder for years it is no wonder.
Clever list management by Port. They did it the hard way.
As for Ken, it takes a club to win a premiership and if we get one with him at the helm he deserves as much kudos as anyone else here.
i dont think so, if we win under Ken then shame on us because we should have had 3 if that is the case, by typical port mentallity just cant see what a failure he is

now the list is confirmed.
Few things, are under 25s look great. We have depth this year and players who have played AFL sitting outside our best 22.

Couple things.
Can we play both motlop and fantasia in the same team? Does a Williams or play an extra tall push one out?
Is hartlett, Rockliff, Wines, gray, boak to a lesser degree to slow to all be there together.
Can Burton get his body to hold up.
Which 3 play between aliir, clurey, jonas and Mckenzie?
Can you play all of MG, Dixon, Ladhams and Marshall together?
Where does Bergman fit now? the back smalls are excellent, DBJ, Houston, Hartlett, Burton and adding jones on top? plus bonner amd Garner to.
Where does our wing speed come from outside of Amon and Duursma?
Can Hayes take that step up and go past either of our rucks this year?

We're fairly overstocked in the medium sized defenders department. We're going to struggle to fit all of Jones, Bergman, Garner in there with Byrne-Jones, Houston, Hartlett, Burton and McKenzie.

We have good depth in most positions. My one major concern is classy midfielders. Our ultimate success this year really relies on Rozee, Butters and to a lesser extent Houston taking the next step and becoming elite midfielders.

yer agree. aging rockliff, boak, gray cant carry us. And we lack that genuine speed.

We have good depth in most positions. My one major concern is classy midfielders. Our ultimate success this year really relies on Rozee, Butters and to a lesser extent Houston taking the next step and becoming elite midfielders.
This is why I wouldn't trade down next yr but trade up to get Horne. He has said we are his preference as his dad is a port supporter I'm sure a couple of posters on here know his old man😉
Also hopefully drew pushes rocky out at some stage this yr.

This is why I wouldn't trade down next yr but trade up to get Horne. He has said we are his preference as his dad is a port supporter I'm sure a couple of posters on here know his old man😉

Has anyone seen his old man nodding his head?

Who is Horne you speak
Of?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jason Horne south Adelaide midfielder tip to be a top pick next yr.

We have watched him over the past few years, gun but keep a eye on Mathew Roberts very smart player.

As covered in the 2021 draft thread there are several SA players besides Jace that are of interest:

Arlo Draper (South Adelaide/South Australia)
30/01/2003 | 185cm/71kg
Midfielder/Forward

A smooth-moving type with plenty of upside, Draper returned a fantastic bottom-age season with South Adelaide to prove on of South Australia’s brightest 2021 candidates. He wins a good amount of contested ball while also providing marking and goal threats up forward.

Cooper Murley (Norwood/South Australia)
20/06/2003 | 177cm/66kg
Small Midfielder/Forward

Part of Norwood’s Under 18 premiership side, Murley already looks a class above the grade. His speed out of congestion, repeat forward running, and excellent skills made for scintillating viewing in 2020, making him a prime prospect for next year. Still has some filling out to do.

Lewis Rayson (Glenelg/South Australia)
14/01/2003 | 181cm/64kg
Half-Back

A small defender who impacts in a big way, Rayson provides plenty of drive from half-back. His ability to read the play and break forward quickly in transition is a real asset, capped off by damaging use by foot.

Matthew Roberts (South Adelaide/South Australia)
31/07/2003 | 183cm/76kg
Midfielder/Forward

Roberts is a standout wherever he plays and dominated both the school football and SANFL Under 18 scenes at times in 2020. He is capable of racking up huge numbers through sheer work-rate and competitiveness, while also posing a scoring threat when resting up forward.

As covered in the 2021 draft thread there are several SA players besides Jace that are of interest:

Arlo Draper (South Adelaide/South Australia)
30/01/2003 | 185cm/71kg
Midfielder/Forward

A smooth-moving type with plenty of upside, Draper returned a fantastic bottom-age season with South Adelaide to prove on of South Australia’s brightest 2021 candidates. He wins a good amount of contested ball while also providing marking and goal threats up forward.

Cooper Murley (Norwood/South Australia)
20/06/2003 | 177cm/66kg
Small Midfielder/Forward

Part of Norwood’s Under 18 premiership side, Murley already looks a class above the grade. His speed out of congestion, repeat forward running, and excellent skills made for scintillating viewing in 2020, making him a prime prospect for next year. Still has some filling out to do.

Lewis Rayson (Glenelg/South Australia)
14/01/2003 | 181cm/64kg
Half-Back

A small defender who impacts in a big way, Rayson provides plenty of drive from half-back. His ability to read the play and break forward quickly in transition is a real asset, capped off by damaging use by foot.

Matthew Roberts (South Adelaide/South Australia)
31/07/2003 | 183cm/76kg
Midfielder/Forward

Roberts is a standout wherever he plays and dominated both the school football and SANFL Under 18 scenes at times in 2020. He is capable of racking up huge numbers through sheer work-rate and competitiveness, while also posing a scoring threat when resting up forward.

Watched Roberts play his first A grade game a few days after turning 15. Kick 4 .

Draper is a kid who was playing soccer a few years ago.

Watch out for Maygor the year after.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back