Universal Love Our list is actually fcken lit, fam *chef kissy fingers*

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon we’ll have 2 of the 4 play in round one and almost certainly see all 4 given games. Georgiades is perhaps the least likely, while Bergman is the most likely.
Will be interesting to see who gets the first game. I am the opposite to you. Georgiades is the only one that is uninjured and ready to train full tilt from day one of the preseason. The other three carry injuries into the preaseason and will be on modified programs, not the ideal start for them. Burgoyne some ways off.

I reckon we will see Georgiades grab Sam Gray spot, and get the first game of the four. Hopefully one or two of the others can be there as well.

If the 2018 draft was the commencement of a 5 year plan for our club, we should be aiming at a grand final berth, no later than 2024 (20 years since our '04 flag).

Looking at who we currently* have in our squad, I have tried to project how we could line up in 2024:

FF Williams, Marshall, Woodcock
HF Butters, Georgiades, Powell-Pepper
C Duursma, Mead, Amon
HB Houston, Pasini, Byrne-Jones
FB Garner, Clurey, Burton

RUCK
Hayes
Bergman
Rozee

INT Ladhams, Drew, Farrell, Cox

*Schofield and Jones not considered as not confirmed at this stage. Wines not included due to speculation re move.

From the above team, theres a bit of potential there but we really need massive development from a lot of players - in particular Marshall and Hayes - and continuing steady development of recent draftees.

CHAMPION DATA LIST RATINGS 2020

1. Richmond

2. Western Bulldogs

3. Collingwood

4. GWS Giants

5. West Coast Eagles

6. North Melbourne

7. Geelong Cats

8. Port Adelaide

9. Essendon

10. Hawthorn

11. Brisbane Lions

12. Melbourne

13. St Kilda

14. Sydney Swans

15. Adelaide Crows

16. Carlton

17. Fremantle

18. Gold Coast Suns

1. Richmond

2. Western Bulldogs

3. Collingwood

4. GWS Giants

5. West Coast Eagles

6. North Melbourne

7. Geelong Cats

8. Port Adelaide

9. Essendon

10. Hawthorn

11. Brisbane Lions

12. Melbourne

13. St Kilda

14. Sydney Swans

15. Adelaide Crows

16. Carlton

17. Fremantle

18. Gold Coast Suns
North is interesting

1. Richmond

2. Western Bulldogs

3. Collingwood

4. GWS Giants

5. West Coast Eagles

6. North Melbourne

7. Geelong Cats

8. Port Adelaide

9. Essendon

10. Hawthorn

11. Brisbane Lions

12. Melbourne

13. St Kilda

14. Sydney Swans

15. Adelaide Crows

16. Carlton

17. Fremantle

18. Gold Coast Suns

They said we had the 2nd best list in 2018. That worked out well.

They said we had the 2nd best list in 2018. That worked out well.

Their rankings are based on the previous two seasons, and 2017 we had a statistically awesome season.

6-8th is about where we should be finishing this year (barring long term injuries) after a down year last year (that was expected). I'm expecting better years from Hartlett (second year back from ACL), Dixon (second year back from broken leg), Watts (back from broken leg), Rockliff (finally had his shoulder fixed permanently) and for Bergman and Williams to either play all the games or split a position on the ground for half of the year (Bergman takes the first half, Williams the second, that sort of thing).

I'd have Lycett and Ladhams go head in the preseason and if Ladhams is holding his own, play two rucks, but if he isn't, just go with one ruck - because if he can't beat Lycett at least some of the time he's not going to give us much of an advantage against other teams.

1. Richmond

2. Western Bulldogs

3. Collingwood

4. GWS Giants

5. West Coast Eagles

6. North Melbourne

7. Geelong Cats

8. Port Adelaide

9. Essendon

10. Hawthorn

11. Brisbane Lions

12. Melbourne

13. St Kilda

14. Sydney Swans

15. Adelaide Crows

16. Carlton

17. Fremantle

18. Gold Coast Suns
Brisbane undervalued because they have only played 1 good season, by the end of next year they'll be above us. Though I 100% agree we are in that mid pack with Essendon, Hawthorn, Saints, Swans and Crows, and maybe the Dees but we're yet to see if last year was an aberration yet.

Brisbane undervalued because they have only played 1 good season, by the end of next year they'll be above us. Though I 100% agree we are in that mid pack with Essendon, Hawthorn, Saints, Swans and Crows, and maybe the Dees but we're yet to see if last year was an aberration yet.

Yeah, remember that year when Monfries was rated as our only ‘elite’ player and people were all, “WAS IT WRITTEN BY AN ESSENDON SUPPORTER?”

Magic.

They had a basically injury free season too, will watch with interest next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another way to look at it is if we are ranked 8th this year, and it takes 2 years for the champion data ratings to catch up, given we were in the top few the last few years then that indicates we're currently sliding down and we're likely actually a lot lower than that 8th rank at the moment, but that'll only be reflected later in the year.

What it says is, who had the best list for the past two years.

Assuming that projects forward is courageous.
So we had the 8th-best list in the past two seasons, and no finals to show for it?

ive been saying it for 12 months, we have the best list coming through. Shame Ken's in charge thats all

ive been saying it for 12 months, we have the best list coming through. Shame Ken's in charge thats all
GCS list looks a bit of alright too..but with all those concessions and hovering at the bottom of the ladder for years it is no wonder.
Clever list management by Port. They did it the hard way.
As for Ken, it takes a club to win a premiership and if we get one with him at the helm he deserves as much kudos as anyone else here.

For the first time in at least 15 years, I noticed that those who are s**t kicks now stand out in our team and I mean really stand out.

For the previous years all that stood out was the good kicks, cause we had maybe 1 or 2.

now we have so many it’s totally turned around.

What a turnaround.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back