Our Loss!

Remove this Banner Ad

We're going to cop some flack over the loss mentioned in the Hun today (notice "John Ibrahim" has already kissed us goodbye!) but I thought we may be in a spot of bother this year with the poor crowds at some games and the cessation of the equalisation fund. The 600k loss as mentioned is only a couple of good home game crowds from profit,but of course we rarely get home games against big drawing clubs and ,with the home team pocketing everything these days,teams like North need these desperately. At least next year our 2 MCG home games are against Essendon and Carlton.

Groucho

As per usual the Hun has gone on a fishing expedition looking for a story - making the news rather than waiting on the facts - to paraphrase the Hun's own story - Miller said that the true position will not be known till February!

Obviously the Hun couldn't wait that long and decided to put the boots in now (BTW it happens every time at this time of year)

You can't let the facts (or even wait for the facts) get in the way of a good story!!

Cheers

Gonzo

Too right Gonzo. I do feel a little embarrassed falling for the oldest trick in the book ie "Taking a Hun headline seriously"! We'll still cop it though. I can just hear Healy,Hookes,Sheahan,Wilson,Connolly etc with that annoying mock serious voice they're all so good at saying "trouble down there...." when,if the auditors report isn't even done , then they can know nothing!

Well....gee....if John Ibrahim AND the Hun have written North off, it *must* be time to lock up the gates at Arden Street......
wink.gif

Shinners....... help..... I can't find the gates..... I think we sold the fence and gates to pay our way..... what is going on..... no gates..... help..... this may be the end of life as we know it.....

oh thank god I found some gates beside the social club.....

Sorry I got carried away with all the histeria.....

and Shannon's of 1999... and Winnie's of 1998.. and....

Look let's face it last year was crap and we finished 4th... imagine if the boys put it together......

PARTY TIME...

Sorry Shinners,Rooboy but you wont win the flag next season :p but im not sure i qualify on the "tedious, no-life, humour deficient, tosser" line, well not the humour deficient bit anyway.
wink.gif

To the actual topic though now that the Broadie club is nearly up to speed, i reckon that should be an bonaza for you blokes. Hope so anyway and that they continue to stick it up the league anyway.

btw Rooboy i was lol at the gates ref, very good, you have been missed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back